PDA

View Full Version : A personal best last night

chthulhuftaghn
06-17-2011, 12:48 PM
This is probably something most of you Superpros can do in your sleep. But for someone like me, its the best I can muster.

Last night I played somewhat determined. And aggressive. Again, I have been a turtle most of the time. Anyway I came in first place 2 matches in a row on Wanted. That's all I ever play.

4500 some the first round, 5200ish the second round.

I usually get about 4 stuns per game which if I can do that seems to pay dividends

But more importantly i have adjusted my style so that I make sure I am not the only persona in the vicinity of my target. I try not to be conspicuous. It's too obvious to be the only persona approaching your target. In most cases at least.

I find myself making sure I blend in with a crowd that are walking towards my target or mix in with single personas. Especially when going around corners or up/down stairs. It's too obvious to be the first persona coming around the corner.

I can't always do this. Sometimes you do end up the only persona approaching your target but I try not to be obvious about it.

I also make sure my persona walks on an angle and never in a straight line. I also do the stop and turn around like the AI does. And I try to do that stop and slow walk into a standing crowd though not very good at it.

But I think the main thing I have found to be working is to KEEP MOVING. And keep moving between groups not only to leave a blend copy behind but to act like the AI and to break potential locks.

So I still have room to improve but I definitely enjoy being more active and aggressive.

MonsterJunkese
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Congratulations

Zoidberg747
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Keep playing and you will see your scores shoot up!

CerealAssassin
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
i was very much the same, turtled around for a while and once i got more aggressive in my style my scores shot up too.

MonsterJunkese
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Yep use disguise and poison with wallrunner and AWLAYS go for targets, while if you have 3 persurers, try to hide and get a sneaky stun.

obliviondoll
06-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by chthulhuftaghn:
And keep moving between groups not only to leave a blend copy behind but to act like the AI and to break potential locks.
The bit in bold doesn't work.

Blender-changed personas change back the next time it triggers.

When you next join a blend group and it activates, watch that group when you move to the next one, you'll see the person change back. If you know your pursuer's watching the group, though, it can make it look like you just hit Disguise, and lose your hunter really quickly if you time it right, though... I've used that deliberately a few times to trick people, and accidentally quite a few more.

PlasticAssasin8
06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice work.
I'm the opposite, the more I try the worse I am getting