PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Maybe youall can help me.

jrarendar
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I've read through as many of the related posts on the forum as I can find already, so... TRY and keep that in mind, even though I know this question HAS been adressed before....

I bought SC:CT the other day and, alas, it's not working correctly with my PC Game controller. *sigh* the righthand thumbstick does nothing whatsoever ingame.
I'm using a Gemeni Industries Recoil Axis Pad (http://www.gemini-usa.com/a5/ModelDetail.asp?CtgID=1377&User=GemGaming&PkgID=370557&Rnd=65) and I've read something about adjusting some of the z axises and stuff in the joysticks config file, but none of it seemed to work very much, but I might not have done it correctly. Ubisoft tech support was the most worthless thing ever. So hopefully someone here can lend a hand. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

jrarendar
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I've read through as many of the related posts on the forum as I can find already, so... TRY and keep that in mind, even though I know this question HAS been adressed before....

I bought SC:CT the other day and, alas, it's not working correctly with my PC Game controller. *sigh* the righthand thumbstick does nothing whatsoever ingame.
I'm using a Gemeni Industries Recoil Axis Pad (http://www.gemini-usa.com/a5/ModelDetail.asp?CtgID=1377&User=GemGaming&PkgID=370557&Rnd=65) and I've read something about adjusting some of the z axises and stuff in the joysticks config file, but none of it seemed to work very much, but I might not have done it correctly. Ubisoft tech support was the most worthless thing ever. So hopefully someone here can lend a hand. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

St0rm_5had0w
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
use the keyboard and mouse, they are way more accurate and much easier customize.

jrarendar
11-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Ohh, well THAT was helpful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Spartan_M.A.D.
11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, I've never used a gamepad before, so I am making a set of assumptions here.

If a gamepad is anything like a joystick, then it should have a utility to calibrate it. Your computer should have you rotate both analog sticks, set the center, etc.

After that, make sure the joystick (gamepad in this case) is enabled in the options menu of the game.

If your gamepad came w/ any CD utilities, make sure you have everything you need. Hope I was able to help.

jrarendar
11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
While much more helpful than the LAST, guy your still thinking to 'newbish'

If I've tried editing the joysticks config file then trust me, I've already tried calibrating my gamepad, making sure I'm running the latest version of the game and latest version of the gamepad drivers, fiddling with every configuration option in windows control pallel AND the game, already tried using keyboard + mouse combo, and it just aint working for me in this game.
Tech support bassicly said 'Your screwed.' and I find it crazy and LAZY that tons of other games(Including other console ports) that were devoloped and ported by MUCH less prestigious and well funded devolopers/publishers than Ubisoft support this gamepad but SC does not.
The retailer wont refund the game, and I dont blame them. Not their problem. Ubisoft just needs to get off their lazy *** and either make their game with more than the dozen or so gamepads that it supports (Do they own part of Logitech or vice versa or something? Because that seems to be the majority of gamepads and joysticks they support, with a few thrustmasters in there for good measure) or give me a refund or something, because I work in the retail business, and it's pretty friggen disgusting to see them shoving a game on us that simple DOES NOT WORK properly with several gamepads(I know thi problem has come up before, because there are other posts on it in these forums) and then saying 'HAHA! Screw you!' when we ask them for help with it. Very sad indeed.

Zedblade
11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Ubi sucks at support, we know this and theres nothing you can do about it. Maybe you game pad and SC just doens't get along and there is noway to get it to work. Regardless, you need to change your attitude if you want some people to try and help you.

Bionic-Blob
11-11-2005, 04:26 AM
do a search in community help, this sort of thing has come up many a time.