PDA

View Full Version : Custom Multiplayer Modes



SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
This time around I really think Ubi needs to focus more on the multiplayer aspect of the game. By giving us this wonderful map editor, they are giving one of the best creation tools available, but what about the ability to custom tweak gametypes to fit the maps we make? How many times have you made a map almost specifically for a certain type of game play, but never really got to experience it the way it was intended due to lack of game customization? With games like Halo and even Ubi's own GRAW series I would think that those options would be a MUST HAVE to keep a game going online. The map editor is definately the best thing about Far Cry online, so let's take this to the next level and give us game creation ability to fit our maps. Anyone have anything they want to add to this?

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought somebody already made a thread about this?

Either way I agree with you. I would love to see Far Cry with a custom gametype creator like Halo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif .

*edit
Can't find the thread, so maybe not.

CaptainDEEZ
06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Giving Far Cry 3 players the ability to make custom modes might be cool, but it also might make the game wear out as fast as Halo Reach.
But it would be nice to have more than 3 game modes to play in multiplayer.

One thing I really like about Reach is how it records your last 25 games and you can view them from any viewpoint. Then you can select sections to render and make a video from them.
That might be a good addition for FC3.

killa_677
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by CaptainDEEZ:


One thing I really like about Reach is how it records your last 25 games and you can view them from any viewpoint. Then you can select sections to render and make a video from them.
That might be a good addition for FC3.

That would be a cool addition to FC3, especially on custom maps.

The3PointBuck
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I agree. That plus weapon placement, player loadout editing, and being able to pick up other players dropped weapons.

zeeEVIL1
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
SICK! Good to see you making an appearance Brotha.
As for gametypes, the reason it died out in Halo, is because the FORGE had to many things that just looked the same and mapping in it became boring.
Though I think it would be in Ubisofts interest to mine FORGE for many of the things it did do right. And there were many.

I would like to see a variety of options availible for each gametype. For example; I would like to see the Seek and Secure gametype, but with the option to create a Conquest game. Or to create an attack and defend gametype where each time the attacking team captures the objective it opens another area of the map, similar to Halo.
Or to make KOTH modes. Or a Mercenary mode, where one guy has to fight 6-8 players while completing objectives.

I have about 20 unused Ideas for gametypes that go all the way back to the planning sessions for the FC2 Editor.

DapperHayden007
06-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
I have about 20 unused Ideas for gametypes that go all the way back to the planning sessions for the FC2 Editor.

Wow, now that's quite a few ideas, So who is going to get back to Far Cry 2's editor to "PREPARE FOR FC3's EDITOR"?

killa_677
06-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DapperHayden:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
I have about 20 unused Ideas for gametypes that go all the way back to the planning sessions for the FC2 Editor.

Wow, now that's quite a few ideas, So who is going to get back to Far Cry 2's editor to "PREPARE FOR FC3's EDITOR"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already am using it to prepare. WOuld be awesome to be able to make FC2 maps and then port them over to FC3 but that's not going to happen. Instead I guess we could plan out maps. I have ideas but I'd prefer not to talk about them or else someone will try to beat me to it when this comes out.

And FC3 should have a multiplayer mode like Halo Reach's Headhunter.

DapperHayden007
06-08-2011, 09:49 PM
i have a project ready that was going to be made on FC2

x_maxpower
06-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd like a Rush mode like BFBC...epic battles would be guaranteed.

or Capture the babe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just hope they don't shrink the MP from 16 players. Downsizing seems to be the trend these days...

FALLEN CHAMP
06-09-2011, 12:27 AM
FC1
Chaos
Team Chaos
Steal The Sample
Seek & Secure
Predator

FC2
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture The Diamond
Uprising


I think Uprising was a great idea but you should be able to select the Captain in the lobby, also they could have given us a similar mode without the captain which would then be similar to Seek & Secure from the previous game where anyone could capture a point.

Capture the Diamond from FC2 was ok but I hated the way you could not throw the diamond - you should be able to throw it to players above or below if they are available.

Predator mode on FC1 was unique and a great laugh, they could have done something similar in FC2 but instead of giving Pred powers they could have had up to 4 players who have a small amount more speed and health/armor - those players would be in survival mode - maybe they have to secure a building for a combined time of a minute or something (would it work)

Capture the Flag with opposite flags gives a double assault type game, and if they let us just place one flag in the defending teams area and strip the defending team from picking it up you then have assault mode (attack & defend) if the flag stays where the player drops then you have an interesting game as the closer they get to taking it back the more the game swings in the attacking teams favor (similar to Capture the sister in Bioshock 2)

If they let you place just one A,B,C station from Uprising then you could create a King of the Hill type mode providing any player could capture it - There is a lot that can be done if they give us half a chance.

I agree that with FC2 they ran out of time and threw the multiplayer together quickly and it was a different team that did single and multi parts of the game.

I would hope that these making FC3s multiplayer would have a bit of passion and look forward to joining some games and showing off their skills.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-09-2011, 05:03 AM
One gametype that is missing from almost every FPS that I feel is a necessity for games like this is Last Man Standing. No respawns makes for a much more stealthy and intense game than the usual run and gun and die and respawn approach that we're all so used to. Back on the original Xbox I played with a good group of people on Ghost Recon Island Thunder and eventually GR2 and we always played team last man standing. The games went quick, and the end result was different every time. It wasn't the same 2 or 3 people getting all the kills while others suffered the same fate of being last. I would really like to see that mode or at least an option to create the mode by being able to limit respawns. We could go on and on all day with ideas for custom gametypes. And with this amazing editor, the possibilities really are endless. Halo's Forge was a joke IMO. It wasn't a full on map editor like FC's. It was ridiculously limited, but still with the ability to make custom games and save them along with some custom Forge mapping, you had a golden idea. Now imagine the best of both worlds here on FC3 with the editor and that same gametype customization. We might never stop playing it.

FALLEN CHAMP
06-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Man Standing is a great idea SICK, I used to like Predator mode in Survival where you could not get to the generator and could not respawn players - I guess that worked as Last Man standing but against the Pred who would always win.

It would be a good laugh that mode if it were possible with the tools they give us.

DeftOneRadio
06-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by SICKSIX6_IOWA:
One gametype that is missing from almost every FPS that I feel is a necessity for games like this is Last Man Standing. No respawns makes for a much more stealthy and intense game than the usual run and gun and die and respawn approach that we're all so used to. Back on the original Xbox I played with a good group of people on Ghost Recon Island Thunder and eventually GR2 and we always played team last man standing. The games went quick, and the end result was different every time. It wasn't the same 2 or 3 people getting all the kills while others suffered the same fate of being last. I would really like to see that mode or at least an option to create the mode by being able to limit respawns. We could go on and on all day with ideas for custom gametypes. And with this amazing editor, the possibilities really are endless. Halo's Forge was a joke IMO. It wasn't a full on map editor like FC's. It was ridiculously limited, but still with the ability to make custom games and save them along with some custom Forge mapping, you had a golden idea. Now imagine the best of both worlds here on FC3 with the editor and that same gametype customization. We might never stop playing it.
LMS would be a great addition. Tango_2_0 was able to add LMS to FC2 by making creative use of his TangoExtender. It works pretty well actually, and we play it on our servers every once in a while to change things up when the other game modes get a little stale. It would be nice if they added this gametype directly though.

WretcheddDrake
06-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I agree with Sick, there needs to be more gameplay customization like setting the number of lives per round. You could make maps that are way more tactical if we could play 1 life per round game types.

Just look at Halo and its gameplay customization, it's the best I've seen in an FPS. With their Forge (still way inferior to Far Cry's map editor), they could set up maps to revolve around specific gameplay, something this game should have too if it wants to be competitive.

BS PALADIN
06-09-2011, 11:27 AM
+1

Completely agree

And another +1 just for mentioned GRIT and GR2. Classic games.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
+1

Completely agree

And another +1 just for mentioned GRIT and GR2. Classic games.

GRIT and GR2 were the first Xbox games I played online back when LIVE was brand new. I wish I could still play those games and all those old great maps, even with it's outdated graphics and gameplay. Some of the most fun I've ever had online.