PDA

View Full Version : Multi

sktuchifyde
07-19-2007, 07:57 PM
sorry if this has been posted before....

is it for sure that there will be no spy v merc at all....? what im trying to say is...is it possible that the crowd multi is just another game mode??

MKCC14
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
All we know is that the crowd will be in the multiplayer. You never know, maybe it will be SvM with crowds and a twist to it.

SPROGGY
07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by MKCC14:
All we know is that the crowd will be in the multiplayer. You never know, maybe it will be SvM with crowds and a twist to it.

Negative. The game will consist of numerous spies, each of them looking like an average joe/crowd member. The goal is to achieve an objective(s) while trying to sabotage the other players.

sktuchifyde
07-19-2007, 08:33 PM
is that the only game type tho?...and is that confirmed that multi will only be like that?

MKCC14
07-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Im still skeptical about how the multiplayer is going to be, until I see a preview of it. But there will be co-op in the game too. But said to be much different from SCCT's.

sktuchifyde
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
me too...i loved the old multi like every one else but im not giving up on this game at all...if i like it cool...if i dont i guess ill have to wait until the next game.

SPROGGY
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by sktuchifyde:
me too...i loved the old multi like every one else but im not giving up on this game at all...if i like it cool...if i dont i guess ill have to wait until the next game.

Good man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif! Thats exactly the type of attitude we need more of around here.

sCM_redruM
07-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Why is everyone so upset about the direction they're taking?? I don't get it because the people at Ubi, especially Montreal are very, VERY creative people...

And about the multiplayer aspect, if you loved their idea about SvM, why wouldn't you have faith in them to create something even more innovative??

I mean, do you think that with more processing power, 4 years of multiplayer under their belt, that the creative minds behind SvM won't have something even better up their sleeve??

Use your brains for one minute and think about it...Everyone was blown away by them being innovative with the SvM aspect, so do you think they lost all their creativity and now we're gonna have a garbage game??

You people cannot think outside-the-box, nor do you even have the balls to look inside-the-box and realize that these guys aren't idiots...These are the same guys who brought you revolutionary gameplay, now all of a sudden, they can't do it again?? Way to think about things intelligently guys, bravo...

osborne10
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
its good that they are bringing co-op back.im kinda worried about multi though,hope it turns out good.always been a spy vs merc fan. just wish that some new info comes out for multi and single player.like a story trailer with some gameplay.

aniket_nayak
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I have faith in Montreal. The know what they are doing.

Athough I am pretty sure the anti-convictionists wont like this game even if it is revolutionary cause they are all prejudiced.

psyichic
07-24-2007, 05:30 AM
I only have as much faith in an idea as the idea can give me. Montreal being the developer only tells me there will not be as many bugs as the last game and they will not leave it half baked.

But remeber that in the DA era they produced Spy vs. Spy and even though it was developed by oh yonder god-like Montreal the game still could not hold a candle to SvM.

People are trying to dilude themselves and hope for the best. That the game will come out great, will be fun innovative and as great as the original SvM. But people just entirely forget what even made AvM so amazing in the first place. People think it can just be some "cool" game that one can just throw out like any old game. People here seem to forget that at it's core SvM was actually fun because of the huge disparity between the two sides. That is what made it fun not that some specific development studio made it. Now it is SPy vs Spy and it is obvious it will just be lost in the crowd with so many other games.(pun intended)

Oh and BTW SvM was made by Annecy, not Montreal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bully02
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm all for the revamped Cell. After the noobing out of DA. The only thing they can do with Conviction is improve. I just hope they keep in mind some of the game play that made Pandora and CT the greatest Multi-player games EVER(!), in my opinion.
I think the crowd stealth is a really cool idea. I only have two concerns with it. One, isn't that what Assassin's Creed is going to be? I know it's not supposed to have multi-player, but it sounds like the same concept. Two, how realistic will a playable character be in a crowd of NPC's?