PDA

View Full Version : some bugs found on the demo

the_bibi
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
In order to prevent those bug happening on the real game, i'll post some bugs i've found in the demo.

- On my computer, the game runs mostly smooth, except when I turn the camera. When it's facing east or south, there's awful lag, but there's no lag whatsoever when the camera's facing other directions... wierd. (Ti4200 8x).

- When casting retaliation strike, there's a display of "kill:x" who appear, like if you would kill x creature from that stack.

- Probably this is fixed for the final version but in the haven campaing map (5th in the camping in the final release) the mission objectives doesn't display that if you're not freeing Isabel from the prison until 1 week have pass, you loose the game.

- On a battle, with dynamic camera activated, often the game take a wierd zoom and we can't see both creatures (only some part of the attacked creature).

- When using attack action whit the hereo Isabel, the animation showed if the one of normal knight heroe.

- Small creatures don't show highlighted square from where they will attack, large creature do.

Suggestion :

It should have a "load" button while in combat because some times, you get crushed so you may want to load the game back, but you can't if you're in a battle and fleeing from a battle with a heroe you must not loose in that particular scenario lead to "loose game" and to loading back the main menu. Going throught all these steps don't seems very user friendly to me !

that's it, folks!

P.S. The game is VERY nice! Right what I was expecting!! Hurray !

the_bibi
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
In order to prevent those bug happening on the real game, i'll post some bugs i've found in the demo.

- On my computer, the game runs mostly smooth, except when I turn the camera. When it's facing east or south, there's awful lag, but there's no lag whatsoever when the camera's facing other directions... wierd. (Ti4200 8x).

- When casting retaliation strike, there's a display of "kill:x" who appear, like if you would kill x creature from that stack.

- Probably this is fixed for the final version but in the haven campaing map (5th in the camping in the final release) the mission objectives doesn't display that if you're not freeing Isabel from the prison until 1 week have pass, you loose the game.

- On a battle, with dynamic camera activated, often the game take a wierd zoom and we can't see both creatures (only some part of the attacked creature).

- When using attack action whit the hereo Isabel, the animation showed if the one of normal knight heroe.

- Small creatures don't show highlighted square from where they will attack, large creature do.

Suggestion :

It should have a "load" button while in combat because some times, you get crushed so you may want to load the game back, but you can't if you're in a battle and fleeing from a battle with a heroe you must not loose in that particular scenario lead to "loose game" and to loading back the main menu. Going throught all these steps don't seems very user friendly to me !

that's it, folks!

P.S. The game is VERY nice! Right what I was expecting!! Hurray !

Jaras
04-14-2006, 07:23 AM
I have the same kind of lag when facing one direction on 6600GT, so I was surprised this game runs so slow.

I also found that in graphics option there's strange lost of logic in the description of NO EYECANDY option. It actually says that if you turn this option on you'll get more eyecandy effects then with this switch off.
So maybe the name of the switch is wrong and should be called just EYECANDY, or the description is wrong.

Cliver
04-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Also Spectral dragon in demo doesnt move at all if you dont move your units in its attack range, results in killing the dragon without any loss at all with ranged attacks. I am sure this is not intended, might be a bug with AI.

michiganjf
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
SOME ARTIFACTS ARE DEFAULTING TO A PICTURE OF A WAND INSTEAD OF SHOWING WHAT THE ITEM REALLY IS . . . BOOTS, HELM, ETC. NO BIG DEAL. DEMO ROCKS!

Llefser
04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
In the first campaign map, once I've defeated Agrael's army the game will crash to the desktop once I end my turn. Since this happens around week one, day four or five I haven't had much of a chance to explore the demo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

In the stand-alone map, the building used to generate familiars is called the "Imp Crucible" and the upgraded building (that generates imps) is called the "Familiar" crucible. A minor problem, all things considered.

the_bibi
04-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Another bug i've found :

Summoned (gated) units counts has looses in the Combat Result screen (it shouldn't be, in my opinion, since they disapear at the end of the fight anyway).

MESSENGER
04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
1. Some *female* creatures have *male* voices. For example, shadow witch/shadow matriarch both have male voices when injured. I suspect angel/arch angel have male cheering voices as well, but I could be wrong.

2. While playing the campaign map "The Fall of the King", the AI "RedPlayer" might take an extraodinarily long time to finish its turn under some unknown conditions. After this happens, the AI will take the same unusual amount of time for every turn afterwards. This seems to be related to the number of turns that has elapsed (or rather, the date, week and month the game is currently in). Here are 2 different saves to demonstrate the problem (scroll down and click on Free, wait for counter to finish):

This save does not have the problem (yet!). Wait until the end of the week and the problem will occur:
http://rapidshare.de/files/18035870/save_2.sav.html

This save already has the problem:
http://rapidshare.de/files/18036148/save_0.sav.html

ankh88
04-14-2006, 09:44 PM
I think the text for the Imp and Familiar are confused.

I'm playing the Inferno scenario map, and the town is level 3 to begin with. If I click on the imp building, it creates Familiars, not imps. Imps are the upgrade to familiars. The descriptions need to be changed for those two buildings. They're backwards right now.