PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Lockdown demo. Anyone agree?

chadeboi479
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey, everyone! Just thought I'd leave my two cents about the Rainbow Six: Lockdown demo because I have some concerns to mention before considering whether or not it's worth a purchase.

My biggest turn-off for this game is the behavior and actions of my Rainbow teammates. Do they always move around like this in the retail game? It seems they only look great if they're just standing still. Once you order them to start moving somewhere, their running animations are just horrible, and they end up looking like crazed morons who run into each other all the time! Furthermore, when they engage tangos, it's like they constantly ignore enemies who are practically right in front of them, and their shooting accuracy isn't always that accurate. I just feel as if I've seen better, more efficient, and more fluid teammate actions performed in other squad-based tactical shooters including Raven Shield and especially SWAT 4.

Of course, I realize my system certainly isn't the beefiest of computers out there, so this could very well be a framerate issue, but I can't stand seeing my supposedly elite counter-terrorist operatives looking like idiots in their movements. Does anybody else notice things like this?

I've also played Lockdown for Xbox, which definitely felt more like an incomplete game than a "polished" game because of its broken or missing animations among other things, so I was pleased to read that the PC version would be far different from it. Upon playing the demo, I was pleased to see that it looks like it's been significantly fixed up from the console iteration (having Rainbow operatives actually wear helmets, being able to select their uniforms, etc.), but at the same time, it's like the PC game is still missing things that a PC game shouldn't. For example, when you command your teammates, why do you no longer hear Chavez verbally issuing orders or at least giving hand signals?

This may be a technical issue, but how come the sounds of my guns firing occasionally become very weak, and only certain times do they sound loud and powerful? Does it have something to do with positional 3D audio, which I don't have?

Anyway, just thought I'd run this by everyone and see what you might think. To sum up, I'd just like to know if this is exactly what I can expect from the retail version of Lockdown, because I'm not so sure that I want it.

Thanks!

-Chad

chadeboi479
02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey, everyone! Just thought I'd leave my two cents about the Rainbow Six: Lockdown demo because I have some concerns to mention before considering whether or not it's worth a purchase.

My biggest turn-off for this game is the behavior and actions of my Rainbow teammates. Do they always move around like this in the retail game? It seems they only look great if they're just standing still. Once you order them to start moving somewhere, their running animations are just horrible, and they end up looking like crazed morons who run into each other all the time! Furthermore, when they engage tangos, it's like they constantly ignore enemies who are practically right in front of them, and their shooting accuracy isn't always that accurate. I just feel as if I've seen better, more efficient, and more fluid teammate actions performed in other squad-based tactical shooters including Raven Shield and especially SWAT 4.

Of course, I realize my system certainly isn't the beefiest of computers out there, so this could very well be a framerate issue, but I can't stand seeing my supposedly elite counter-terrorist operatives looking like idiots in their movements. Does anybody else notice things like this?

I've also played Lockdown for Xbox, which definitely felt more like an incomplete game than a "polished" game because of its broken or missing animations among other things, so I was pleased to read that the PC version would be far different from it. Upon playing the demo, I was pleased to see that it looks like it's been significantly fixed up from the console iteration (having Rainbow operatives actually wear helmets, being able to select their uniforms, etc.), but at the same time, it's like the PC game is still missing things that a PC game shouldn't. For example, when you command your teammates, why do you no longer hear Chavez verbally issuing orders or at least giving hand signals?

This may be a technical issue, but how come the sounds of my guns firing occasionally become very weak, and only certain times do they sound loud and powerful? Does it have something to do with positional 3D audio, which I don't have?

Anyway, just thought I'd run this by everyone and see what you might think. To sum up, I'd just like to know if this is exactly what I can expect from the retail version of Lockdown, because I'm not so sure that I want it.

Thanks!

-Chad