PDA

View Full Version : No session in your simulation category?

JTS_812
11-23-2011, 01:06 PM
okay, I launch to play a match of DM...it doesn't automatically put me in a ongoing match(which is weird because it almost always does it). Anyway I start getting people joining my lobby, it fills up quick and instead of launching at 4/4(like normal) it allows it to continue till 8/8...I'm all for that, but then it still doesn't launch. I see the names I see people come in go all the while having plenty enough people to start a match yet it doesn't.

Eventually it throws me out of the lobby and get a message that says "No session was found in this simulation category. Please start a search in a new simulation category or return to the main menu." This has happened to me numerous times now and I don't get it. Clearly there are people to be found I've been 8/8 multiple times...has anyone else had this problem? Its extremely annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Edit: I also copy'd and pasted this in the bugs and glitches thread, as I'm sure a mod would have come to tell me to anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

berm87
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
it's possible that it's your connection. anything other than a nat type 1 will give you matchmaking issues. i've had all three and know this from experience.

other than that, the game will occasionally add players to a lobby and not start the game. it's a glitch. it happened in brotherhood as well. if nothing happens after about ten seconds of waiting--with enough players to start a match--it's a good indication that you should leave and try again.

JTS_812
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I get matches pretty easily usually, I doubt it's my connection I have good upload speed and my NAT is (now) orange, which isn't great but its fine

I have noticed it's only really been happening when I try to launch DM

E-Zekiel
11-23-2011, 01:19 PM
It happens when there are connection issues, and it seems it only tries x amount of times before just giving you that message and you have to try again.

I tried joining some game type...wanna say manhunt...last night. Put me in one session, and basically the session needed ONE more person to start. It eventually just gave up and put me in a new session. Which was...the same session. And it did this 3 times before saying 'no sessions available'. It's like...there was one right there that needed one more player...c'mon, just leave me in it, lol.

Anyway, yeah. Connectivity is a factor. It's not always just YOU, it's a number of factors, and people underestimate how many variables there are heh.

berm87
11-23-2011, 01:19 PM
i've been having the exact same issue, even on nat type 1. i haven't bothered to check and see if it's only during 'high traffic' times or not though.

gitsum77
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Same here, JTS. Only on DM. My NAT is green and I still can't get in...

One thing I've noticed does work (for me) is if I accept a friends dare for DM it always gets me a game...

E-Zekiel
11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by gitsum77:
Same here, JTS. Only on DM. My NAT is green and I still can't get in...

One thing I've noticed does work (for me) is if I accept a friends dare for DM it always gets me a game...

I've been using this to get out of lobbies I no longer want to be in, but that no longer have a "leave" option prior to launching http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif