PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week starts today U.S.!



JG27_Arklight
03-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Woohoo!

It has been a LONG journey.

7 days and SHIII will be in our grubby little paws.

zaza-mushi
03-09-2005, 04:40 AM
yep
I am Japanese so if UBI will sent it
on Japan standard time , I can get it faster than you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
But my pc speck is lower than minmum speck to run SH3
So i cant play it lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

JG27_Arklight
03-09-2005, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zaza-mushi:
yep
I am Japanese so if UBI will sent it
on Japan standard time , I can get it faster than you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
But my pc speck is lower than minmum speck to run SH3
So i cant play it lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


The U.S. release date is the 15th.

I believe it is being released in the other countries on the 18th.

I never preorder from UBI because whenever I have, the shipment is always scedualed to arrive after the stores in the area already have it.

It is faster just to go down to my EB and pick it up. They always have it either the same day it is shipped or the next morning. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alarrrmmmm
03-09-2005, 05:13 AM
ive paid for next day delivery from gameplay.co.uk, they are always good for timing, but im in the good old U.K. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Silmar
03-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Don't know how much more I can take, are the days crawling real slow or is it just me? I seem to clicking the refresh button on these forums every hour or so, hoping to see new content...Think Im going mad...

17th here in Australia, although on occasion if they get it earlier they release.

JG27_Arklight
03-09-2005, 05:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silmar:
Don't know how much more I can take, are the days crawling real slow or is it just me? I seem to clicking the refresh button on these forums every hour or so, hoping to see new content...Think Im going mad...

17th here in Australia, although on occasion if they get it earlier they release. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe...

I keep watching the movies over and over and over again.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mashiki_a
03-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I usually never worry about preordering at all. The EB near here(Ontario) is anywhere between the day it comes out to two days after up here. My local Walmart has had titles in two days before the release date.

That is the upside with having major distro warehouses. When EB gets them it's either shipped through EB or through a second supplier like Ingram Micro, which can add a few days.

Sir-Tiedeman
03-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I have never really understood the reason for seperate realese dates.

It`s almost like their ASKING for pirating.



Is there any teknical reason for the US getting most games before the rest of the world?

Mashiki_a
03-09-2005, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir-Tiedeman:

Is there any teknical reason for the US getting most games before the rest of the world? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure. In some places the censors have to approve the game, in others the game has to be shipped since they don't have local pressing houses for the disc's or assembly factories.

Sometimes Europe gets the game before the US, usually if it's a European developer...not always it more-so depends on the whim of the publisher 90% of the time.

JavDog
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
heehee,
I'm with Ark. Tonight is Crimson Tide night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlueSabor
03-09-2005, 11:40 AM
A six pack is in the fridge ready. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
9 days to go.
rgds,
PWH.

Shado2k2
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>six pack is in the fridge ready <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heheh same here, my mate who also a sim nut is gonna come around and well have a boys night in, i'm building his new PC at the moment so it's the only way he can get his fix, plus the missus will be out pampering herself at the health clinic, my friend there took a lot of persuading and I had to pay him a lot of money to swap the face pack mix with some quick drying cement with any luck we should have a trouble free evening http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KiwiVenge
03-09-2005, 03:48 PM
*grumbles*
Apparently we won't get it until the 25th here in New Zealand!
Man, that sucks.

Silmar
03-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Agree with having different release dates for various countries. As soon as people in NZ or other countries see that the US have the game they will become frustrated and start doing various web searches for ISOs.

Very stupid on Ubi behalf, they would be better not releasing anything until all countries are ready to ship.

JG27_Arklight
03-09-2005, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silmar:
Agree with having different release dates for various countries. As soon as people in NZ or other countries see that the US have the game they will become frustrated and start doing various web searches for ISOs.

Very stupid on Ubi behalf, they would be better not releasing anything until all countries are ready to ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


That's a pretty broad based generalization. Just becuase other countires may have to wait a few days doens't mean there will be a mad rush to do dl it illegally. Especially since many of us will be posting pics, videos, etc. non-stop until or pals in the other countries receive their copies.

People that try and dl illegally are going to do so despite having to wait a few extra days.

HeibgesU999
03-09-2005, 05:16 PM
If I wasn't flying Il2/PF every night, I would have gone crazy already.

KiwiVenge
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
having to wait a few extra days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few days! Afew days he says.
How about an entire week!
not only would I DL it for the sake of a week, I would trade my firstborn to save a weeks extra wait ...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sockeye45
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I haven't been waiting as long as some people here for this game, but it's been so long that it almost seems weird when I realise its right around the corner. A happily weird kinda feeling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And I just picked up a DVD-drive today... so I've joined the 21st century finally http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stevenwhiting
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sockeye45:
A happily weird kinda feeling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah its a Christmas Eve everyday kinda feeling.

BobV_07
03-09-2005, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiVenge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
having to wait a few extra days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few days! Afew days he says.
How about an entire week!
not only would I DL it for the sake of a week, I would trade my firstborn to save a weeks extra wait ...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



A whole extra week! Yuck! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I feel for yah.

http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

Willey
03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
2 3 0 0 Cherry!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yog_Shoggoth
03-09-2005, 07:50 PM
The Europeans must be mentaly stabbing us by now...

BobV_07
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yog_Shoggoth:
The Europeans must be mentaly stabbing us by now... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Yeah, they do it all the time. Hehehe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, the 16th is right around the corner for us Yankies here in the states! Yippy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif


http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

Forbidden1
03-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm using the EB store delivery service, so if it's like it was when I used for the release of "Pirates", I should have it in my hands by Tues. 3pm pst. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HansVonLuck21
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
The wait it killing me to. I went to Best Buy today and bought a flight sim just to tide me over untill SH III arrives http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

necrobaron
03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, my local EB has proven to be a bit unreliable in the past and have had games released days after they said they would. With the release on Wednesday, I wouldn't be suprised if I don't get SHIII until Friday or later. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

I think I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

wolfh2o
03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
I better get it on the 16th...can't stand waiting anymore...arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif