PDA

View Full Version : Creating Squadrons

Woody_418
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi all.

Could someone please let me know where I can find a quick reference for creating squadrons in FB/PF?

Thanks.

-woody

Woody_418
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi all.

Could someone please let me know where I can find a quick reference for creating squadrons in FB/PF?

Thanks.

-woody

Stackhouse25th
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
just do it

Falcon_41
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Woody,

Join a friendly, helpful squadron. Learn how the web master, leaders and members create and use the organization. Then, if you wish to build your own, you will have first-hand knowledge how things work.

Good luck,

:FI:Falcon
Fightin' Irish (http://www.fighting-irish.org)

Deadly_107
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi Woody,

Falcon is giving you very good advice on this one. I would be willing to bet that 90% of the squadron C/O€s in any flight sim community have all started out by becoming a member of someone else€s group before starting their own.

Good Luck!
Deadly
VFA-107 Sea Dragons

OAC_Kosh
01-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll second that, lol.

Col._King
01-19-2006, 04:35 AM
~S~
Woody!
That´s true. For me was the same. I spent a lot of time in other squadrons. (In 1997 I entered an EAW Squadron, and later, when I returned to fly sim after a few years break, I joined another one. Now I´m creating "my own" one.
Please let me know if you are interested, as I´m looking for someone who can collaborate with me. But basically, if you want to create your own squadron, you must have a clear idea of what type of squadron you want. It will be a squadron looking more to the fun side of the thing, or you want a more organized one? It is to be a Military-like squadron, with a more rigid chain of command, or a more relaxed one?
Keep in mind that whatever kind it will be, you will have to write down some basic rules, and make them respected. This will help you a lot to have the things functioning.
To be a good Commanding Officer, you will have to use a lot of common sense. Expecially when a problem inside your unit will arose. If you are good in webmastering, that will help, if not you will need someone of your pilots to run the website of the squadron for you.
And another advice: be open-minded, listen for what your squadron mates have to say, but always remember that You are the one in command. This doesn´t mean you can be a tiran. No way. Give to others some command responsabilities, but make them report to you.
And remember that the greater quality of a great warrior is not his skill with the sword or his power, but his patience.
Try to implement training in your squadron. Tactics, Teamwork. This will help a lot. Look more at the safety of your mates than in bagging kills. This is not only for you, make this a basis of your squadron behavior online. It will make your pilots feels more confortable. If I know that I´m not fighting alone, but a squadron mate is protecting my back, I will feel far more comfortable. This will boost the conficence of your squad members will have on each other, and the morale will be high in consequence.
Another thing: Always remember that everyone have a real life, too. So consider that. Wives, children, job, and a lot of other things may sometimes deserve more attention and dedication than to fly online with your mates in a squadron.
Wise will be to have a place in your forum, restricted to only your squadron, where someone can talk of his or her problems. And to give out a word of friendly comprehension will be important. A right word in the right moment can be of supreme importance. Will make the guy with a problem feel better, will make of the virtual squadron he´s part not only a place he is dividing with other guys, but a place that can become a kind of a second "home".

I wish you a lot of success for you. Whatever your decision.

cheers

Hangman68
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Well said king. As a co founder of a squad thats lasted for 8 years in cfs and is now in il2 you have hit it right on the nail head. my greatist acomplishment was to be one of the fine co's and one of the very few that were also founding memebrs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Woody_418
01-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the information guys.

I thought that there would be a way in IL2 FB/AEP/FP to create the squads online like you can in WB3.

Looks like things are a bit different here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks again.

-woody

Bearcat99
01-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig..... Go to the In Pursuit link.... download that.... and read it. Particularly the chapter on Community and the one after. Very good info.

Woody_418
01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Thank you Sir!

Will download and go over with a fine-toothed comb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<S>

-woody