PDA

View Full Version : best creature?

Triv18
07-01-2006, 04:44 AM
hi i just got the game can't play it yet because i need a better grahics card but i was just wondering what the best creature was? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Oakwarrior
07-01-2006, 05:04 AM
Phoenix. Just IMHO.
Or maybe the Black Dragon... maybe.. just maybe.

Lord-Ralphus
07-01-2006, 07:50 AM
the best are:
summoned phoenix (almost indestructible)
black dragon

Vincenzo731
07-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I think the best creature is the Paladin, thanks to the jousting ability they are nearly as strong as a lev 7 unit, but their growth is higher and they are cheaper. I feel like cheating when using them.. they are a bit overpowered in my opinion.

Oakwarrior
07-01-2006, 08:36 AM
almost indestructible

Nope.

Paladin

Lots of counters. It feels like cheating against AI, but against another human (with skills) they are just level 6 units http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tadaeusas
07-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Oakwarrior:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">almost indestructible

Nope.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u missed little world almost

dn_1975
07-01-2006, 09:11 AM
i reckon when you get a lot of vampires.
Treeants, ancient treants, deep hydras are close but nothing will beat 500 vamps (the life stealing and regenation of them will kill everything)

Go spike and angel or if you want to go old school go dracula

KingAlamar
07-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Does best == toughest [most damage, defense, best specials]?

Or does best == coolest [the ones you love to boss around].

On my cool meter the Infernal Succubus, Master Griffin, and Master Gremlin rank fairly high.

On my "unfairly tough" meter I'd have to say Summoned Phoenix, Summoned Elementals, and skeletal hoards [necromancy + skeletons] are very high.

Oakwarrior
07-01-2006, 10:38 AM
almost

That's because it's not "almost" indestructible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
IMHO that is.

Vincenzo731
07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">almost indestructible

Nope.

Paladin

Lots of counters. It feels like cheating against AI, but against another human (with skills) they are just level 6 units http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not true, I play a lot of multiplayer (as long as the game permits it..) and I can assure you that they are overpowering even in MP, they can move among the first units in combat and if you have an hero with the tactics skill they can do all the battlefield in 1 move, killing a stack of lev 7 units thanks to the unbalanced jousting ability, before anything can stop them.

king.com_565
07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Coolest- Pit Lords http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Best-Succubus Mistress, their attack is the most frustrating in the game. 100 of them can close to kill the AI army by themselves! Now if you can every get them to say 200 and +attack spells on them they can kill a large load of lvl 7 baddies

MaDcRaZy2KS
07-02-2006, 12:10 AM
paladins are not overpowered at all, yes, even with Klaus. I say ancient treants would be the easiest counter not to mention many others.

MagesOverAngels
07-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Banish destroys summon phoenixs,
Black Dragons are too slow initiative.
After joosting attk Paladins are not tat gd.
Vampires have super low hp, easy 2 destroy a large stack with higher tier units.
Ancient treants low init.

No best creatures, is how u play ur heroes and armies.

But i kinda like Green dragon... high initiative and decent dmg too.

Vicheron
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Paladins get a 10% bonus to damage for every square they move. Even after their initial joust, they can move at least one or two squares in their subsequent attacks, which means they€ll do at least as much damage as Wraiths.

Klaus€s bonus to the jousting ability is insane. Under the command of level 10 Klaus, a Paladin can do as much damage as an Angel if they move 4 squares, they can do as much damage as a Black Dragon if they move 7 squares, and that€s with the attack difference taken into consideration. Even if you split your Paladins into multiple stacks, they€re still going to be able to kill most creatures in one joust if Klaus commands them.

a_gnome_too_far
07-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Coolest creatures in my book are blood fury (for sheer havok) and master gremlin (cause they repair stuff which is a terrific ability). I also love titans because they look and sound awesome and you get some great camera angles with them.

Nastiest are black and green dragons (for different reasons). Phoenix is obviously nasty too but is rarer in appearance.

MagesOverAngels
07-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Many might see Cavaliers/paladins as dirty cuz of their initial dmg when they 1st strike with joosting attk.
Haven race is rather gd due to itz eZ start in multiplayer games. Itz too easy to fend of nearby neutrals with their excellent lower tier units (esp. archers) hence contributing to upgrading their towns faster and making paladins appear AsAp.
Pros of Paladins - joosting & high def, decent dmg.
Cons - cant think of any, maybe it does not have the X-factor after it charges down the field.
Yep itz a waste tat an excellent tier 6 unit be wasted in the crappiest of the 6 races in H5.
Light magic spells like righteous might & divine str makes the paladins even more deadly.
I'd say itz a rather spell dependent unit.

dn_1975
07-04-2006, 05:52 AM
i reckon the best creature by far is either the doom reaper or the death knight. The death reaper has so many advangages
the death knight is better then any pally because the are tougher and can move more.

my best hero so far is markeel. (i would vote for sandro but hes gone)
btw i named a dog sandro (rotti x) he can be a handful but overall he is a great asset.

the undead (or as they like to be called the living impaired) is the best facton because there dont need many resources and necromancy skill tops up the numbers. I am doing a necro campigion again and i have topped over 3000 skeletons and they kick any other faction.

I want sandro the hero back with markeel skills back and then we will see some elves and life factions get really annoyed and scared.

may you rest in peace

Oakwarrior
07-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Cons

Get owned when there are rocks on the battlefield.

Vincenzo731
07-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Vicheron:
Paladins get a 10% bonus to damage for every square they move. Even after their initial joust, they can move at least one or two squares in their subsequent attacks, which means they€ll do at least as much damage as Wraiths.

Klaus€s bonus to the jousting ability is insane. Under the command of level 10 Klaus, a Paladin can do as much damage as an Angel if they move 4 squares, they can do as much damage as a Black Dragon if they move 7 squares, and that€s with the attack difference taken into consideration. Even if you split your Paladins into multiple stacks, they€re still going to be able to kill most creatures in one joust if Klaus commands them.

It's nice to see that someone other than me is experienced enough to understand how overpowered the paladins can be if you use them in the right way. I stopped playing with the Haven town becasue it felt like cheating having lev 6 creatures that are as strong as a lev 7 ones.

Oakwarrior
07-04-2006, 07:40 AM
experienced enough to understand how overpowered the paladins can be

I'm telling you, they have plenty of counters...
Otherwise, yeah they're the most powerful level 6 unit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Melechblue88
07-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I believe that every town is equal in comparison

Look at it this way, the paladin is a strong 6th level creature because Haven's 7th lvl creature, the Angel/ArchAngel isn't as powerful compared to other towns 7th lvl creatures, its all balanced and comes down to the player.

Vicheron
07-04-2006, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">experienced enough to understand how overpowered the paladins can be

I'm telling you, they have plenty of counters...
Otherwise, yeah they're the most powerful level 6 unit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Under the command of a normal Haven hero, Paladins are easy to counter after their initial charge. With Klaus, you're screwed.

With Klaus as your hero, you split your Paladins into two or three stacks. You have two stacks of Archangels resurrect and two stacks of Inquisitors cast buffs. If you get access to a Sylvan town, you fill that last spot with Sprites for Cleansing. If you get access to an Academy town, you get rid of one of the Inquisitors and fill the last two stacks with Archmages for Cleansing and casting Righteous Might. Klaus should get at least these skills:

Expert Counterstrike - Retaliatory Strike, Benediction, Expert Trainer

Advanced Attack - Tactics, Retribution

Advanced Leadership - Divine Guidance, Aura of Swiftness

Expert Light Magic - Master of Wrath, Master of Blessings

Expert Attack gives 10% bonus damage, Retribution gives 5% bonus damage for every point of morale so with 2 morale from Leadership, and not counting the morale bonus from having all creatures of the same faction, you get another 10% bonus damage.

With Expert Light Magic, Haste makes Paladins as fast as Blood Furies and with Cleansing, you'll be much less vulnerable to spells like Confusion, Blind, Frenzy, and Puppet Master.

finkellll
07-04-2006, 02:22 PM
i think that with a decent leveled ranger, the ancient treants are extremly powerful, they have almost 200 hp, and with a good leveld ranger, they have 40+ defense, and you get 5 per week...

iwinbutton
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Pitlords are most definitly badass. (Appearance wise, spellwise). I mean common, they obliterate their enemies with an awsome looking weapon, fry them with fireballs, or squish them under meteor showers. Total badass! The only thing that comes close IMO are Academy's sexy giants. I mean common, every time that thing points it finger at one of your units, it's a definite "Oh **** feeling" regardless of the damage it will do.

As for actual stat-per-monster it is Phoenix.

Actual best unit overall? IMO the units are to heavily specialized for a certain circumstance to be called best. Some units shine with teleport assault (Teleport a Deep Hydra in the middle of enemy ranged stacks. Couple that with Luck. Watch big pretty numbers pop and imagine the look on your opponent's face.) Paladins, as listed, do insane damage. Dark Riders can obliterate stacks reliant on high defense for survival. Altough the way the game is going right now, basically high initiative + high speed + high damage + high luck + sexy spell buff = unimaginable pain.

salem1
07-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Practically and imbalanced wise the Master Hunters are just )¤!)(!%!=%¤!¤!?!!!!

SWOOP! SWOOP! bye bye 36 Shadow Matriarchs! oh ****, theyre enchanted with righteous might... oh ****, they got lucky, oh ****, their morale is good, oh ****, they resisted my empowered lightning bolt. Thats how I usually deal with them...

dn_1975
07-15-2006, 04:33 PM
in my opinion the best creature in the game is either vampire (nicaholi verison) or skeletons

i would of said any undead creature but the zombies need a boost like make them spellcaster or something else

Drunkg
07-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by MaDcRaZy2KS:
paladins are not overpowered at all, yes, even with Klaus. I say ancient treants would be the easiest counter not to mention many others.
You are completly wrong my friend. Try to do alittle calculation, about who wins, 100 paladins VS 100 ancient treants. Do the calculation assuming the hero with paladin has tactics and can get the treants in the first turn. Assume that the hero with the paladin isn't klaus.

Hint: The paladins will kick their wooden *** easily.

Elrath.com
07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
paladins are my favourite unit. i like to use them with that hero that gives them a jousting bonus. it's so fun to blow away a stack of really tough creatures in 1 hit on their first go. very devestating creatures.

temkham
08-08-2006, 02:41 AM
i think the best creature is dead night they have 30 percent or something like that to kill half of the stack i played on haven mistics vale and i enter a batle with 50 paladins, the dead nihgt killed 25 ,half http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Dendroid_Arch
08-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Well, Pit lords are terrible to fight against, so I think they are pretty strong. Though if you compare the level/power ratio, I would say the druid elder is damn strong as well.In spell power as in melee.

Wermo2006
08-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Ignoring the Phoenix I must say that Titans are definitely stronger than most Lev 7 monsters. They can call lightning all the time so you can't simply put a single imp against them and expect them to stop flinging you with bolts. All the other level 7 monsters have to get beside you to kill you.

Izzachar
08-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Cerberus for end game fights
- High initiative
- Can attack three creatures in one hit (often happens if you have tactics)
- With luck and or hellfire its devastating.

Con
- Low HP. So what you allready used them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And about tactics vs paladins.

Nightmares and cerberus can with some luck box them in before they even have a chance of doing anything
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

WarlockSoL
08-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Skeleton Archers on a Necromancer who has Raise Skeleton Archers, Eternal Servitude, Expert Necromancy, the Raise Dead spell, and hopefully some other bonuses like Pillars of Bone, etc. You can amass so many of those suckers that it gets insane (stacks of like 3k+)

tadaeusas
08-08-2006, 03:10 PM
summoned pheonix with magic protection http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Zikane
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Going to pick a couple here;

Imp. Gryphon. That battle dive or whatever has ruined my day more times than I can count when I attack neutral stacks. Got the mod which increases their size, and by doubling their damage and making them invul. for a round or two, it throws my plan way off.

Elder Druids-- I've thankfully never seen a huge mass of archers led my our favorite Hero, but Druids don't even need a build-up. Strong buffs or a *#&@ing painful lightning bolt ruins the day.

Deep Hydra-- First great tanking unit the Dark Elves get, combined with regen and decent, six-shot damage. Nice!

Titan. Because it's sexy. And (needs to do more) damage.

Lich's. AoE? High damage? Perfect to compliment the one-target-wonder archers, as they fire behind your more durable minions.

Succubus Mistress- Ping-pong, anyone?

Da_venom
08-09-2006, 07:32 AM
you all are fools there isn't a "best" creature..
you should know...Quantity does matter!

and in this case I would say skeleton archers cheap fast oroduced and if you have other factions u can morph then into skeletons too
and there hardly is an army that can beat 3k+ archers..

due to their high iniative

but then again it's all depended on the unit sizes and most of all who hit's first
I would say any unit could be best so long it has the proper quantity

Wermo2006
08-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Well said. When I had HOMM3 (before trading it in because I was peeved at the disappearance of 3DO and their lack of support for XP) I made a spreadsheet which included all the monster stats and quantities. You then picked how many of two monsters which would fight each other to the death and then the simulation would go through each round displaying current troop totals and the damage caused by the monsters.

Yes it was interesting and I still have it to this day. Could 50000 Peasants kill 30 Black Dragons? Even with the first strike every round that the Black Dragons would get because of their much higher speed stat? I was going to try for a broader simulation which would have been a chess board if you will with a grid like what is used now in Heroes V but it went along the wayside when I was unable to (at the time) get online and share my spreadsheet with people. Heck I even had the Azure Dragons in there with their stats. I wanted to get a true percentage chance for Blind by Unicorns and such too and would even have incorporated Hero skills like Attack and Defense into the equations. And Morale and Luck too, though Morale does an entirely different thing in that game than in this one.

It's not that hard when you look into it.

HOMM3 was my favourite in the series because you could have multiple Dungeons with the portal building and then you only flag a red Dragon dwelling and then get not only the bonus +1 to the per week growth but you also had an extra +1 in the portal for each and every one of your towns. I created a pvp map where each player started with 1 dungeon but two neutral ones were nearby and a single red dragon dwelling for each one and then numerous pages through a large labyrinth stuffed with resources and gobs of Minotaurs protecting the caches but otherwise alowing mostly free travel to any of the players. So essentially you had to protect your area against others by having a strong captain at home and a strong away captain too to take over the competition. It was a great map but it's gone too.

Oh my, off topic I went there eh?

Red_orbiT_
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Umm... just a little of topic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

The best creature is the Hero! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That's not a creature? Oh schmukk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Sloanzilla
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Wait, so the summoned Phoenix thing isn't a bug?
I logged on here looking for a patch. I was playing the campaign and having some slight trouble. Then I got the summoned phoenix and it's too easy.

xelse
08-10-2006, 12:16 AM
i just had a thought, treants could be decent against paladins. after the initial charge, they get struck with entangling roots. bye bye jousting bonus for the rest of the fight. course they still take quite a big hit at the beginning. i'm not sure exactly who would win since treants do have 181 hp... then again knights do have 20-30 dmg and treants have 10-20. i'd like to see it happen myself (100 paladins vs 100 ancient treants)

unreal_az
08-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Xelse if those paladins are on Klaus and they get to hit them in one turn they will kill them in one turn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
Oh btw the best creature for me is the human archer in combination with the archer hero (can't recall name now exactly).
80 elven archers with atack 25 killed 30 of them (of course the shield man was there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). Indeed i had 36 deff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif but thats how much you get by lvl 25 on them.
If you cast stoneskin on them and you have squires next to them the computer rather atacks something else with archers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

H5forem
08-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Wermo2006:
Yes it was interesting and I still have it to this day. Could 50000 Peasants kill 30 Black Dragons? Even with the first strike every round that the Black Dragons would get because of their much higher speed stat?
A... NO WAY...

with 30 attack the 30 Black Dragons will kill @1500 peasants on first strike... then the retaliation of 48500 peasants will kill... well... @60 dragons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

galliard1981
08-10-2006, 02:18 AM
My vote is for Nightmare. Great ability, superspeed, average hp for its tier and additional growth from structure.

H5forem
08-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by unreal_az:
Oh btw the best creature for me is the human archer in combination with the archer hero (can't recall name now exactly).
80 elven archers with atack 25 killed 30 of them (of course the shield man was there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). Indeed i had 36 deff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif but thats how much you get by lvl 25 on them.
If you cast stoneskin on them and you have squires next to them the computer rather atacks something else with archers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
try stoneskin + air shield (all on expert) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif