PDA

View Full Version : rapelling method

spartan117twl
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
In looking at SC DA coming out in October, it looks like in MP the mercs have the ability to rappel down floors quickly to confront spies. The same method being used in Vegas. The point is Ubi is sharing assets and technology to make better games across franchises. Nice job.

spartan117twl
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
In looking at SC DA coming out in October, it looks like in MP the mercs have the ability to rappel down floors quickly to confront spies. The same method being used in Vegas. The point is Ubi is sharing assets and technology to make better games across franchises. Nice job.

Real720
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
How can you know that for sure?

spartan117twl
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I believe gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/splintercell4/news.html?sid=6154772) who played a demo.

brief comment from page2:
But wait, there's more! More toys, that is. Using one of the new drone robots, mercenaries can plant themselves in a hidden space and use it to hunt down spies remotely. The robot can fly up and down to reach places that otherwise only a spy could, and if you do find a spy hiding in the shadows, you can detonate the drone remotely. You can also opt for a standard frag grenade instead of this drone, which is useful for flushing spies out of hard-to-reach places. Mercenaries can also jump off buildings and ledges, rappelling down quickly to safety. All these enhancements and toys make up for the fact that, in terms of movement, a mercenary is far more restricted than a spy.

*this game is going to be great.

SirJOW
08-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I agree, and in my opinion that's what is ruining Rainbow Six.

There are 3 distinct games; Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six. All three games were different from each other and should have remained that way.

I think Ubisoft should just get to the point and just make one game which encompasses all 3 and save (some of) us the aggravation; and save themselves the MONEY. This is obviously what they are trying to do! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Darth_SS
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Obviously a CT group, a Spec-Ops group, and a former spec-ops spy would NEVER use the same methods.

*smack the silly person*

OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE OVERLAP. Contrary to what you're thinking, just because team Rainbow takes cover on walls and can rappel doesn't mean that Ubi woke up one morning and said "Know what? Let's not bother making another game. Slap some new textures onto Splinter Cell." A much more plausible solution would be that in their search for realism, Ubi has discovered "Hey, all three groups all do this. Why are we keeping that in just one game?"