PDA

View Full Version : Rediculous

aca20032
01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a GeForce 6800GT so I'm sure a lot of this is related to it, but here's the scoop.

My first try I could play fine on full quality until reaching the ship, after that it crashed EVERYWHERE. While I was walking, while I was loading, in the middle of movies...most of the time it just went black and my screen stopped responding (the light turned orange) forcing me to cold boot my PC.

I was able to complete the game by turning everything to low, walking past points where this happened, and then turning it back up - but it happens so often it's terrible. I read some posts and tried reverting drivers to 84.21 as well as keeping textures on medium - but no go. I just tried again to be sure and it wouldn't even load, giving me a "memory could not be "read"" error.

I have also tried GRAW from Ubisoft which I had to change an nvidia setting (max frames to render ahead) to make it stop crashing, and I tried Double Agent which now wont even run and gives some stupid *** "make sure there is enough room in EchelonPlayerStart" error, for which ubisoft support has no answer. I am fed up with these games and ubisoft and really want to play.

I have 2 gigs of ram and a HT 3.6 GHZ p4, does ANYONE have a solution to this problem with Dark Messiah?

aca20032
01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a GeForce 6800GT so I'm sure a lot of this is related to it, but here's the scoop.

My first try I could play fine on full quality until reaching the ship, after that it crashed EVERYWHERE. While I was walking, while I was loading, in the middle of movies...most of the time it just went black and my screen stopped responding (the light turned orange) forcing me to cold boot my PC.

I was able to complete the game by turning everything to low, walking past points where this happened, and then turning it back up - but it happens so often it's terrible. I read some posts and tried reverting drivers to 84.21 as well as keeping textures on medium - but no go. I just tried again to be sure and it wouldn't even load, giving me a "memory could not be "read"" error.

I have also tried GRAW from Ubisoft which I had to change an nvidia setting (max frames to render ahead) to make it stop crashing, and I tried Double Agent which now wont even run and gives some stupid *** "make sure there is enough room in EchelonPlayerStart" error, for which ubisoft support has no answer. I am fed up with these games and ubisoft and really want to play.

I have 2 gigs of ram and a HT 3.6 GHZ p4, does ANYONE have a solution to this problem with Dark Messiah?

njnyposp
01-27-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.tweakguides.com/DMOMM_1.html

Take a look here and maybe you can find what you need.

aca20032
01-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, it's certainly detailed, but all that really is is "settings and the source engine for dumbies"...and the only link I wanted, "official fixes", is broken.