PDA

View Full Version : Bloodline confusion

Destined299
12-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Desmond's father William Miles states that he can't use the apple because he has no genes that relate to altair or ezio..

Okay, so Ubi is saying that Desmonds mother is the one that has bloodlines with ezio and altair? If that's the case, then how come Abstergo didn't go after her?

YuurHeen
12-24-2011, 03:04 AM
maybe she is already dead? and william is the leader of the assassins.

Destined299
12-24-2011, 03:30 AM
So nothing has been confirmed about that?

LightRey
12-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Could be neither of them have the right genes. Desmond has an unusually high TWCB gene count, which could mean he simply got lucky and he got just enough from both his parents, making him more special than either of them.

YuurHeen
12-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Could be neither of them have the right genes. Desmond has an unusually high TWCB gene count, which could mean he simply got lucky and he got just enough from both his parents, making him more special than either of them.

i kinda have to disagree with you there. if william indeed says he does not have a connection to altair and ezio then his mother has to have both. meaning she could also use both apples.
twcb gene count does not have much to do with that.
now to say that both parents dont have much twcb genes is kinda wrong too. they have to have at least half of what desmond has. then he still needs to be extremely lucky to have what he has so it is more likely they both have more than half. With desmond have unusually high amounts i kinda have to say his parents aswell have high amounts. maybe not as much but stil high above average.

LightRey
12-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

i kinda have to disagree with you there. if william indeed says he does not have a connection to altair and ezio then his mother has to have both. meaning she could also use both apples.
now to say that both parents dont have much twcb genes is kinda wrong too. they have to have at least half of what desmond has. then he still needs to be extremely lucky to have what he has so it is more likely they both have more than half. With desmond have unusually high amounts i kinda have to say his parents aswell have high amounts. maybe not as much but stil high above average. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But that's not what he said. William didn't even mention either of them. He said he "didn't have the right genes" and later on he explains that Desmond has an unusually high concentration of TWCB DNA.

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2011, 04:45 AM
if I'm not wrong, he only said he didn't have the "right genes", this doesn't mean he isn't related to Altair or Ezio, I believe it's because the TWCB genes are recessive on him while they're dominant on Desmond, the same probably happens with Desmond's mother, she has the genes (from Altair OR Ezio) but they aren't dominant genes...

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YuurHeen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

now to say that both parents dont have much twcb genes is kinda wrong too. they have to have at least half of what desmond has. then he still needs to be extremely lucky to have what he has so it is more likely they both have more than half. With desmond have unusually high amounts i kinda have to say his parents aswell have high amounts. maybe not as much but stil high above average. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But that's not what he said. William didn't even mention either of them. He said he "didn't have the right genes" and later on he explains that Desmond has an unusually high concentration of TWCB DNA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond is special because the bloodlines of Ezio and Altair meet in the conception of desmond, through his mother and father, so although both parents have TWCB genes, it`s Desmond who ultimately has the most genes..

Gil_217
12-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YuurHeen:

But that's not what he said. William didn't even mention either of them. He said he "didn't have the right genes" and later on he explains that Desmond has an unusually high concentration of TWCB DNA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond is special because the bloodlines of Ezio and Altair meet in the conception of desmond, through his mother and father, so although both parents have TWCB genes, it`s Desmond who ultimately has the most genes.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This

GLHS
12-24-2011, 04:57 AM
The relations don't come from blood. That's Ezio and Altair are both ancestors of Desmond, but are not related in any form themselves. Some people can awaken the gene that allows Eagle Vision and such, and some people can't. But all humans have the potential. That's why most Assassin's don't actually have Eagle Vision, but some (Ezio, Altair, etc.) do.

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2011, 05:27 AM
I think this image explain this situation very well:

1. consider "r" TWCB genes;
2. the red person is Desmond;

http://manage.nutricia.com/images/blog-images/recessive.jpg

LightRey
12-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I think this image explain this situation very well:

1. consider "r" TWCB genes;
2. the red person is Desmond;

http://manage.nutricia.com/images/blog-images/recessive.jpg
Basically this.

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by GLHS:
The relations don't come from blood. That's Ezio and Altair are both ancestors of Desmond, but are not related in any form themselves. Some people can awaken the gene that allows Eagle Vision and such, and some people can't. But all humans have the potential. That's why most Assassin's don't actually have Eagle Vision, but some (Ezio, Altair, etc.) do.
That is exactly why Des is special, everyone can unlock eagle vision, but only Desmond can efficiently use the POEs due to his Unique Ancestry..

Destined299
12-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Okay, that brings me to my next question. If desmond is pretty much the only person who can use the apple, then why are the templars even bothering to try and retrieve them?

LightRey
12-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Destined299:
Okay, that brings me to my next question. If desmond is pretty much the only person who can use the apple, then why are the templars even bothering to try and retrieve them?
He's not. He's "one in 10 million" according to William. Either way the Apples can be used by regular people, just not effectively or without going insane (like Savonarola).

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Because they`r stupid..
I mean they had one already, and It effed them up and was destroyed.

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2011, 08:02 AM

maybe to not give the chance to the Assassins to use the PoEs against them..