PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex Shipping SH 4 in USA, Please Help with Question

decoysbyras
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
I've ordered SH 4 and note that it is being shipped Fed Ex. If not home (I am on an assignment to another State) what does Fed Ex do if they don't find anyone at home?? I contacted Ubi com and they will not hold game. So will it be returned to Ubi com if I am not at home to receive game? I live in a rural area, the town near me is less than 7,000 people so there is not a Fed Ex store, but maybe a drop off for Fed Ex shipping? Thanks to all in advance. I've only had items come to me via US mail or UPS

decoysbyras
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
I've ordered SH 4 and note that it is being shipped Fed Ex. If not home (I am on an assignment to another State) what does Fed Ex do if they don't find anyone at home?? I contacted Ubi com and they will not hold game. So will it be returned to Ubi com if I am not at home to receive game? I live in a rural area, the town near me is less than 7,000 people so there is not a Fed Ex store, but maybe a drop off for Fed Ex shipping? Thanks to all in advance. I've only had items come to me via US mail or UPS

Realjambo
02-22-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm in the UK decoysbyras and used to work for UPS - I would have thought they'd try to leave it with a neighbour and drop a card through your door saying "We've left your package with #8 next door' or they'll at the least drop a card saying they tried to deliver. It will have contact numbers on it which you can phone to arrange another delivery attempt - perhaps you could advise them you might be out and to leave it with an appointed neighbour if there is no answer from you address on the second delivery attempt.

This must happen all the time, especially with residential deliveries. I'm sure you'll sort it out second time round if they don't try to leave it with a neighbour first time round.

At the end of the day, all the delivery driver wants to do is get a signature for the delivery and get on his way again to the next drop, so he'll probably try the houses surrounding you before giving up.

EDIT: See if Ubi will give you a shipping tracking number for your package- that way you can speak to Fed Ex and they should be able to tell exactly where the package is at any given time, even after a failed delivery attempt.