PDA

View Full Version : where's the IJN Shinano ???

u2336
03-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I really like SH4 but it seems they forgot to include this giant carrier !!
It wouldnt have been hard to modelize it as the Yamato hull was already done !

If I remember well when I played the game on my Amiga 500, silent hunter 2 had the Shinano, it was possible to do the USS Archerfish mission.

Am I alone to regret this ?

u2336
03-26-2007, 02:16 PM

If I remember well when I played the game on my Amiga 500, silent hunter 2 had the Shinano, it was possible to do the USS Archerfish mission.

Am I alone to regret this ?

u2336
03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.waffenhq.de/schiffe/shinano-01.jpg

tambor198
03-26-2007, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by u2336:

Am I alone to regret this ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Shinano is something that I'm sure you will be able to add later after the modders get done designing it.

tambor198 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

davizr
03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by u2336:

Am I alone to regret this ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Silent Service 2 right?

Great game! I played the original on the C64.
Sheesh.. that was 1985.. I am getting old..

u2336
03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
ahhh yes, that was silent service II by microprose. Gosh ! I do regret that publisher ! Remember all the good sims they released ?

davizr
03-27-2007, 12:41 AM
They were the sim gods. Gunship, Stealth Fighter, Airborne Ranger, F15, Red Storm Rising, M1 Tank Platoon, etc... No publisher has ever come close to consistently cranking out top class sims since. Sure the games were simpler, but so was the hardware.