PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft PLEASE put out a new map pack

Absente
12-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Ubisoft please put out a new map pack for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, preferably a throwback map pack with LVU Campus in it. With no new Rainbow Six out for a while a map pack would make perfect sense and bring some attention to the game. I still play Vegas everyday but I am getting bored of the same old maps. PLEASE PUT OUT A MAP PACK WITH LVU!!!

Absente
12-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Ubisoft please put out a new map pack for Rainbow Six Vegas 2, preferably a throwback map pack with LVU Campus in it. With no new Rainbow Six out for a while a map pack would make perfect sense and bring some attention to the game. I still play Vegas everyday but I am getting bored of the same old maps. PLEASE PUT OUT A MAP PACK WITH LVU!!!

piecemaker11
12-20-2009, 10:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1064316/m/4201010518 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991064316/m/4201010518)

Absente
12-20-2009, 10:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1064316/m/5391012718 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991064316/m/5391012718)

Dirtymurph
12-20-2009, 02:22 PM

o WhoCares o
12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
that's like asking them to make the map packs for Rainbow Black Arrow free (even though not many play it anymore!)

My point it is... it just won't happen! Not a big enough fan base anymore that would generate enough profit for the time it would take to create them.

bear1277
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by o WhoCares o:
My point it is... it just won't happen! Not a big enough fan base anymore that would generate enough profit for the time it would take to create them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. I think it would bring people back to the game if new content was released. I still play this game, but I would love to see new content released for it. It's unfortunate, because there really isn't any game out there that compares to it. I feel it's getting a bit old at this point though, and I'm tending to play other games more and more. I think a map pack to tide us over until plans for a new game are released would be just enough to keep our interest and bring back players that have already let the game go by the wayside out of boredom. I realize people out there will complain about the glitches and they need to be fixed, but they're not bad enough to make this game unplayable. We have loads of fun playing this game and I would love an update to add a breath of fresh air to it.

Dirtymurph
12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Heres the problems with wanting a map pack and why it wont happen.First is that almost every map in V2 is from a previous game.Now if they arent gonna put in time to make new maps what makes you guys think theyre gonna make a map pack? The first map pack was a joke,yet another old map with ones we already have.Second is that along with the lack of support coupled with the so called "gift pack" they made it very clear early on that they have no intention for continued support.Third is they put out a game every two or three years so they arent gonna support this game or take time out to make a map pack when theyre more then likely working on a new game.I would like to think the fan base is the reason but when they should of been supporting this game the number of players online was more then enough reason to do so but even then we got nothing.There were a ton of people on V1 and still no real support.Hard to support V1 when youre cranking out V2 in record time.

bear1277
12-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree with your points Murph, but what I will say to counter is that while new maps would be preferred, I don't think it's entirely necessary. There are plenty of people out there petitioning for the likes of LVU Campus and the Vault, etc. That would be enough to spark interest in this game again, and breathe enough new life into it to hold us over until the next iteration is released. I agree with your lack of support, but this really isn't a support related request. This is a feature enhancement request...to which they already have the code lying around. Last point...you stated that they cranked out V2 in record time, well guess what? During that record time, they still released a red and a black pack for V1, and not only did they include new maps, but new game modes as well.

I would really just like to see something added to this game to keep interest going until something new is released. I know that it probably won't happen, but like your "Community Suggestions and Ideas" thread, I would love to get some productive conversation going for the management team and dev team to think about.

Dirtymurph
12-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I agree with you.The only thing is that they released the pack for V1 just like V2.Its just stuff held out of the release version to sell later on probably. Especially V1,V2s pack might of been made later but there was no real effort if it was after release.It would be cool to see LVU though.

birdie19642009
12-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I would love to see aditional content for both RSV1/RSV2.ive played most FPS killzone/cod4/6 bad company/flashpoint/ but always come back for a nlast on RSV1/RSV2 but rarely play online because of 12 year old gutter mouthed in orange camo kids squawking down there mics,and its a bit laggy but love terrorist hunt on both, hours of fun over and over again best FPS out there