PDA

View Full Version : Please help me "fix" Assassinate.

Assassinsyk
06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Yesterday and today I had to do some school stuff so I really didn't have time to play. I decided to use this opportunity to experiment with getting an Assassinate game, which I haven't gotten since the PS3 outage. I spent 4 hours at evening/night and another 5 the next morning/afternoon (europpean time), with no luck. Both Player and Ranked. Got 3/6 at most, and I can't effing understand it (can play wanted with little wait, so no connection problems), nor can I cope.

Please:

If you can play this mode (on a semi-regular basis), write down the time and timezone, player or ranked and approximate wait, here.

If you, like me, can not play this mode, please let UBI hear it and maybe they realize they've sold a bunch of us a faulty product and must take action (patch/distribute for free or discounted to increase player base) and the rest of us can play this amazing mode and get our deserved rank back. The link for filing a ticket is below. Also, say "I" here so any dev reading can see it's not just me.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask/rnv/10

Thank you.

persiateddy95
06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I've been playing Assassinate both Ranked and Player the whole week everyday. Usually during 4pm to 1am GMT I find a match. Can take half an hour sometimes, specially when I have friends who are Unreachable to me so I can't play the same games they are.

sht4brainz
06-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
Yesterday and today I had to do some school stuff so I really didn't have time to play. I decided to use this opportunity to experiment with getting an Assassinate game, which I haven't gotten since the PS3 outage. I spent 4 hours at evening/night and another 5 the next morning/afternoon (europpean time), with no luck. Both Player and Ranked. Got 3/6 at most, and I can't effing understand it (can play wanted with little wait, so no connection problems), nor can I cope.

Please:

If you can play this mode (on a semi-regular basis), write down the time and timezone, player or ranked and approximate wait, here.

If you, like me, can not play this mode, please let UBI hear it and maybe they realize they've sold a bunch of us a faulty product and must take action (patch/distribute for free or discounted to increase player base) and the rest of us can play this amazing mode and get our deserved rank back. The link for filing a ticket is below. Also, say "I" here so any dev reading can see it's not just me.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/ask/rnv/10

Thank you.

Well I just got the davinci DLC yesterday (since someone was gracious enough to let the world know it was half price) and was kinda eager to try assassinate. After a few games, my prediction for this mode held firm: it's garbage. The lock system still remains a complete joke and the mechanics are just awful, not to mention the constant bugging during matches. Maybe that's why you can't find anyone, it's a crap mode.

Assassinsyk
06-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Sht4brainz: please help me keep this thread constructive and don't turn it into another lock-bash. If you got games, I'd be interested in knowing when and how long the wait, not your preference. If it's on half price, that's good info though, maybe the base will increase.

Ted: wondering if this is related to the mystery of us not being able to connect in a private match. Where's Sherlock when we need him.

persiateddy95
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
The less people you can connect to the less matches you'll find. That's why in 16th May I connected to everyone and could find a match in 10 seconds most.

But this is also an ACB issue. The people I can't connect to in ACB I connect perfectly fine in Wipeout HD.

ANTRON77
06-12-2011, 03:57 PM
i had matches ranked from yesterday 12p-4p EST straight. and different lobbies 2. couldnt find any last night.

WIDOMKR383
06-12-2011, 04:24 PM
I as well have not been able to find Assassinate matches, some of it may be due to my lack of patience. I refuse to wait 30 minutes for a game when I can go to wanted 0.0, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 and have a maximum of 5 minutes of wait times.

My life cannot allow 30 minutes or longer to wait for a game, except for the weekends when I have a little more time to be on.

My time zone is GMT -6 U.S. central standard time. When I am on the most is during the week before work 6:20 till about 7:20 am

My plan is to file a support ticket here tonight or tomorrow when I have time at home.

Assassinsyk
06-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Widow: I too thought that it was just "lack of patience" since I couldn't connect in 30 mins (which btw is unacceptable in itself), and usually rage calms down when I can stab in wanted (though rarely DLC 3) instead. But after this experiment and not one match I'm out for vengeance.

Hopefully fixed by ACR, but that's a lifetime away. Getting tired of wanted and want what's mine. Both the mode and my rightful rank.

The unreachable thing Ted talks about is just weird, though probably related. We should try connecting on Private match, we might be excluded from the rest of the base somehow, since we get so many games together.

Assassinsyk
06-15-2011, 01:34 AM
I actually got some matches yesterday at about 2pm gmt! First in months, and of course I run into Nitrox. And with a broken controller, so no L2 and a schizo stick so quite impossible to aim and run.

I thought it was worth mentioning that I changed the default language on PS/ACB back to English, and after this there was a lot more traffic when searching (thanks Persiateddy for the tip!). Also, I got in Player matches, but the game put me in Ranked, which was awesome since I got a new TP high score.

But seriously guys. Thereīs nobody here who either CAN or CANīT play Assassinate? I Find that very unlikely. Iīm begging here, please help me figure this one out.

obliviondoll
06-15-2011, 02:44 AM
I've already posted elsewhere, but 80 - 90% of Assassinate matches I get are unplayably laggy.

They don't ALWAYS lag, but the times at which the games are playable are totally unpredictable and random, and I've been on all over the place time-wise without finding any pattern to the timing and match quality.

And I've got an existing ticket in with Ubisoft Support (I first contacted them about lag issues in March). Nothing seems to be coming of it so far though.

persiateddy95
06-15-2011, 03:10 AM
It was pretty active yesterday night.

There were 2 lobbies going (I had 2 friends in two different ones) and I still managed to get a 6/6 lobby. It was ranked.

I also tried Player once and it put me in a Ranked match.

Assassinsyk
06-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Oblivion: Yeah, noticed this too. NPCs was walking ten metres, then rewinded and did the same thing over and over. It also felt like a lot of lag when assigning targets, like players getting the contract on me when I locked on to them while they were in kill animation. Explain to me how this is possible, since it was a nice magic trick Iīd like to learn.

So sick and tired of Wanted that I didnīt even care, though. And with a broken controller itīs the least of my concerns.

Ted: Good to know, too bad I can only play during the day. I really like that it puts me in Ranked when selecting Player, since itīs really all I play (canīt stand the thought of getting a good score without it counting towards my rank). As long as I get a game, I no longer care.

lynx_1985
06-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Sure I played against you in wanted yesterday Gautist....DLC 2?

.....and god do I need practise in Assassinate!

Assassinsyk
06-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:
Sure I played against you in wanted yesterday Gautist....DLC 2?

.....and god do I need practise in Assassinate!

You absolutely did, and you absolutely rocked! My L2-button is broken and my stick laggy, so I was on smoke bomb only and for some reason seemed to select the Doctor, but you were really good. You rocked mute so hard, and would absolutely have beaten me anyway, just not beaten me to pulp, as it were http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And god do I need practice in Assassinate too. I treat it like itīs Wanted, and get killed over the stupidest of things.