PDA

View Full Version : halfass attempt for gamecube version :-(

rawlu
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
well the new splinter cell:chaos theory is now out & im very sad & disapointed now that i pre-ordered the game for my gamecube when i could have got a much better version on my xbox.

iv yet to play the game but from what im reading on gamespot who i trust the gamecube version basically stinks when compared to both the xbox & pc version's.

part of this is due to the lack of muti-player that i couldent care less about but most of the problum is just a half-*** port & im just getting so sick of port's,when i buy a game for my gamecube i expect it to be MADE FOR MY GAMECUBE,not a game made on the piece of **** ps2 & just ported onto gamecube or whatever,it's just unacceptable.

I KNOW the gamecube is more then able to do a much more better job then this,i mean c'mon i just got done playing RE4 & it just blew my mind it was so great & SC:CT should have been just as good.

i want to suport gamecube as much as i love my xbox but now i wish i would have waited on my pre-order & i would have got the far superior xbox version.

the xbox version recived on gamespot a 8.6 out of 10 that was relly deserved in the 9's because it recived almost stright 9's in every area & alot was very mad on the bords at this low a score,& the gamecube version recived a 6.7 in comparision,a 6.7?!.

here's a tini idea of what they had to say about the gamecude version of SC:CT - gamespot sais -

"The third iteration of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell stealth action franchise features the continuing adventures of Sam Fisher, a top secret agent who's sent in to accomplish the US government's dirty work when political situations go sour. It's also got a brand-new two-player cooperative mode in which a pair of spies work their way through dangerous assignments. The GameCube version of the game is sadly missing the innovative four-player competitive mode featured in Chaos Theory (and its predecessor) for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. And while that's the biggest omission, unfortunately it's just one of the numerous corners that have been cut to make Chaos Theory for the GameCube a mockery of its PC and Xbox counterparts. It's mostly similar to the half-baked PS2 version, but with no versus mode, clunkier controls, a useless Game Boy Advance connectivity feature, and a bunch of GameCube-exclusive glitches. Strictly on its own merits, this version is an altogether unimpressive action adventure that still smacks of being a watered-down port of a technically superior game. In other words, both GameCube owners and Splinter Cell fans deserve better than this. It'd be very difficult to understand what anyone sees in the Splinter Cell series solely judging by this version of the game".

"a mockery of its PC and Xbox counterparts",= unacceptable.

just so you know my rule of thumb b4 i buy any video game for my xbox or gamecube is the game must recive ATLEAST a 8.0 or better on both gamespot.com & on IGN.COM,if SC:CT recived a 8.1 on gamespot & a 7.9 on ign.com i WOULD NOT BUY IT,there has to be some sort of accountablity & i WILL NOT buy just anything,unfortunately i put my trust in the gamecube version & nintendo this time & i'll be sure to wait for the reviews on both ign & gamespot from now on so i dont waste more of my hard earned money on a halfass port.

rawlu
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
well the new splinter cell:chaos theory is now out & im very sad & disapointed now that i pre-ordered the game for my gamecube when i could have got a much better version on my xbox.

iv yet to play the game but from what im reading on gamespot who i trust the gamecube version basically stinks when compared to both the xbox & pc version's.

part of this is due to the lack of muti-player that i couldent care less about but most of the problum is just a half-*** port & im just getting so sick of port's,when i buy a game for my gamecube i expect it to be MADE FOR MY GAMECUBE,not a game made on the piece of **** ps2 & just ported onto gamecube or whatever,it's just unacceptable.

I KNOW the gamecube is more then able to do a much more better job then this,i mean c'mon i just got done playing RE4 & it just blew my mind it was so great & SC:CT should have been just as good.

i want to suport gamecube as much as i love my xbox but now i wish i would have waited on my pre-order & i would have got the far superior xbox version.

the xbox version recived on gamespot a 8.6 out of 10 that was relly deserved in the 9's because it recived almost stright 9's in every area & alot was very mad on the bords at this low a score,& the gamecube version recived a 6.7 in comparision,a 6.7?!.

here's a tini idea of what they had to say about the gamecude version of SC:CT - gamespot sais -

"The third iteration of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell stealth action franchise features the continuing adventures of Sam Fisher, a top secret agent who's sent in to accomplish the US government's dirty work when political situations go sour. It's also got a brand-new two-player cooperative mode in which a pair of spies work their way through dangerous assignments. The GameCube version of the game is sadly missing the innovative four-player competitive mode featured in Chaos Theory (and its predecessor) for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. And while that's the biggest omission, unfortunately it's just one of the numerous corners that have been cut to make Chaos Theory for the GameCube a mockery of its PC and Xbox counterparts. It's mostly similar to the half-baked PS2 version, but with no versus mode, clunkier controls, a useless Game Boy Advance connectivity feature, and a bunch of GameCube-exclusive glitches. Strictly on its own merits, this version is an altogether unimpressive action adventure that still smacks of being a watered-down port of a technically superior game. In other words, both GameCube owners and Splinter Cell fans deserve better than this. It'd be very difficult to understand what anyone sees in the Splinter Cell series solely judging by this version of the game".

"a mockery of its PC and Xbox counterparts",= unacceptable.

just so you know my rule of thumb b4 i buy any video game for my xbox or gamecube is the game must recive ATLEAST a 8.0 or better on both gamespot.com & on IGN.COM,if SC:CT recived a 8.1 on gamespot & a 7.9 on ign.com i WOULD NOT BUY IT,there has to be some sort of accountablity & i WILL NOT buy just anything,unfortunately i put my trust in the gamecube version & nintendo this time & i'll be sure to wait for the reviews on both ign & gamespot from now on so i dont waste more of my hard earned money on a halfass port.

hookshot12354
04-06-2005, 08:28 PM
dont complain, if u got an xbox, get a refund on ur gc version and get it for ur box, not to difficult

rawlu
04-07-2005, 06:26 PM
thats not the point,the point is when i buy a game for a gamecube it should be made for the gamecube,not some halfass port.

if they took out a bunch of muti-player BS then they should have put more into the rest of the game,the gamecube can handle it np,RE4 is testament to that,RE4 just gos to show what can be done on the gamecube or any system if the developers just get off their rear's & put some love into it.

it's just unacceptable in this day & age IMO to demand anything less.