PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to augment the Exploration aspect of the game

TheMongooseDog
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry if this has been suggested elsewhere or if it's already in the game. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Since there's such a focus on the natural beauty of Africa in the game, and on player exploration throughout the beautifully rendered game world, why not add in a photography system?

The player merc has already brought his map, compass, etc., and I know that if I was going to Africa, even as a merc, I would certainly bring a camera with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It wouldn't have to be a complex system, just a camera as an equipable item, with the snapshots being saved in some viewable location, and possibly easily shared with the community.

I think it would give people added incentive to relish in all the detail being put into the world, and would of course also give people a way to show off their custom maps.

Let me know what you think.

TheMongooseDog
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry if this has been suggested elsewhere or if it's already in the game. I did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Since there's such a focus on the natural beauty of Africa in the game, and on player exploration throughout the beautifully rendered game world, why not add in a photography system?

The player merc has already brought his map, compass, etc., and I know that if I was going to Africa, even as a merc, I would certainly bring a camera with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It wouldn't have to be a complex system, just a camera as an equipable item, with the snapshots being saved in some viewable location, and possibly easily shared with the community.

I think it would give people added incentive to relish in all the detail being put into the world, and would of course also give people a way to show off their custom maps.

Let me know what you think.

Icecube1137
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
hmmm
So you mean have a screenshot system like Bad Company or halo 3?

That would be cool, but the devs havent mentioned anything about that at all so.... who knows.

But, if there was a screenshot system, people probably wouldnt be able to use it for capturing the beauty of the landscape. They would probably use it like people do in H3 and just take random screenshots of people dieing or getting shot or blown up.

WalkingEviction
08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
There's a good chance that there's a button you can press to take a screenshot and have it saved to a specific location. Many games have this. I cannot confirm this, of course. We'll just have to wait and see.

TheMongooseDog
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Regular old screenshots are nice, but I was specifically hoping for the added immersion of your character actually holding a camera, with you being able to take it out, zoom as desired, and hit the shutter.

I won't lie, I like some of the concept of Afrika for the PS3, but it just sounds too boring. But if taking photos were a side activity to a whole, immersive game that also happens to be set in a beautifuly rendered Africa, then it suddenly becomes a whole lot more appealing to me. To destroy a mercenary camp, narrowly escaping with my life, and then to happen across a majestic herd of wildebeest tromping through the dawn, and to take out my camera and snap a photograph sounds like an awesome gaming experience to me. I think it could add some more groundedness, and make the crazy things you're doing in your quest for the Jackal seem all the more insane.

Jorge-Fonseca
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
What your asking is some kind of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas photo where a quest is to take photos of certain areas. Now that would be a hassle so no. make the camera like many games to randomly take pictures, no more.

TheMongooseDog
08-20-2008, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorge-Fonseca:
What your asking is some kind of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas photo where a quest is to take photos of certain areas. Now that would be a hassle so no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that's not what I said at all.

I'm just saying the player should have a camera item, and be able to use it and share their photos.

Jorge-Fonseca
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
that's what I said in the second part of my post lol

stevejoe13
08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
They'll definately have a screenshot system in the editor mode like in all the others but why would a hired gun risking his life for money bring a camera and with his and pictures of the beautiful landscape?

Supreme_321
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Yay why wouldn't they put in a camera option (the disiners will never use it) because they have gone to Africa and took thousand of pictures alread to make this realistic as possible.

BlitzQuick
08-21-2008, 06:11 PM
i like that

Supreme_321
08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
WE just need a comfermation on this topic.

TheMongooseDog
08-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Well since it's just something I came up with and hoped the devs might see and like, I don't think there's anything to really confirm, since no dev has ever said it's a possibility as far as I know.

But I do agree with the point that maybe the devs might be inclined to include the feature based on their own experiences taking photographs in Africa.

Fedaykin552
08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
That sounds fun, take a picture of someone just before you hack them to peices with the machette

I don't think the Halo 3 camera wouldn't work because that is used with individual parts of the game (mission 1, theater, take picture, then can go back to campaign or whatever.) I liked how you could get different angles, etc. With this it would probably end up more like the BFBC cam. unless ubi puts in a replay mode.