PDA

View Full Version : Another reason for the ghillie suit

XxCH0NGxX
09-01-2007, 03:49 AM
"One takes on invincibility defending, one takes on vulnerability attacking."

"One takes on sufficiency defending, one takes on deficiency attacking."

"Those skilled in defense conceal themselves in the lowest depths of the Earth, Those skilled in attack move in the highest reaches of the Heavens."

"those skilled in warfare establish positions that make them invincible and do not miss opportunities to attack the enemy"

"one who is prepared and waits for the unprepared will be victorious"

"If the enemy is close and remains quiet, he occupies a natural stronghold"

-Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

After reading his teachings for the 5th time now, I really want the ghillie suit back. It's a part of warfare and I want it back. I use unconventional methods when I play recon. The ghillie suit is unconventional. Sniping is not the same with out it.

XxCH0NGxX
09-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Anyone who hasn't read The Art of War, I suggest you go buy the book and study it well. It will only make you better at online shooting games.

AI BLUEFOX
09-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Chong.

I suspect the game mechanics is the real reason why the ghillie suit hasn't appeared. As I'm sure you're aware by now, the long grass cover disappears when viewed from a distance leaving you completely exposed.

This doesn't seem fixable without a different game engine. So I think we're talking about the next major update - GRAW 3 or whatever it will be.

XxCH0NGxX
09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
well of course we won't see it till a later title. We just have to bug the **** out of the developers till they finally decide to put it in.

They have the ability to do it. This is supposed to be next gen gaming. So far, I'm not seeing much except for alot of games using paint-on-graphics. FIFA did this to make the players seem more 3 dimensional. I've seen it in many other games as well. I'm sure Redstorm has the ability to do it, they just arent doing it. If they have been able to make the graphics go from OGR to GRAW 2, then they can add a ghillie suit easily. I don't even care of the burlap sways with the character's movements. As long as it helps to destroy the silloette, then I'd be happy with it, and I"m sure many other gamers out there will be happy with it.

I would really like to see it in coop. Imagine they make the AI almost blind to your presence when you are beyond a certain distance, and with in a certain radius of the nearest vegitation. Such as, you are laying next to a bush, or crouched, and the enemy looking in your direction is at least beyond 15-20yrds. The way the AI is now, doesn't cut it. They see you from over 4-500ft away and shoot, even though you are wearing digital camo next to or in front of a bush. It's flat out ******ed.

AI BLUEFOX
09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm with you. You're adopting Sun's wisdom, and not missing an opportunity to get to the devs on it.

"those skilled in warfare establish positions that make them invincible and do not miss opportunities to attack the enemy"

Keep it up, dude.

lonegunman718
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
with it looking so good in cod4 i can not see how they would leave it out.......short of them doing ghostrecon2090 with "freaking lasers!"

XxCH0NGxX
09-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Now who said a ghillie suit couldn't be used in an Urban Enviroment. Watch this video. How much more urban can you get than inside an store like walmart?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RH2XsAkjYw0