PDA

View Full Version : MLG Playlist coming to Halo 3 Matchmaking

Prophecy X3
03-13-2008, 08:09 AM
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/200329

Yay! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just in time for me to never play it because I'll be on RSV2 all day every day....

MusicDan
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
OMG wow... I have to admit I wondered if I'd ever see the day. It should certainly make it a lot easier to get games, hopefully without horribly laggy/unplayable host. But I wonder will it be the complete MLG settings (V4 or maybe V5) 110% speed [/i]and[i] damage, finaly a more consistent BR in match making though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

PS: Hopefully we will now see a better mix of objective games/maps, rather than High Ground/Valhalla getting into the mix.

Mischief_FD
03-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Even though I have played at almost every MLG since 2005, I am not 100% for them, their player contracts are horrible, and the brackets for Halo are bordering on fixed. by adding this to their playlist Bungie is only going to feed into the idea that Halo's popularity is due largely to MLG which is hardly the case, while MLG and it's pro Halo players add without a doubt millions of more players they are not what made Halo or Bunige. I am lucky enough to play with a lot of pro's but even as my "friends" a lot of them can really cocky and unprofessional in their attitudes, then you have players like on Final Boss who are always nice and are not known to talk down to someone just because they are not as good, as a player I WELCOME this list no more waiting around for customs to fill, I just hope it doesn't make certain situations worse.

DocHolidazed
03-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mischief_FD:
Even though I have played at almost every MLG since 2005, I am not 100% for them, their player contracts are horrible, and the brackets for Halo are bordering on fixed. by adding this to their playlist Bungie is only going to feed into the idea that Halo's popularity is due largely to MLG which is hardly the case, while MLG and it's pro Halo players add without a doubt millions of more players they are not what made Halo or Bunige. I am lucky enough to play with a lot of pro's but even as my "friends" a lot of them can really cocky and unprofessional in their attitudes, then you have players like on Final Boss who are always nice and are not known to talk down to someone just because they are not as good, as a player I WELCOME this list no more waiting around for customs to fill, I just hope it doesn't make certain situations worse.

It does kinda speak for the fact that Bungie is totally relying on MLG now to keep the title popular. Before it was the other way around. Now, with other realy solid titles rising above, especially in online population(namely COD4), I think bungie realises the importance of how mlg can help keep Halo near the top. They are definately scratching each others backs.

Calyber_FD
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
This is fantastic! It'll be so much easier to practice for the tournament. I've found the MLG changes to maps and gametypes to be kind of screwy, but at least the screwiness will be supported so we can get the most out of matchmaking practice. I can see how this could be better practice than playing customs now.

Do we know when we can expect this update?

Masakuni
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
by adding this to their playlist Bungie is only going to feed into the idea that Halo's popularity is due largely to MLG which is hardly the case,

I see it as the opposite (not because of them adding the playlist), but I do understand what you mean after they decided to add in the playlist.
Halo 2 was their big game, just look at their settings on Halo3. The first thing I thought is that they were trying keep it close to Halo2.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-13-2008, 11:21 PM
It's definitely the opposite -- were it not for Halo, MLG would be nothing and NOT the other way around. MLG players make up a small percentage of those who play Halo. I am sure that there was some money changing hands in order to get this playlist in, and none of if came from Bungie. It wouldn't make sense for Bungie to pay the MLG to allow them the use of the gametypes that Bungie created the ability to make (MLG owns NO copyrights to their style of play/map variants). I bet MLG is paying Bungie up the elbow for this exclusive playlist, not Bungie paying MLG for the use of their logo (because that's what it amounts to). Make no mistake, this will ensure the MLGs survival as a competitive circuit for at least a couple more years... wish we could say the same for WSVG and CPL.

l337pino
03-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by DocHolidazed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mischief_FD:

It does kinda speak for the fact that Bungie is totally relying on MLG now to keep the title popular. Before it was the other way around. Now, with other realy solid titles rising above, especially in online population(namely COD4), I think bungie realises the importance of how mlg can help keep Halo near the top. They are definately scratching each others backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I disagree. I think Bungie's increasing use of weekend hopper gamemodes will sustain interest in Halo 3 for a while.

Prophecy X3
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM

Tis True. (I was talking to you about this very same subject the other day). Playing Halo competitively over the last couple months, I've played most of the pros out there, and the vast majority of them are complete ***holes who think they are god's gift to gaming. I guess that's what happens when you give a bunch of teenagers money without their parents giving them some kind of grounding about what real life is about.

And don't get me started with their "Pro Player Association" contracts. I'll be paying for that **** for the next couple years, no doubt....

Mischief_FD
03-14-2008, 10:33 AM
I disagree. I think Bungie's increasing use of weekend hopper gamemodes will sustain interest in Halo 3 for a while.

Right because the MLG playlists did the same for Halo 1 and 2

DarkShowers
03-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I agree with OtnemeM yet again (he is wise). Halo makes MLG what it is today. Halo is probably the most popular FPS series of the past few years since the first one so MLG is counting on their professional Halo players getting their organization a lot of attention.

As for arrogant pro gamers, a lot of games have them. Not just Halo.

I can't wait for the MLG playlist.

x_DWI_x
03-14-2008, 09:33 PM
MLG = DOOKIE !!!

MusicDan
03-15-2008, 06:14 AM
More details in Bungies weekly update http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13368 , they are already in premeptive fire fighting mode I see. I'm looking forward to it though I'm a little concered how the games will play with bad lag/latency. Because Halo 3 works on predicting where other players will be... the extra speed could increase the situation where people appear to be teleporting all over the place *fingers crossed I guess*. This tends to be more of a problem for non USA players as the host machine more often than not is in the states.

Also details of one of the new maps on Tuesday. As a side note snow camo warthogs and scorpion tanks, so I'm goign to go out on a limb and guess its a remake or reimagining of Sidewinde what with all the previous hints.

So that likely means the Legendary map pack equals, Ghost Town, Sidewinder and Lockout http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

DocHolidazed
03-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Hehe. Keep in mind I did not say that Halo didn't make mlg what it is today.

What my point was, is that Halo is NO LONGER the # 1 game online. Ahem. Those stats everyweek tell the truth. So what does that mean? That means that now, I would say that mlg is no longer the kid who needs help.

Why?

If Halo were to leave mlg today. Guess who's takin' over?

The pros they have could play any fps that's out there. And play it well.

I rest my case.

Valkyrie FD
03-15-2008, 10:17 AM
meh...

mastachief-118
03-15-2008, 10:45 AM
MLG is lame, play the game for what it was originally meant to be played as. There is no reason to limit the good maps out and take out some of the weapons. Glad I don't play much H3 anymore.

DocHolidazed
03-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by mastachief-118:
MLG is lame, play the game for what it was originally meant to be played as. There is no reason to limit the good maps out and take out some of the weapons. Glad I don't play much H3 anymore.

That is so true. For any game really. I can see making rules sets to counter against cheats and glitches. But, going overboard and limiting maps and gametypes is bs. It's as if they are trying to redesign the game. Garbage. I have been watching their site everyday now for a few weeks. The more I watch. The more I'm disspleased with them. They've done alot of things this year that I really don't care for. Everything from cutting out payouts, to slicing game schedules. I must say. It's time for a new gaming org. One that was going in wsvg's direction initially. Almost makes me want to do it. One that would listen to the gamers about what works and what doesn't.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-15-2008, 12:49 PM
What my point was, is that Halo is NO LONGER the # 1 game online. Ahem. Those stats everyweek tell the truth. Speaking of stats, I would just like to point out that it's not that there are more players playing CoD4 than Halo 3, there are only more unique IP addresses tallied for CoD4. There are still more players on Halo 3 -- because there is split screen, which is not taken into account during the statistic gathering. So, to say it is a more popular game is incorrect. It only has more unique Xboxes logging in, not more people. Player-wise (as in, warm bodies), Halo 3 still beats CoD4.

Mischief_FD
03-15-2008, 01:28 PM
EEEEEEEEEE!!!! Ben you are so damn right! not to mention don't you think Xbox might wanna *tweak* the stats since Bungie is now not owned by them?? Xbox can't just be a Halo console anymore they can't afford to be. I would also like to point out sales numbers, and as mentioned in the podcast you can't find a Halo T-shirt at freakin Target, I doubt you will ever find COD4 wear even at Hot Topic, Halo is more then a game it's becoming an icon, do you think if perhaps CGS picked up H3 instead they would be the big dogs? also MLG HAS other shooter, Gears, and Rainbow, but somehow Halo still rules, that's because it's more popular not because MLG has it, also they tried putting major teams like Final Boss on Shadow Run, Shadow Runs Studios is out of business, guess MLG cann't save everyone right?

Bothari_Max
03-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by OtnemeM_IroM:
Speaking of stats, I would just like to point out that it's not that there are more players playing CoD4 than Halo 3, there are only more unique IP addresses tallied for CoD4.

Phew, someone said it. Just to clarify what Ben is saying here:

Top 10 Live Games (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/03/11/live-activity-for-week-of-3-3.aspx)

Linked off that very page is a description of what a UU is:

Thank you, Wikipedia! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_user)

For the lazy among you:

Wikipedia said:

According to IFABC Global Web Standards, a unique user (UU) is "An IP address plus a further identifier. ... Remember, it's just an identifier of a computer, not a person.

Love,

Max

DocHolidazed
03-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Ahhh. So. by that rationale. That would make COD4 even stronger.

You see. Your argument(which has not been statistically proven whatsoever), can stand for each game.

Remember. COD4 has the same *cough* mythical uncounted players playing. COD4 is still selling madly everymonth. The return cycle for H3 is crazy. Go into any GS or GC and look at their used game shelves. What you will see is startling. H3 is covering the used slots and brand new COD4 games are still being purchased.

And please. Don't use Wiki to try and win the debate. What can be tracked is UU's. Regardless of who and where. It tells the truth of popularity for the last 4-5 months straight. The obviously changing of the guard is hard to swallow I'm sure. Just admit it. The power that the game used to have is not there anymore.

And AGAIN. I'd like to reinforce my point that hasn't been touched.

--Halo helped mlg to get big. HAlo is no longer needed to keep it big. The pro player base is so vast now, and online is still brewing even more players. That they could drop halo right now and replace it with COD, RSV, and Gears and still remain as big as they've been.

Bothari_Max
03-15-2008, 05:02 PM
You see. Your argument (which has not been statistically proven whatsoever), can stand for each game.

Absolutely; any game which has online split screen confuses the UU count. Regrettably, CoD4 has no online split screen.

I'll also point out that I am not bitter about CoD4's success. We have a lot to learn from what they've done, and it's a great game. Without competition, laziness ensues and things atrophy.

What I find funny is everyone running around going "LOL BUNGIE MUST BE PISSED THAT HALO 3 ISN'T ON TOP." Get a life. Picking on winners isn't cool, funny, or original. We made a game that we are ridiculously proud of, was critically acclaimed, and which clocks up millions of games played a week. Since when is that a failure?

I am not commenting on the size and popularity of MLG and pro gamers; beyond Alex, I know nothing about them.

Love,

Max

DocHolidazed
03-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bothari_Max:

I'll also point out that I am not bitter about CoD4's success.
What I find funny is everyone running around going "LOL BUNGIE MUST BE PISSED THAT HALO 3 ISN'T ON TOP." Get a life. Picking on winners isn't cool, funny, or original.

I hope you're not talking about me. Where was I picking on Bungie?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

My point is always about the 'so-called' underdog who is actually as good and even better in many ways. Instead of just agreeing with me. The Fb's and g's just come out of the woodwork to bash/lash out in anger imho. How can you not admit it? It's the pure arrogance of those peeps that drives me really. Thinking that past success in sales would make them 'untouchable'. Talk about get a life. Geeesh.

mastachief-118
03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
I don't care who has more people online may it be Halo 3 or COD4. When I get onto Live I go to COD4. Overall it is more fun, easier to find a game, less 5 year olds, and for what I have seen in my own adventures a more mature audience.

I played Halo for Big Team Battle with all my old friends. Trying to get into a game there is like waiting to die. The only problem with COD is finding players that don't suck. When you join a game 50 points down and come out on top with 50 that means you should be playing against more skillfull players.

As for MLG it's a little piss tournament. In my opinion the rules they have are dumb. I can see it kind of balances the game but if you can't take someone down without a BR then you deserve to die. I have an idea for MLG.

1. Make a map that is a box.
2. Start two teams on opposite sides facing each other with BR starting weapon.
3. Leave map empty aside from the players.
4. Start the BR battle.

The games they pick to play at MLG... wow.
Vegas in my opinion was one of the worst things ever. I don't place it much higher than Letdown. Gears of War... not my cup of tea, I know some like it but it never did anything for me. Get some better games or gametypes in there then it might be a quality place to go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Time to go do another Andy MF run.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Ahhh. So. by that rationale. That would make COD4 even stronger.
You must be confused... CoD4 HAS no split-screen, therefore has no "uncounted" players, besides those playing not on live, which Halo3 has as well (and H3 sold more on Xbox 360 than CoD4, despite CoD4 winning in total sales across all platforms). So, no, it doesn't make CoD4 stronger player-count-wise. It makes it weaker. Much weaker. Imagine a home of 4 kids -- all 4 could be playing Halo 3 (counted as 1 UU), or 1 kid could be playing CoD4 (also counted as 1 UU). Now, I wouldn't go as far as Mischief to say that there is an MS conspiracy to not let people know this, it's probably just harder to gather such statistics than it is to just go strictly by UUs.

Doc:
--Halo helped mlg to get big. HAlo is no longer needed to keep it big. The pro player base is so vast now, and online is still brewing even more players. That they could drop halo right now and replace it with COD, RSV, and Gears and still remain as big as they've been. In all seriousness, I doubt this. MLG got exclusive rights to Halo 3. WSVG and CPL have no access to it. What happened to them? The went the way of the Dodo bird -- not necessarily causation, but I would say there is a definite correlation. If MLG didn't have Halo 3, it would eventually do the same thing. The GoW and RSV (and most likely RSV2) team count is a drop in the bucket compared to Halo, and not enough to keep the poorly run circuit on its feet... They just don't generate enough income or competition or interest (just look at the payouts -- they hardly cover hotel expenses!). CoD4, however, IS probably enough to keep it going for a while due to it's popularity online, were they to not have Halo 3. If the payouts are comparable to Halo's, it just may do the trick to generate the income, competition and interest needed to be self-supporting.

DocHolidazed
03-16-2008, 03:41 AM
I <3 bungie fanboyz. They just don't know when to quit. Go down flaming I always say. Gow2 is coming. COD4 is already here and dominating.

Game Over. The top seed/seat is.....

GONE.

Seriously doubting my coments is fair. Not being able to prove me wrong is reality. Just as my not being able to prove it true. The End. What is true. Is that you know Halo has lost it's magic.

MusicDan
03-16-2008, 06:37 AM
I mean no offence to you Doc and yes I addmit I'm biased/a Halo fan (though I'd be quite happy to debate some of changes and design decissions Bungie have made over the course of the serise) but I honestly cannot see how you can take anything that Ben has posted to be a flame. He was polite and backed up all his points with logical explanations.

As for the MLG settings.. I could take of leave some of them but I do 100% agree with most of the weapon changes they made, many of the weapons Bungie put in Halo 3 AR, dual weilds, turrets are massively overpowered and really do not require skill to use.

Honestly I think all of the Halo games had/have good and bad points, the clarity, logic and balance of Halo CE weapon set, Halo 2's introduction of the BR/focus on team work and team shooting (on the downside it also introduced crazy amounts of auto aim and dual weilding). Halo 3 seems to have gone back to needing people to aim again... at least with the BR/Carbine/sniper (which I think was a really good thing). The problems are there are so many weapons and equipment that require little or no skill, a horible spawn system (which often results in enemy players spawning directly behind you or right next to their team mate who you are already fighting with), and a randomisation or the BR's spread, which can make a BR dual bettween players come down to pure luck. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

OtnemeM_IroM
03-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by MusicDan:
I mean no offence to you Doc and yes I addmit i'm a biased/Halo fan (though I'b be more than happy to debate some of change and design decissions Bungie have amde with the serise) but I honestly can not see how you can take anything that Ben has posted to be a flame. He was polite and backed up all his points with logical explanations. TY for noticing... At least i CAN back up my arguments with facts -- Doc, you are resting on ONE fact (namely that CoD4 has the most UUs on Xbox Live, or as you say, "dominating") to assert that because of this, the MLG doesn't need Halo to further its franchise. I say it does, ATM, need Halo 3 -- you only need to look at two facts: the LOW payouts for other games and the LOW turnout in comparison to Halo's. The other games are side attractions, Halo is the main event; the other games are garnish, Halo is the Meat and Potatoes. THAT is what the facts say, as of right now. Now, I'm not saying that couldn't change, but as it stands, that's how things ARE. <span class="ev_code_blue">And you should also notice that this post contains 0% flameage and fanboy-isms, strictly facts and rational arguments.</span>

* Is CoD4 even ON THE PRO CIRCUIT (I can't see right now, mlgprpo.com is down). I see that there is a GameBattles online tourney, but ATM I can't confirm whether or not it is on the Pro Circuit and exactly what the payouts are for it. But, you can rest assured that I will. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Prophecy X3
03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Doc, is there a reason you're flaming otnemem? As he said, he's just listing facts, and you're listing presumptions...

Loganissocool
03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Doc is a mouth breathing ******. Why are you arguing with him?

Brofase
03-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I haven't really read much of this because, honestly, who cares about MLG (besides the people who play in MLG, and who cares about them), but the gist I'm getting here is that Bungie is incredibly bitter that Infinity Ward has made a superior product in every way imaginable.

...Is that what this is all about?

mcmax3000
03-16-2008, 02:29 PM
The Bungie.net article that was linked to had a ticker at the top, which stated:

"2,593,438 Halo 3 Games (Last 24 Hours)"
and
"900,574 Halo 3 Players (Last 24 Hours)"

Regardless of whether it's number 1 or number 2, it's not like the Halo franchise is dying, so I think that Doc's implication that Halo/Bungie needs MLG to keep the game popular is an anti-Halo fanboy opinion in the same vein as these Bungie fanboy opinions that Doc seems to think are all over this thread.

P.S. Despite what the Wikipedia article says, I always figured that the UU count on the Top Xbox Live Game list would be taken by Gamertag, instead of IP Address. If so, that would count some of the people playing Online Split Screen if they are using a separate Gamertag. Just not the people playing under guest accounts.

That's completely a theory on my part though & admittedly, has no factual basis.

DarkShowers
03-16-2008, 03:34 PM
--Halo helped mlg to get big. HAlo is no longer needed to keep it big. The pro player base is so vast now, and online is still brewing even more players. That they could drop halo right now and replace it with COD, RSV, and Gears and still remain as big as they've been.

I'm sorry but I really disagree with you here Doc. As OtnemeM has pointed out, MLG absolutely needs Halo at the moment. The popularity of Halo results in the most attention and money. It may simply be because MLG has shown competitive Halo 2 for so many years, it is very well established and it is getting more popular every day. COD 4 would be practically a newcomer since COD tournaments have never been shown on the same scale as MLG Halo tournies. As such, it would be really hard to suddenly just drop Halo and try to make COD 4 bigger all in one day. There would be many, many upset Halo fans who would immediately boycott MLG.

Maybe in the future, there will be a shooter that can take Halo's spot in MLG but not anytime soon. It is the number one game in MLG and that's a fact.

Also, I do think that Halo fans are known to be very loyal to Halo whereas FPS fans who play COD 4 now are more likely to move on to other games such as RSV 2 or GOW 2. So even if COD 4 is supposedly better then Halo in many ways (which is a matter of opinion), Halo fans will always prefer Halo. So basically, COD 4, at the moment, is at the top of the list but it may not stay there once another big shooter comes out. Of course, then there is OtnemeM's point about uncounted users on every Halo console.

SergeantCarnage
03-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Yes the XBL rankings do count unique users. But because of split screen online play with Halo 3 that does not automatically mean there are many more players playing it online that are not counted. Yes there could be 4 people playing on one IP address that get counted as one person. But chances are sometime in that week, those people are going to be playing at home on their own system and therefore will be counted as a unique address. The only people that are then missing in the count are people that are guests and never play anywhere else, or people that rarely play Halo 3 and might play at someone elses house and then never log in that week at home. So its possible that Halo 3 might not be in the lead after all if all those missing people were counted. Either way...they are both great games and neither franchise is close to being dead. And maybe in a month this could even be a 3 way race with Rainbow 6.

As for the MLG thing. I dont care if MLG is moving Halo or the other way around. I dont play competitively, but I do look foward to the MLG list to add something extra to play on Halo. I prefer COD over Halo most days, but I still think Infinity Ward could learn alot from Bungie
as far as community interaction for their next game.

DocHolidazed
03-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Brofase:
but the gist I'm getting here is that Bungie is incredibly bitter that Infinity Ward has made a superior product in every way imaginable.

...Is that what this is all about?

Pretty much. Watch this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=11&ch=4&sd=1) and even Geoff Keighly talks about this. Made me laugh just the same. It's getting blown out of proportion. So, I have no further comment. I'm the same now. I don't like mlg at all. My vision of them was clouded early on. I have seen the truth about them. Thus, I could give a **** what they do now. Of course the fans are gonna argue it. What ev. Get over it would ya people. The game isn't that great ok.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Brofase:
I haven't really read much of this because, honestly, who cares about MLG (besides the people who play in MLG, and who cares about them), but the gist I'm getting here is that Bungie is incredibly bitter that Infinity Ward has made a superior product in every way imaginable.

...Is that what this is all about? Well, let's ask them... <span class="ev_code_blue">Max? </span><span class="ev_code_purple"> JB? </span>Do you guys cry yourselves to sleep at night knowing that CoD4 has more UUs than Halo 3? Do you have a pillow that you punch or squeeze whenever the rage builds up so much that you need to release it? Does the fact that Halo 3 is the coat-tails upon which the MLG is riding into the cash-laden sunset make you bitter?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Honestly Doc and Brofase... Ad Hominem much? Yes... too much. Try a REAL argument sometime.

x_DWI_x
03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Halo 3 is ok but matchmaking is ruining it IMO !! It always puts me with foreign people even if I pick prefer good connection or prefer language it doesn't matter. Matchmaking is like a dictatorship and should not be used in any games any more and they should go back to the old days where you can pick what game type you want to play and you can pick a host that has good pings so its not laggy.

The thing they should do with Halo 3 and what they should have done with Halo 2 also is make it so anyone can search for anyone's custom games and that would be sooo much better.

Everyone I know has wanted this since Halo 2 !!!

Mischief_FD
03-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Well, let's ask them... Max? JB? Do you guys cry yourselves to sleep at night knowing that CoD4 has more UUs than Halo 3? Do you have a pillow that you punch or squeeze whenever the rage builds up so much that you need to release it? Does the fact that Halo 3 is the coat-tails upon which the MLG is riding into the cash-laden sunset make you bitter?

Honestly Doc and Brofase... Ad Hominem much? Yes... too much. Try a REAL argument sometime.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2339807600_669281267a_o.jpg

Pillow? What COD4 Anger pillow?!?!? please never bring it up again, everytime COD4 is brought up I "trip" down the stairs..... it's only because he loves me, and the Bungie gods hate the COD4 gods so much

Brofase
03-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by OtnemeM_IroM:

Look man, I don't know your nerdy nerderson Latin speak. I talk Amurrikan. And in Amurrika, I am the best arguer I know.

x_DWI_x
03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Nice pillow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Mischief_FD
03-17-2008, 02:38 AM
hey! that's your lucky post! look at the number, must be the WOW

MusicDan
03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
And the Bungie update on one of the new maps is up, and the big snowy level is in fact a remake-ish of Sidewinder called Avalanche. All the details can be read here http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13382 . It sounds like it will be fun, but I'm sad that bungie feel they had to make changes to focus game play on vehicles

JS: Well the first thing that folks will notice is that the rear hallways that connected the bases have been removed. This was mainly due to the fact that people had a tendency to use them over taking vehicles. Being that sidewinder is all about the vehicles traversing this huge snowy plane, having folks mainly fight in a hallway just made the whole experience not as fun.

speaking personaly I never really use them apart from for the odd flag/bomb run. And I dont see why Bungie cant build maps where the core game play elements of the golden tripod (grenades/melee/shooting) are always at least a usable option, even if there not meant to be that maps main focus *sigh*.

Though I have to say Avalanche does look really cool and hopefully it will be lots of fun for social/big team games/not comletely dominated by vehicles.

Now Moonlight Sonata... dont surpose I could tempt JB or Max to let anything slip... come on we all know it's gona be Lockout right? Just please make it a proper remake and dont go putting any mancannons from elbow to BR 3, or weird uneven walls/floors that send grenades bouncing in random directs like Guardian. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif