PDA

View Full Version : I tried Multiplayer last night

JinjaBeard
11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
What a blast!

When I first got the game last week, my friend came over who had bought a beginner guitar years ago but _never_ touched it. I walked him through satisfaction and the basics of hand positioning, etc. he went and bought Rocksmith the next day and has been playing for about 5 days now. Last night he came over with his guitar and cable.

multiplayer experience:
When you first plug a second guitar in and select multiplayer it asks what Playstation profile you want to use (nice!) and for them to enter their playstation ID..this leads me to believe that any progress a player makes while in multiplayer and using their ID will transfer back to their home system via the Playstation Network, which would be great! Unfortunately, my friend couldn't remember his password, so I don't know. heh. we ended up skipping the login part.

I'm in the more advanced stage of playing, he's a beginner. We plugged him in, went to multiplayer, chose his layout (standard) and difficult (easy), while i maintained my inverted and hard selections.

We pick a song I've already done and bam; he's getting the beginner notes and I'm getting my full chart. wuhoo! Presumably, if we had logged him into Playstation Network he would get whatever chart he gets at home.(??).

As for sound, it puts the 1st player in the left speaker/channel, and the 2nd player in the right channel, so you get a nice separation (on a stereo setup at least).
It was really very enjoyable.

After that we tried a song neither of us had played and we started out with the exact same notes but level up independantly as expected. awesome. My scores were logged and were permanent.

limitations: I don't think you can do events. someone correct me if i'm wrong- we didn't try.
You also can't play riff repeater in multiplayer mode, and you can't do a technique challenge.

I'm not sure if you can do the guitarcade games...it slipped my mind to try it. it would really make sense to be able to, but i have no idea. maybe someone else can comment on that.

but overall, a very enjoyable experience, even at totally disparate skill! It was actually a good learning experience for my friend I think, because as we played songs I could see where he was struggling and offer him tips; like proper chord shapes, picking strategies, etc..

one small issue we found was that sometimes the second player would get kicked out and we'd have to go back to multiplayer and re-sign in. i'm not sure what would trigger it. it happened a couple times in 3 hours. a little annoying but nothing major.

Overall, well worth the price of a $30 cable. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Funk-n-Stein
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JinjaBeard:

What a blast!

Overall, well worth the price of a $30 cable. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cool - thanks for the info. I got the extra cable, but haven't played multiplayer yet.

How does the part selection work (single-note, combo, chords?) Can you both choose the same part if you want to?

JinjaBeard
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Funk-n-Stein:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JinjaBeard:

What a blast!

Cool - thanks for the info. I got the extra cable, but haven't played multiplayer yet.

How does the part selection work (single-note, combo, chords?) Can you both choose the same part if you want to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, you can choose any part you want to play, same or different as the other person.

KilaRoach
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JinjaBeard:
What a blast!

. . .

multiplayer experience:
When you first plug a second guitar in and select multiplayer it asks what Playstation profile you want to use (nice!) and for them to enter their playstation ID..this leads me to believe that any progress a player makes while in multiplayer and using their ID will transfer back to their home system via the Playstation Network,

. . .

We pick a song I've already done and bam; he's getting the beginner notes and I'm getting my full chart. wuhoo! Presumably, if we had logged him into Playstation Network he would get whatever chart he gets at home.(??).

. . .

I don't think the memory saves are gonna work that way over the network,. This would require a "cloud" system which Playstation3 and XBOX do not currently have. (XBOX LIVE is claiming to have this soon). But it does save the progress to the active profile on the local hard drive.

Multiplayer IS great fun and well worth the extra $30.00 for the second cable.

JinjaBeard
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by KilaRoach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JinjaBeard:
What a blast!

. . .

multiplayer experience:
When you first plug a second guitar in and select multiplayer it asks what Playstation profile you want to use (nice!) and for them to enter their playstation ID..this leads me to believe that any progress a player makes while in multiplayer and using their ID will transfer back to their home system via the Playstation Network,

. . .

. . .

I don't think the memory saves are gonna work that way over the network,. This would require a "cloud" system which Playstation3 and XBOX do not currently have. (XBOX LIVE is claiming to have this soon). But it does save the progress to the active profile on the local hard drive.

Multiplayer IS great fun and well worth the extra $30.00 for the second cable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Kila. It'd be nice to save over the PSN/Xbox networks, but even just saving to other profiles on the local system is good with me.

Pancho X1
11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
QUOTE]

Thanks Kila. It'd be nice to save over the PSN/Xbox networks, but even just saving to other profiles on the local system is good with me.[/QUOTE]

not sure if you can do this on a PS3 but if you are visiting a friends house, you can load your Xbox profile and rocksmith game save on a usb. plug it in, select that as your memory source and all the saving will be updated. When you get back home, simply transfer it back to your hard drive.

RedHotFuzz
11-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Sounds like an awesome amount of fun. I gotta get my boy a Squire Mini so we can start playing together.

praecantrix
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
are game stores carrying the extra cable? a lot of stores around here aren't even carrying the game anymore :S

JinjaBeard
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by praecantrix:
are game stores carrying the extra cable? a lot of stores around here aren't even carrying the game anymore :S

ebgames and gamestop definitely are

Funk-n-Stein
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by praecantrix:

I got my extra cable at best buy, but that was on the launch day.

mycool 360
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by KilaRoach:

Multiplayer IS great fun and well worth the extra $30.00 for the second cable.

Actually, the PS3 has had cloud saves for quite some time now, but only for PlayStation Plus subscribers. I signed up for PS+ for this reason alone after losing ALL my data when my original PS3 died last year. I love being able to access my saves from my friends' & family's PS3s. I must say that I enjoy many other PS+ benefits too.

felipeannanni
07-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Hello guys!
First, I`m from Brazil, sorry if I write something wrong.
I can see you`re all having a great time with multiplayer, but I`m having a problem that the Ubisoft Support couldn't solve.
Please, see if you can help me:
I have Rocksmith on Xbox 360, 2 real tone cables and one guitar. I play single-player without any problem at all: the game recognizes every note correctly and amplifies the guitar sound, like expected.
But my friend came by with his guitar and we tried multiplayer. The problem is that on multiplayer only his guitar's input was being amplified. I couldn`t hear my guitar when playing multiplayer, only his, even though the game was recognizing the notes I was playing and increasing the score.
Does this happened to any of you? I wanna play multiplayer, but it`s horrible to play like this =/ really frustrating.
I don`t know if it`s an error or this is really how it is supposed to play. I guess it`s the first option, otherwise it would suck.
We tried swiching cables and guitars, but every time the same thing happened. Also, on single-player, his guitar worked just like mine, without any problem.
Sorry for the big block of text, I already tried sending 3 tickets to support and they don`t answer anything related to my problem.

Thanks!

Funk-n-Stein
07-01-2012, 02:38 AM
please see my response in the other thread. Hope it helps!

Typhoon7M
07-01-2012, 03:13 AM
one small issue we found was that sometimes the second player would get kicked out and we'd have to go back to multiplayer and re-sign in. i'm not sure what would trigger it. it happened a couple times in 3 hours. a little annoying but nothing major

Had this happen a few times too, and I'm convinced it's due to a bad/inconsistent interface and pilot error. Just be sure not to select "quit" in multplayer.

ZumaRocks
07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
On the PS/3 you can use a USB flash drive to move your profile between machines.

Snake3169
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Playstation Network has Cloud Saving already.. so that is possible yeah but I believe cloud saving is only available to playstation plus subscribers. Xbox 360 will be getting cloud saving soon for its gold members.