PDA

View Full Version : Revelations Editions: Special vs. Collector's vs. Animus

msbggem
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know if as the editions upgrade if the content stays the same?
(my info source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...Revelations#Editions (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Revelations#Editions))

Here it says the special edition gets Ottoman Doctor, but the other two get Ottoman Jester. Also Collector's gets the art book, but it's not listed in the Animus Edition.

I'd hate to have to buy all 3 to get everything, seems a little ridiculous, but I will if I have to.

Riley4142
06-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, because Ubisoft NEVER releases pre-order bonuses to everyone after a few months. That would be crazy.

cavemanIWHAP
06-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Your best bet would be to get the collectors edition to get the art book becasue the other stuff will come on as DLC (except maybe the singleplayer upgrades but who really cares about that) and the encyclopedia will be availabe later from ubiworkshop.

Also there are already loads of threads on this topic so might pay to use the search tool next time

Oatkeeper
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
where is my Altiar statue or something :/

or perhaps a hidden blade brace (minus the blade of course)

SevketErhat
06-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
where is my Altiar statue or something :/

or perhaps a hidden blade brace (minus the blade of course)

I saw at south cyprus an assassins creed with huge Altair figure for Xbox 360 but I never liked the model. Even though I am a collector I skipped it

CRUDFACE
06-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Lmao, even though they'll release the dlc stuff later, I really want the animus addition because I get it now over using MS points, the encyclopedia and box...though I'm a little surprised that I see no kind of figure like Ezio or the harlequin in the box.

RzaRecta357
06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
This sucks. Obviously I want the one that has the single player DLC mission.

But sometimes they really DON'T release the other stuff. For instance...AC2 there was a preorder bonus blackish armor from somewhere. They never released that.

That Turkish assassin gear looks AWESOME it looks like it has a mask or something. If I can't get that eventually i'd be ****ED! Also, the Doctor was my favourite MP character so another reason for me to be ****ED!

Big-Boss_777
06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I wonder if those are only for europe.. as far as im concerned we only have the 'signature edition' in america

Bronx1875
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Who cares if none of it includes In game content its useless
Endless your some type of hardcore nerd who collects that sort of stuff then spend right away.

Biomedical-Fire
06-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
I wonder if those are only for europe.. as far as im concerned we only have the 'signature edition' in america It's because Ubisoft treats N. Americans like pieces of garbage. They're still trying to decide whether or not if they're going to stick with just giving us the Signature Edition or actually do the right thing and give us both the Animus Edition and the Collector's Edition.

As a shareholder, maybe I should start going to the shareholder meetings and raise a stink about N. America getting the raw end of the deal when it comes to Collector's Editions for Assassin's Creed.

LiTos456
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
..All of those collectors editions are SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED. From what I've heard the animus edition is like $134. Honestly, wtf?!
The ACB collectors edition was $105 and was nowhere near as good as the AC2 one for $80 imho. Collectors editions like this shouldn't cost anymroe than $80, 90 tops.
These don't even have any jack in the box or figurines... So what could possibly cost them so much money to produce. These are worth no more than 80 dollars, and if they don't tone the price down I won't be buying it (I haven't bought a collectors' since AC2). Im going to buy the encyclopedia separately, maybe the artbook too, and hopefully get my hands on the SP mission later.

I play on the PC version anyway, and it usually gets delayed, and then Steam gets literally all the pre order bonuses. So I might as well get it from there (even though I want a physical copy). I enjoyed playing ACB with all the bonus content.

beatledude210
06-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
I wonder if those are only for europe.. as far as im concerned we only have the 'signature edition' in america It's because Ubisoft treats N. Americans like pieces of garbage. They're still trying to decide whether or not if they're going to stick with just giving us the Signature Edition or actually do the right thing and give us both the Animus Edition and the Collector's Edition.

As a shareholder, maybe I should start going to the shareholder meetings and raise a stink about N. America getting the raw end of the deal when it comes to Collector's Editions for Assassin's Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, they treat the U.S as if they don't matter at all to their games, and just garbage to be tossed aside, when in reality, Ubisoft gets most of their profit from the U.S, so they should give Europe and The U.S an equal deal, which in this case, both countries should be able to get the Animus edition. You should raise a stink, let them know that they are being unfair and illogical.

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get all editions anywhere.

AdmiralPerry
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
But sometimes they really DON'T release the other stuff. For instance...AC2 there was a preorder bonus blackish armor from somewhere. They never released that.

Actually, I think they did. AC2 has a version available on mobile phones--when you purchase that game, and access it for the first time, you get a one-time use code to download an extra skin. When you input the code in the game, it unlocks the skin or whatever in the Tailor's shop. So it's actually a dye, I think...

intelligenza1
06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
If you're American, it doesn't matter. We get cheated out of the Animus/Collector's. We only get special/signature edition.

Stowdace
06-20-2011, 01:36 AM
I preordered from Gamestop a few days ago and they said that I would get the content from both the Special and Signature Editions (Ottoman Doctor, Ottoman Jester, Crusader, Vlad the Impaler mission, ect.). Of course, that depends if in-game content is all you want and I'm sure if one were to miss the deadline it would release in a DLC package.

RzaRecta357
06-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
I preordered from Gamestop a few days ago and they said that I would get the content from both the Special and Signature Editions (Ottoman Doctor, Ottoman Jester, Crusader, Vlad the Impaler mission, ect.). Of course, that depends if in-game content is all you want and I'm sure if one were to miss the deadline it would release in a DLC package.

Guess I gotta go to EB and ask then too.

Biomedical-Fire
06-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
I preordered from Gamestop a few days ago and they said that I would get the content from both the Special and Signature Editions (Ottoman Doctor, Ottoman Jester, Crusader, Vlad the Impaler mission, ect.). Of course, that depends if in-game content is all you want and I'm sure if one were to miss the deadline it would release in a DLC package. Looks like Ubisoft is punishing us for speaking our minds in asking them in doing the right thing and give us the same opportunity to be able to purchase the Animus and Collector's Edition like those in the EU. As a shareholder this really has me steamed! I'm starting to lose faith in Screwbi...err Ubisoft!

glenneey
06-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LiTos456:
..All of those collectors editions are SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED. From what I've heard the animus edition is like $134. Honestly, wtf?!
The ACB collectors edition was $105 and was nowhere near as good as the AC2 one for $80 imho. Collectors editions like this shouldn't cost anymroe than $80, 90 tops.
These don't even have any jack in the box or figurines... So what could possibly cost them so much money to produce. These are worth no more than 80 dollars, and if they don't tone the price down I won't be buying it (I haven't bought a collectors' since AC2). Im going to buy the encyclopedia separately, maybe the artbook too, and hopefully get my hands on the SP mission later.

I play on the PC version anyway, and it usually gets delayed, and then Steam gets literally all the pre order bonuses. So I might as well get it from there (even though I want a physical copy). I enjoyed playing ACB with all the bonus content.
If you think it's to expensive, don't buy it.
The special ingame things will become DLC anyways, only thing you'll miss are the objects you get with them.
Oh and btw the C.E for AC:B in holland costs 90, thats $128,70.

fossa1991
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
ummm correct me if i am wrong but i believe they didin't release the harlequin and the officer outside of the collector's edition did they??? maybe as a gamestop pre-order or???

Kramerisgamer
06-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Getting the Da vinci dlc gets you all of the downloadable single and mulitplayer bonuses. A lot of people were upset.

dchil279
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Kramerisgamer:
Getting the Da vinci dlc gets you all of the downloadable single and mulitplayer bonuses. A lot of people were upset.

I don't see why because you still had to pay money either way

dchil279
06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by fossa1991:
ummm correct me if i am wrong but i believe they didin't release the harlequin and the officer outside of the collector's edition did they??? maybe as a gamestop pre-order or???

correct

rileypoole1234
06-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Whatever. The only think that peaks my interest is the Turkish Assassin outfit but it'll most likely be a DLC.

SleezeRocker
06-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol this probably not really contributing to the thread, but I just laugh at a comment in regards to preordering ACR at the NA Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/assassins-creed-revelations-signature-edition/91020):

PRE-ORDER
Posted on:
6/18/11

*blank* Location: *blank* (info can be in the site but won't say on here)
(also minor grammar edit)

This is going to be amazing, but im not sure I will be getting the Signature Edition because when I went to preorder, I said AC Revelations not AC Revelations siganture Edition. Please Help me and GET THIS GAME!

To my understanding, he rather rather get the plain game for 60$...than get all the extra content for free :P

Also in the page, there is guy's recent post saying it's the "Last" AC game lol

Finally, the last game to an amazing game series
Posted on:
6/19/11

*blank* Location: *blank*
this game is a Must-Buy because its the last one. THE LAST ONE AND THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME TO CHARISH!

*I couldn't help but to LOL at that comment ^

L.Cie
06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by LiTos456:

That's not expensive at all. It's rather average, really, compared to other CEs like Killzone 3's Helghast edition (I dislike the game, but will use it as an example), which has a 1:1 scale helmet but cost $250. It must not have sold well though seeing as the price has dropped 35%.

The CE price is only a fraction higher than the retail game without any extras. In my country, PS3 and 360 games are $120, with PC just a little cheaper at $100. AC2's CEs were $130 and $150 (and I got both, using one to trade towards the other) and Brotherhood's Auditore and Codex editions were $135 and $150 respectively.
Animus edition is a very good price compared to these, at $140.

Just to keep the prices clear, my country's dollar is currently sitting at 1.0588 US cents, which makes $120 just over $127 USD.
All in all, I think they're not that expensive, usually being just 10%-20% higher than the normal game. It's the same for most EU countries, as well, if memory serves.

daniel_gervide
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by beatledude210:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:

As a shareholder, maybe I should start going to the shareholder meetings and raise a stink about N. America getting the raw end of the deal when it comes to Collector's Editions for Assassin's Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, they treat the U.S as if they don't matter at all to their games, and just garbage to be tossed aside, when in reality, Ubisoft gets most of their profit from the U.S, so they should give Europe and The U.S an equal deal, which in this case, both countries should be able to get the Animus edition. You should raise a stink, let them know that they are being unfair and illogical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U.S is really garbage... Boston's Tea? American Submarine attacked by German? Just bull****s -.-''

Black_Widow9
06-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Please check here for information regarding Editions.
Official Assassin's Creed Revelations Editions Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7451033239)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>