PDA

View Full Version : "Push and key to begin"--->CRASH!

brandonscampbel
12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
The game has ran fine for the last two days. Today I reached a save point in the game and it said "unable to save" then crashed 10 seconds later. Now, the game will load to the opening screen where your overlooking Las Vegas, where the screen reads "Press any key to begin" But as soon as I press a key, it crashes and i'm left staring at my desktop. I tried reboot and reinstall. Nothing is working! Any Ideas?

Dell E510 P4,3.0Ghz,XP,1G RAM,Radeon X1600,the game is patched.

Sc0rpi0n73
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
OMG. Exact same chaim of events here. I got to the save just before you have to save teh hosties who are going to be killed on tv. Unable to save it tells me. Keep playing... then freeze. Hard shut down, reboot, restart game, press any key, Boom! Wow there's my desktop. Hi, Hair.

Sc0rpi0n73
12-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Strangely enough, I too have the E510 dell, only mine is dual core 2.66, and I upgraded my graphics card to a x1950pro. What are the odds this is a computer problem. Hello again, hair, and thanks for checking and trying to help me.

brandonscampbel
12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, that the EXACT point in the game where mine did it. It freezes as soon as you get to the waypoint on top of the stage. ITS SO FRUSTRATING! It can't be our computers....can it?

Sc0rpi0n73
12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Dude. that we had the same problem, that it happened in the exact same place, and that our computers are the same is weird.

Sc0rpi0n73
12-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey, man I figured out how to make it work again!!!!

1 Uninstall the game. Say yes when it asks you if you want to delete saves and whatnot.

2 Go to the start menu on your computer. click run and type regedit.

3 click on my computer at the top of list displayed after you submit the regedit command, and then click edit in the toolbar. Then click find and in the find window type ubisoft.

4 Delete all the registries for ubisoft.

5 close all windows

6 click start. then my do***ents. In there you will find one last ubisoft folder. Delete this bad boy. Reinstall the game, update with the patches. Installing 1.01 and then 1.02, not just 1.02. Start the game and...PLAY!!!!!!

Sc0rpi0n73
12-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I dont know why it filtered out do***ents but the folder you need is (I am spacing so you can see it and it won't get filtered)

My D. o. c. u. m. e. n. t. s.>>> In the start menu.

brandonscampbel
12-23-2006, 05:12 PM
on my computer at the top of list displayed after you submit the regedit command, and then click edit in the toolbar. Then click find and in the find window type ubisoft.

FABULOUS! Now we just have to pray that it doesn't happen again. THANKS!

Sc0rpi0n73
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I take it then that it worked? I am glad. I was so happy when I was able to get past the press any key screen.

I was not gonna give up...The game cost $50. I don't have that to throw away! I still get the occasional crash to desktop, but nothing show stopping. i am glad it worked for you. Now we pray for patch version 1.03 to be released soon.

Merry Christmas, dude. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif