PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get the 4WD buggy to float on water?

Monster09
12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Somewhere, either in Boat or Cooler I think, there is a patrolboat attached by a chain at the end of a dock on one of the islands. The end of the dock is floating free.

Has anyone driven their jeep onto it and then either used the boat to tow it somewhere or float free to the other island? I've tried it, I just wonder why you're able to do it.

Monster09
12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Somewhere, either in Boat or Cooler I think, there is a patrolboat attached by a chain at the end of a dock on one of the islands. The end of the dock is floating free.

Has anyone driven their jeep onto it and then either used the boat to tow it somewhere or float free to the other island? I've tried it, I just wonder why you're able to do it.

Rapidly
12-06-2004, 10:04 AM
I did that; drove the jeep onto the raft, then jumped into the patrol boat and towed it over to the island. To offload the jeep, I swung the raft into shallow water with the open end facing the shore, more or less, and then backed it out. Water can't be too deep or it won't work. Also tried towing it around the far side of the island. Was a pain, though, as having that big anchor surfing behind you really screws up the boat's steering.

p.s. this is one of the more flexible levels in Far Cry, with many ways to get to your goal (third radio tower, I believe) -- do the above, take the hang glider, or swim across.

Huntsman33
12-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Well I know that pvt_james of the FCL clan messed around with the game so that the jeeps could be driven underwater and then they got them floating in the air as well. lol