PDA

View Full Version : Weird Glitch in the Map Ed

generic_sheep
10-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey. I'm making a map in the editor, and i tested it out as a merc. I found one kinda major glitch. Once i shot a grenade, the merc freezes in the spot from where he shot the grenade. The merc wont move, and the mouse wont move. You can still shoot, and shoot nades or flares or whatever you want though. When you shoot though, the aimer slowly jerks upwards from the recoil. So once u empty all ur ammo, ur stuck staring at the cieling or the sky. What the heck is the glitch? But more importantly, how do i prevent it?

Hypersonic916
10-01-2005, 11:35 AM
well i don't know how to help ya there. but i love your map "the store" it is right? that looks awesome. when's it coming out? i'd as mr. mic, zedblade, or some of the people who made oilrig about this problem. that's seriously weird why it does that.

moon-light.ZeR0
10-01-2005, 03:07 PM
i think u mean if u have Campnet Item enabled and there arent any Cams in ure Map than that happens

generic_sheep
10-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Sweet. Yah, not having camnets is probably it. I'll fix that.

(I'll release The Shop beta soon. I've started working on another map to, but I'm not going to spoil anything about that right now.)

Red_1_PA
10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
ive had that problem makeing pier its the cam net i think

Iservealot
10-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Sheep: is that new map that one map that u were telling me about and even gave me an early map ed of?

generic_sheep
10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Iservalot : I dont think so.... I gave you the Map Ed for The Shop. That was the one with all the portal errors, right? As soon as I fix those, I'm giong to release it. But no, this is another map, that no one knows about besides me. *evil laugh* heh, as soon as I have something really impressive to release, I'll release it.

Iservealot
10-02-2005, 02:39 PM
no, Im not talking about the shop. I'm talking about that other map. It kinda looked a warehouse revision, but yet it wasnt. U were asking me questions about Static meshes from Pandora, is that the map that u are tlaking about?

generic_sheep
10-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Ah.. no. That was Argus Lab. Its an amazing PT map, and im converting it. The only problem is, I dont havet the original maker's permission. I cant contact him. I found one of his old websites, and emailed him in my broken french, but he hasnt replied. Hmph, its a shame. Its an amazing map.

MR.Mic
10-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Campnet, hehe. I should use that word.

snakeblitz33
10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
lmfao , mr. mic thats a great avatar animation dude .