PDA

View Full Version : BEST SERVER SETTINGS EVAR!!!!!!

Kevlar2005
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
The server was set so that everything, every item in your kit, cost something....MEANING: NOTHING IS FREE....no FREEBIES...EXCEPT one HANDGUN...

You'd be surprised how man RUN AND GUNNERS were reduced to HANDGUN holders in no time....

NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY STOPPED RUNNING AND GUNNING AND STARTED THINKING ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING .....

Twas a good server.

Bota-X
06-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, unfortunately the problem is that if you join in after the match starts (or load in slow) then all of the initial zones are already taken and you have to somehow advance with a pistol. This can be a bit disorienting for new players and annoying to older ones.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we had the ability to drop weapons for each other, and pick up weapons off bodies.

Either way, I prefer the mode you mentioned over everything being free, which causes showers of gernades with a chance of snipers.

Kevlar2005
06-21-2006, 11:48 PM
If you can't use the pistol and advance, PLAY ANOTHER GAME, I could care less.

THis is great, turns Run-N-Gunners into HISTORY....makes the Whole game better.

SCE_Slaughter_
06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Getting rid of free nades cut the lag on warehouse in half.

Bota-X
06-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Kevlar2005:
If you can't use the pistol and advance, PLAY ANOTHER GAME, I could care less.
http://www.teambota.com/botasig/X/pics/careless.jpg

Originally posted by SCE_Slaughter_:
Getting rid of free nades cut the lag on warehouse in half. For my system it was the smoke. Good thing no one cares to buy it.

MikSnoopy
06-22-2006, 12:20 AM
For me, it was the nade spam.

This new patch ruined the gameplay - what little was left.

MikSnoopy
06-22-2006, 12:33 AM
I cannot say I agree with this at all.

Here's somewhat of a snippit of my view on it:
(Said snippit is only ONE problem)

Mmm, I love the game, belive me on that.

But I'm having a hard time playing a game as it degresses. I went through this already with one series I loved (Tribes) that was killed.

I'm praying to god - and others - that this game will not go down the same road.

I'd post more indetailed thoughts on the whole subject, but...

I'm seriously having a hard time seeing how X360 can have such a good rep, while the PC version of GRAW is going in the reverse direction.

Maybe I'm the only one who views the game going in the dirrection it's going. Maybe I am the lone star seeing this game go from bad to worse, ectra. But maybe I'm not?

For example, a gameplay example -strictly so- the pistols. If you join a server late and miss the zone rush for points - you're suddenly fighting everyone who has rifles with a little pistol. Or if you bychance hit the first rush, but you cannot seem to keep points - say, the first gun you buy gets dropped because you got shot in the back for making a mistake. Damn, now you no longer have ANY points what so ever.

Then the entire game turns into a rape fest.

(Enter the: "you must be a bad player" flame. And the replyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pre-patch, I rarely had a ratio less than 1:1. With this patch, if I don't catch the initial rush, I'm lucky if I can reach a 1:2 ratio - because I get stuck with the pistol.

I've heard that this is a server setting, that not every server is set up this way.
Ok.

So I joined 3 other servers.

Must be that all the UBI-related servers are set up this way though, because of the 3 I joined, every one of them ran this way.

I did join one clan-ran server, and it was neat that I could buy any weapon I wanted because the point system was more/less disabled. Except not really. Part of it turned in to having way too many people with a particular weapon (Sniper, MK48, whathaveyou).

I'm trying so hard to love this game. I had alot of fun with it on the 1.10 patch - minus the obvious glaring bugs (RE: Warehouse w/the nade lag) - but this newest patch has really put some sand in my proverbial orifices.

This post has been edited by MikSnoopy: Today, 06:34 AM

SRT_Jedi
06-22-2006, 12:48 AM
If you join a server late and miss the zone rush for points - you're suddenly fighting everyone who has rifles with a little pistol. Or if you bychance hit the first rush, but you cannot seem to keep points - say, the first gun you buy gets dropped because you got shot in the back for making a mistake. Damn, now you no longer have ANY points what so ever.

Then the entire game turns into a rape fest.

Agreed.... this game needs team deathmatch so bad.

"Capture the zone" domination is to bf2 for me. Go camp some little flags you lamers!

MikSnoopy
06-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by SRT_Jedi:
Agreed.... this game needs team deathmatch so bad.

"Capture the zone" domination is to bf2 for me. Go camp some little flags you lamers!

I ENJOY the Dom mode - I have alot of fun with it. It's something "Fresh" for me, because I refuse to play BF2 (Re: Vechile battles, I prefer foot) I would also enjoy TDM.

Kevlar2005
06-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by MikSnoopy:
I cannot say I agree with this at all.

I think that is a glitch, that your first player has no money if you miss a certain point in time, that is not the intention of the gameplay. I would like to see that FIXED. But, otherwise, my original point remains....

SST_SPARKY
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
i think by the sound of many of u, you would of rather seen a port of the 360 version as a realse for the pc version and start the patching process from there

randomhero25
06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I actually thought that about single player as well to pick up weapons off of the dead would be an interesting twist for both sp and mp

Originally posted by Bota-X:
Yes, unfortunately the problem is that if you join in after the match starts (or load in slow) then all of the initial zones are already taken and you have to somehow advance with a pistol. This can be a bit disorienting for new players and annoying to older ones.

I wouldn't mind it so much if we had the ability to drop weapons for each other, and pick up weapons off bodies.

Either way, I prefer the mode you mentioned over everything being free, which causes showers of gernades with a chance of snipers.

Kapeket
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
You're stupid.

Next.