PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer problem or just a lack of US Servers?

reload2000
03-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Ok guys,

I've had this game for over a week now and I have yet to see or play on any US Servers. All I see is German or UK servers with pings no lower than 300!!! And when I try to join one of those they kick me! They kick me and say only germans allowed! WTF? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Is their something wrong with my copy that im only seeing these or is their a big lack of US residence who own this game and play online?

AM I THE ONLY ONE FROM THE US WHO FREAKIN PURCHASED THIS GAME OR SOMETHING?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Is their some type of other meeting place you guys play on other than the ingame browser which i use?

Please help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Tikigod78
03-26-2005, 08:11 PM
You only see servers of people that are starting games. Once a game starts the server disappears. But, there are alot of people playing from U.S. I noticed its about half and half during the times I have played. Its just alot of people are password protecting their servers. This is the main problem I am coming across. So, you might have to wait a bit.

Also maybe people aren't that interested in the multiplayer aspects of the game. Especially with the buggy interface. I find the campaigns alot more challenging than the multiplayer. I mean people want to hunt...not be spoonfed convoys...I think its the campign feature that makes this game. If they didn't have the campaign feature I think this product would have bombed.

Pinpoint2RHh
03-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Your not the only one in the US with SHIII. I run a server and we typicaly password it. There are a few reasons why we do this, its obviously to keep people out, as we are planning tactics, and with each Generated mission its diffrent every time.

My squadron uses voice comunications, and we typicaly work out where we are at, once the game starts, as when your in the game, there is no icon that shows who is who. So we get set up on the Navigation chart and call out where we are at, and who sees what first.

Some people want to play at 100% hard core, and others are still learning the game. So it matters case by case, but perhaps its a good idea to join a Squad/Clan and play with them. It helps when you can use a voice comunications server as well, because that helps coordinate the attacks better. Some might call that cheating, but hey its a fact, people talk. And since people have limited time when online, we also limit the games to 60 Minutes. Some people don't know the rules, and we try to work as a Wolfpack, so that why I usualy Password off the server. Simply because most new online players don't know whats up.

Hope that helps you to understand why your not seeing many games that are open to the public.

Pin

SS.DJSatane
03-27-2005, 08:42 AM
The reason you don't see that many people is because most people who bought this game who try to play multiplayer will realize they cannot ever click in ready/ok button, will get discouraged thinking its their firewall/router/connection and never try it again. They will never realize what they missing. Sure there are tricks to get it working on ready up, but unless new person is told in detail what to do and his pc is not messed up by fast alt-tabbing it wont happen.

I have 4 friends who bought the game and 3 of them usually take 5-10 minutes alt tabbing rejoining my hosted game before finally getting ready up button working. However, my 4th friend ryan couldnt get ready button working at all so far and was unable to play with us for 4th day straight. I keep telling him "I am sure the fix for this is coming today, they cannot ignore such a problem" but so far it never came...