PDA

View Full Version : Is renown cumulative ?

flybyil
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I just finished my 4th patrol on career mode and after every patrol I've gained renown of which I've spent all that I could.

Is renown cumulative or do I loose that unused, left-over part of renown?

What happens if I don't spend any renown and start a new patrol. Do I loose the unused, first renown or do I have 2 x renown after two patrols?

flybyil
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I just finished my 4th patrol on career mode and after every patrol I've gained renown of which I've spent all that I could.

Is renown cumulative or do I loose that unused, left-over part of renown?

What happens if I don't spend any renown and start a new patrol. Do I loose the unused, first renown or do I have 2 x renown after two patrols?

VikingGrandad
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi flybyil

Renown is cumulative - you don't have to spend it after every patrol! In fact, you should try to save as much renown as you can to get the best upgrades, or a new U-boat type, as they become available.

Check out this page in the SH3 Community Manual, which explains all you need to know about renown:

Renown page in the Community Manual (http://www.mysh3.info/shiii/index.php?title=Renown)

I hope that helps! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tuddley3
01-26-2008, 01:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flybyil:
Do I loose the unused, first renown or do I have 2 x renown after two patrols? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every patrol is different. The amount of renown is based on what you have sunk and whether or not you finished the patrol objective. You can see the Renown Value of each ship in the Rec Manual.

Also, make sure to sail back to port(at least 30km of base) to receive full renown. You will notice you are close enough to Exit Patrol if you have the option to "Dock At", not "Return To Base". I am not positive, but if you choose "Return To Base", I think you loose some precious Renown.

CoM1962
02-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Hi, I'm new to SHIII and have plenty of questions: First is: When in base, how can I actually upgrade my boat and/or weapons. I have enough renown but can't seem to actually do it. Any help would be appreciated. Tx, CoM