PDA

View Full Version : SH I

Sgt_Starbuck
08-08-2005, 10:19 AM
When SH I came out it was just okay. Then they put out a 5 meg patch (huge at the time) adding sounds and a ton of goodies making it the best sim until SH III. Just recalling the story.

Sarge

JohnKB1968
08-12-2005, 02:56 AM
Yep, played SHI maybe 1000z. Gato class...

stinkhammer6
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
hunting ports then paid off, but as soon as your fish hit and you were reloading, what ever hunters were left alive came right after you but it was a blast though, best SH in my opinion and the most realistic.

pcisbest
08-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Anyone have some screenshots (or know where I can view some) of SHI? Just curious to see what the game looked like back then.

EFileTahi-A
08-13-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by pcisbest:
Anyone have some screenshots (or know where I can view some) of SHI? Just curious to see what the game looked like back then.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/silenthunter/screenindex.html
http://www.subsim.com/silenthunt.html

The images are too small but it can give an ideia of how the game looked like..

Firedragon1717
08-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by stinkhammer6:
hunting ports then paid off, but as soon as your fish hit and you were reloading, what ever hunters were left alive came right after you but it was a blast though, best SH in my opinion and the most realistic.

Hi just wondering how so is SHI more realistic than say SH3? Could you give me some comparison points, like if anything your post is paying out the ridiculous AI of SHI and while SH3's AI is pretty bad it's still more realistic than SHI since they dont suddenly magically know where you are after a torpedo explodes and you begin to reload.

stinkhammer6
08-13-2005, 10:13 AM
reread what you just said lol

Still dont get it? Ok, the AI in SH was alot smarter than in the current version, ports in that game usually had a channel long and deep enough to basically trap you in most ports, youd see at times ships actually docking or getting underway or about to make way, you had a choice of taking out the hunters and hope you reloaded in time to shoot at the now under way ships trying to leave the port, or take out the juicy stuff and hope you can make it to open water so you can actually dive deep and start evading. Or you just shot at the nearest hunter or the ones that would be the easiest to pursue you then unleashed on the bigger stuff giving you time to get out to the deep end of the pool.

In a few ports there were large docks you can wiggle under and with the right gyro settings you can sling out a few fish at some targets, the hunters couldnt get to you and would eventually do enough damage to themselves trying to get to you and just sink lol.