PDA

View Full Version : DA: Current-Gen Vs. Next-Gen

Ilpav
03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Which version of DA is better?

I played the next-gen version on the PC, but I didn't play the current-gen. I saw some videos of the current-gen version and it is a lot more of a "classic" Splinter Cell. It was actually almost identical in game play to Chaos Theory.

So, which one is better?

Note: Don't vote based on your experience with the game; just base your vote on the game play and story line (not graphics, or problems; basically it's Xbox vs. Xbox 360).

Ilpav
03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Which version of DA is better?

I played the next-gen version on the PC, but I didn't play the current-gen. I saw some videos of the current-gen version and it is a lot more of a "classic" Splinter Cell. It was actually almost identical in game play to Chaos Theory.

So, which one is better?

Note: Don't vote based on your experience with the game; just base your vote on the game play and story line (not graphics, or problems; basically it's Xbox vs. Xbox 360).

scworld
03-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Current-gen

Warrior0fLight
03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just base your vote on the game play and story line (not graphics, or problems) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Since you want it limited to these two items, it makes the choice almost impossible! I liked the gameplay on the 360, but the story line is much better on the Xbox, plus the online coop similar to Chaos Theory.

ERN456
03-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Xbox version is stealthier and it doesnt include any JBA walk around HQ for 25 minute missions which were really boring. I guess the xbox version is better because it was developed by Ubi montreal and not shanghai they should have just let Montreal develop every SC game well im going to buy the xbox version specially for coop and i would like to know if people still play multiplayer because somebody told me that nobody was playing it anymore but there is people playing chaos theory which means anything is possible.

ROLNIK
03-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Current

Splitted_Cell
03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Would somebody mind please telling me what this current gen and next gen thing means? I have no clue. I thought it was all the same and wasn't changed.

Warrior0fLight
03-29-2008, 12:57 PM
The Xbox version can't be the same as the 360 due to the hardware requirements, therefore UBI Montreal coded the Xbox version and stuck with the "Light and Shadow" premise of Splinter Cell.

The 360 version was written by UBI Shanghai and took a completely different direction, moving away from 'all' L&S missions, unfortunately they didn't seem to grasp the concept of 'story-telling' and left a lot of things out that were essential to telling Sam Fisher's story.

stavros_27
03-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I'd love to interview whichever head guy at Shanghai that approved of the story (lack of story compared to current gen), just to see what was going on there at the time. Did they know anything that was going on at Montreal for the current gen version? Surely the 2 departments talk about how to tell the story and what to use in cutscenes...it didn't show on the next gen version even though it blew away the current gen version in every other category.