PDA

View Full Version : Image Hosting

meyoline
11-23-2003, 03:12 PM
I saw this suggested by Al in another thread, so I thought I might as well start a topic on it so we can all help each other. ^_^ There's a free image hosting site I use, www2.freepichosting.com (www2 is NOT a typo, and you won't be able to load the page without the 2) They're basically for people who want images for their ebay items, but you don't have to be an ebay seller to get an account with them, and unlike some other ebay image sites they don't mind if you use your images on non ebay pages.

You just create an account (make sure to write down your info!) and open an album program (really small so even not so great pcs can handle it) and click open from the image toolbar at the top, load the images you want, and save your album. You update, add, edit, etc any time you want. I think you get a certain amount of 'points' (basically bandwidth usage) a month, but Ive had several images I've posted on busy pages, and none of my points are gone yet? So I'm not sure. Just save your album and hit "publish" when you're done, and you're set to go. You can even right click the name under your image and get the exact url for it to make it easier to load it somewhere. The only problem I've seemed to have found with it is .gif files. I've loaded a few smileys to my album, but when I put them as an image file somewhere else the smileys don't move (and yes they're saved as gifs, and move when viewed in windows explorer on my pc). So I guess if any of the mods that use images they've loaded elsewhere could suggest what site they use? I have some smileys I would love to start using. ^_^ But for avatars, screenshots, etc., this site is great.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

meyoline
11-23-2003, 03:12 PM
I saw this suggested by Al in another thread, so I thought I might as well start a topic on it so we can all help each other. ^_^ There's a free image hosting site I use, www2.freepichosting.com (www2 is NOT a typo, and you won't be able to load the page without the 2) They're basically for people who want images for their ebay items, but you don't have to be an ebay seller to get an account with them, and unlike some other ebay image sites they don't mind if you use your images on non ebay pages.

You just create an account (make sure to write down your info!) and open an album program (really small so even not so great pcs can handle it) and click open from the image toolbar at the top, load the images you want, and save your album. You update, add, edit, etc any time you want. I think you get a certain amount of 'points' (basically bandwidth usage) a month, but Ive had several images I've posted on busy pages, and none of my points are gone yet? So I'm not sure. Just save your album and hit "publish" when you're done, and you're set to go. You can even right click the name under your image and get the exact url for it to make it easier to load it somewhere. The only problem I've seemed to have found with it is .gif files. I've loaded a few smileys to my album, but when I put them as an image file somewhere else the smileys don't move (and yes they're saved as gifs, and move when viewed in windows explorer on my pc). So I guess if any of the mods that use images they've loaded elsewhere could suggest what site they use? I have some smileys I would love to start using. ^_^ But for avatars, screenshots, etc., this site is great.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Anima_Caligo
11-23-2003, 03:32 PM
I have a place that I use called www.uploadit.org (http://www.uploadit.org)

You don't need to sign up (although the option is there) to use it. I've been using i for a few weeks now. Great site.

meyoline
11-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Are .gif files you load from there working correctly? (ie: moving) ^_^

Anima_Caligo
11-23-2003, 08:52 PM
ehhhh...Not sure. I've only used .jpg for it.

If your site works for .gif too, I'll go there too. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif