PDA

View Full Version : For Gods sake buy this game.

Da_Junka
05-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I come on here looking for a good game and everyone€s talking pirates.
We know it happens we know its a problem, but the demo alone shows this game is worth a poxy 30.
UBI have done the right thing kicking SF, it was wrong and very bad for the old computer, lets show them how right this decision was by buying it, I am.
For crying out loud it's only a round with mates down the pub. Do the right thing, you know it makes sense.

super-bone
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
i gonna buy it =] i want nival to grow!

Da_Junka
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by super-bone:
i gonna buy it =] i want nival to grow!

Good lad, now, that make's my heart rejoice.
If we don€t do the right thing now we are going to lose good games forever.

M4K1984
05-15-2006, 11:54 AM
People how you can be so stu... talking about the game that isnt realese yet.Just buy the game just like i do.

RamzaBehoulve
05-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by M4K1984:
People how you can be so stu... talking about the game that isnt realese yet.Just buy the game just like i do.

Couple people received retail version today, it's impossible to tell who is a pirate or not anymore.

pavel44
05-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RamzaBehoulve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M4K1984:

Couple people received retail version today, it's impossible to tell who is a pirate or not anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon.com says May 16th

simon_cowell
05-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately pirated products have much higher quality than legal versions thsese days. Game publishers trying to make your playing experience as miserable as possible.

Da_Junka
05-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by simon_cowell:
Unfortunately pirated products have much higher quality than legal versions thsese days. Game publishers trying to make your playing experience as miserable as possible.

Bollocks, they are protecting there interests, they just need to get street wise that's all. Give us, Joe Public, what we want. Now get your hand in your pocket, grab your wedge and talk action.

akito272927
05-15-2006, 01:01 PM
dont worry pirate games will happend always,but is people that if they cant download will not play anyways.....so it isnt a sell

M4K1984
05-15-2006, 01:17 PM
In this days, ubi should consider a seeling game by the internet, just like steam.

FoxHero
05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Doesn't help either.
As long as the game is on your hard-disc... naw, as long as you can save data to you PC, you can pirate.

And now shush, most people wouldn't even know it's already been pirated weren't it for those threads, you know.

JonAntonsson
05-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I have already paid for it because I have preorderd my Super Collectors edition, (wich have been sold out, hehe).

I have read on a torrent upload page, where you can download it, that alot of those who have downloaded it cant get the **** to work. And that it may not be the same final version of the game that we will get soon.

RamzaBehoulve
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by JonAntonsson:
I have already paid for it because I have preorderd my Super Collectors edition, (wich have been sold out, hehe).

I have read on a torrent upload page, where you can download it, that alot of those who have downloaded it cant get the **** to work. And that it may not be the same final version of the game that we will get soon.

You should have your box very shortly then.

Naskonni
05-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RamzaBehoulve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonAntonsson:

You should have your box very shortly then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shortly means Saturday and that is definitely not soon enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The Super Collectors is to be sent on the 18th so in the best possible case one can get it on Friday, but Saturday is a more realistic forecast...

Ydraliskos
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
hah, lucky people all of you =D

I'll probably be able to buy it at least 2 weeks from now, because there isn't a single PC game store in the whole town where I currently live =/

So yea, it's the "pirated-release-overnight-and-buy-next-week" plan for me.

Naskonni
05-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ydraliskos:

I'll probably be able to buy it at least 2 weeks from now, because there isn't a single PC game store in the whole town where I currently live =/

No online stores that cover you area as well?

WretchedGnu
05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll buy it -- just as soon as I get confirmation from somebody else that there's a decent AI operating on the single-player maps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Ydraliskos
05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Naskonni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ydraliskos:

No online stores that cover you area as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't like buying online =) Much rather take a friend and go to a gamestore and browse the shelves, hardware etc.

While I see where you're coming from with that remark, I don't think that discussing my views of the matter would contribute to my forum longevity ^_^

Atrius2005
05-15-2006, 05:08 PM
SOLD! As of January of this year, I pre-ordered the Australian Collector's Edition. In two days, I will pay off the pre-order and play Heroes V until I drop, or I have to go to work (whichever comes first.)

Shinma72
05-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Might buy this once they come out with a patch, depending on what it fixes and/or adds. As of right now though I've heard to many dissapointing features.

gimmeadog
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Out of curiosity, are the versions any different? Is the "Australian version" actually any different from the "American"?

ChimTheGrim
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I'll buy this game no matter what.

I really love the HoMaM series.

joasoze
05-16-2006, 12:49 AM
I will buy this game as StarF... is dropped. I must also admit that I have tried the game already.

I buy all good strategy games. Unfortuantely they are few and far between. My most recent purchases are GalCiv2 (my rating 7/10) and Civ IV (10/10)

HP-X
05-16-2006, 06:00 AM
I normally don't buy games, I just download them and play for ~30 minutes and then stop, remove the crappy games and do something else.

I buy the games when I think the developers DESERVES my money. I buy games such as WC3, HL2 / vanilla and now also HoMM5. HL2 gives you an SDK which allows you to create another type of game if you want, companies like iD gives you the entire source (latest release was Q3-src), wc3 allows creating advanced custom maps and finally HoMM5 actually seems to have nice capabilities for doing something similar with the xml-files.

I wasn't even going to buy the game since they were going to have Starforce but the moment I read the news that they had removed it I purchased two copies (one for a friend and one for me). Sure, I'm sure Nival has some other crappy system in HoMM5, but nothing you can't go around.

Thank you Nival Interactive and thank you Ubisoft, for coming to sense and skipping Starforce and at the same time delivering a great game.

PS. Atrius2005, I don't like kitten... I must pirate and destroy the evil threat! YARR! -_-

andersRson
05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Naskonni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RamzaBehoulve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonAntonsson:

You should have your box very shortly then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shortly means Saturday and that is definitely not soon enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The Super Collectors is to be sent on the 18th so in the best possible case one can get it on Friday, but Saturday is a more realistic forecast... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got my super collectors edition today, tuesday 16th. A fed-ex guy woke me up at 11 with a strange package for me, couldn't for the life of me figure out what it could be. I was pleasantly surprised http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
btw, I live in sweden, so I guess the arrival won't depend much on where you live.