PDA

View Full Version : Looks identical to ROAN?

Js5690
09-26-2008, 11:52 PM
from the vids ive seen to far BB looks very similar to ROAN, am i the only one who thinks this?

agent2800
09-27-2008, 12:20 AM
no you aren't sadly i agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

dranzor5
09-27-2008, 01:22 AM
I also agree the only new things i saw was the"new" rage meter and maybe 1 or 2 new combo's for characters that is all

PACHACO
09-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I am a little disappointed with the new vids. Seems not much has changed in the combos. The character selection screen seems to offer more than 25 slots. Wasn't happy about the rage mode didn't look that great, all the same cutscenes and all characters had same color. Im not to sure i like the hole to chakra bars. Seems the rage bar is for jutsus as well. Must mean the top bar is for substitutions only. Im not to sure if i like that. IMO it seems like the roan we should have got to begin with. I need to see more improvements/add-ons to buy a sequel. At least right on release.

akakaji
09-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Judging from the new lee vs neji fight, the animation looks a lot smoother. And the fighting is a little bit more 3D like.

But everything else is just sad. I thought the fighting was improved more than that.

chichio
09-27-2008, 06:15 AM
ye i dont like the rage bar jutsu thing either

Vantanabanana
09-27-2008, 06:24 AM
hmm.. thats strange ... on the e3 trailer the fight vs the bandits and kabuto these fight looks awesome but the vid from paris is like roan i like that but the first game play video make me feel like in naruto but on the fighting system on this vid. i see only roan with an rage update .. bäääääää

but ok i buy it im anyhow only want tbb for the story !!!!!!!!!!!

dneji
09-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by PACHACO:
I am a little disappointed with the new vids. Seems not much has changed in the combos. The character selection screen seems to offer more than 25 slots. Wasn't happy about the rage mode didn't look that great, all the same cutscenes and all characters had same color. Im not to sure i like the hole to chakra bars. Seems the rage bar is for jutsus as well. Must mean the top bar is for substitutions only. Im not to sure if i like that. IMO it seems like the roan we should have got to begin with. I need to see more improvements/add-ons to buy a sequel. At least right on release. sorry but ur right they said nique combos,grabs and i dint enough of a chance to look at the chakra bar to notice if we'd have the same problem as roan

daquan3000
09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
I wish people would stop complaining about the graphics I meen what is the game suppose to look like "Real life" I just don't understand how much detail can you put in a game that is hand drawn and for one its a ******* cartoon not DOA,SF,or SC4

chichio
09-27-2008, 08:33 AM
it does look alot like ROAN and tht kindo sux and the new jutsu thing is kinda stupid

angelblade1029
09-27-2008, 09:03 AM
i actually really like the concept of having to land hits on your opponent in order to do jutsus, its not true to the anime but it will make online a lot better, and a lot less cheap

i thought the fighting animation was a lot smoother like that other guy said, but sadly i only saw a few new combos.

honestly, though, i think this game will be a lot better than roan. no disconnecting, the concept of having to work for the rage mode, transformations, 15 hrs first play-through, new combos (some characters have more than others), new jutsus, tag team offline and online, sasuke's side story, better graphics and better models (whether or not you think the models are up to par, they are still better than roan's), epic boss battles, most likely on-water stages, a chance of on-wall stages, a hell of a lot more characters, a lot larger stages, NO CHAKRA CONCENTRATION!!! (we believe), in-game jutsus, byakugan for neji!!!, and one of, if not THE coolest arc in naruto so far: the sasuke-retrieval arc. that arc opens up so many possibilities: shadow strangle (shika), full expansion (Choji), garuuga (kiba), 128 palms (neji), black chidori + cs2 sasuke, otk naruto, the sound 5, and gaara's sand tsunami into giant sand burial

thats really a lot of things when you put it into that perspective, and all i can say is that i'm really excited for this game

Js5690
09-27-2008, 09:07 AM
even the rage mode animations looks EXACTLY the same as ROAN...im very dissapointed =\

angelblade1029
09-27-2008, 09:13 AM
not nejis, its the same concept but with the better model and graphics, and i think rock lee's is the same (same concept but with better graphics) we wont really know, though, because these vids we get over the internet arent in very good quality due to a: the person using a personal video camera and b: uploading it onto the internet def takes away some of the quality (unless you hack)....(or just have the right programs) so we wont know how good the graphics are until we see them in person

agent2800
09-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by daquan3000:
I wish people would stop complaining about the graphics I meen what is the game suppose to look like "Real life" I just don't understand how much detail can you put in a game that is hand drawn and for one its a ******* cartoon not DOA,SF,or SC4
YOU'RE KIDDING me RIGHT!?
when the system can do so much better
than yeah why are the graphics so crappy?
we had 2 wait until the second game 2 even see
the characters mouths move how pathetic! the graphics aren't supposed 2 look real but they should at least look like the anime! there not
mushing the hardware it looks like they just recycled character models from roan! if u really think the graphics are at there peak and they
look better than roan u must be blind! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

travosty
09-27-2008, 10:24 AM
we should not complain that much because it says it still a work in progress and ubi might change some things

daquan3000
09-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by agent2800:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daquan3000:
YOU'RE KIDDING me RIGHT!?
when the system can do so much better
than yeah why are the graphics so crappy?
we had 2 wait until the second game 2 even see
the characters mouths move how pathetic! the graphics aren't supposed 2 look real but they should at least look like the anime! there not
mushing the hardware it looks like they just recycled character models from roan! if u really think the graphics are at there peak and they
look better than roan u must be blind! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I never said the graphics are at there peak and I never said anything about characters animations (Dont put words in my mouth)and yeah the character models might look the same but I am sure Ubi added some distinct changes to them in the final project but I i really said was that the graphics look good in the first one so why change it ( A whole lot) cause if you look at GOW2 the graphics look different and more vibrant and so does TBB cause if its not broken then don't fix it just make the little changes that count

KristKP
09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't see why people are complaining. I'll try and address the concerns one at a time, you don't have to agree but these are my opinions and theories which can be wrong.

The first - the rage bar. What this allows is to stop people from spamming jutsus. You first have to fill up the bar to get progressively more powerful jutsu. I assume when you use one, the rage bar will drop down to either nothing, or a smaller amount than before.

Also, it allows the player a strategic choice, on whether to try and beat the opponent quickly with jutsu, or try to survive, fill the bar and transform.

I believe that they put the rage modes from ROAN as an example, it was a demo used to show the fighting system. It has already been said that jutsus weren't active in the demo, so this is what I believe about rage modes. I could be wrong, but I still think it's just an example.

Now, about the combos, I don't see why they should fix something that wasn't broken. Neji's moves in ROAN look and feel exactly like Neji. I would have liked extra combos added, maybe he does. The poeple playing the demo didn't seem to have any skill and didn't use all combonations. Sarutobi is fine in this - he was overpowered in ROAN, but with averaged health, chakra and strength, there can be a fair fight. And no more spamming mud river.

The graphics? Are you guys kidding me? Why complain about this? I mean, yeah, it's not as good as it could be, but why does that matter? Look at Path of a Ninja and the old GBA games. I honestly don't care, now that they blink, have facial expressions, and move their mouth when they talk - that's all I really care about. Graphics are a bonus, and should not be what sells the game.

I liked the ROAN fighting system, it just lacked balance - what this is adding tenfold. I see that as improvement enough, on top of extended (and 2) story mode(s) that last a minimum of apparently 15 hours, 70 enemy models, what looks like 30 playable characters, tag team matches, online modes, transformations, I like how this game is coming.

Sure, maybe it is just a bad sequel, but let's wait for it to be released first. It's a work in progress.

daquan3000
09-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KristKP:
I don't see why people are complaining. I'll try and address the concerns one at a time, you don't have to agree but these are my opinions and theories which can be wrong.

The first - the rage bar. What this allows is to stop people from spamming jutsus. You first have to fill up the bar to get progressively more powerful jutsu. I assume when you use one, the rage bar will drop down to either nothing, or a smaller amount than before.

Also, it allows the player a strategic choice, on whether to try and beat the opponent quickly with jutsu, or try to survive, fill the bar and transform.

I believe that they put the rage modes from ROAN as an example, it was a demo used to show the fighting system. It has already been said that jutsus weren't active in the demo, so this is what I believe about rage modes. I could be wrong, but I still think it's just an example.

Now, about the combos, I don't see why they should fix something that wasn't broken. Neji's moves in ROAN look and feel exactly like Neji. I would have liked extra combos added, maybe he does. The poeple playing the demo didn't seem to have any skill and didn't use all combonations. Sarutobi is fine in this - he was overpowered in ROAN, but with averaged health, chakra and strength, there can be a fair fight. And no more spamming mud river.

The graphics? Are you guys kidding me? Why complain about this? I mean, yeah, it's not as good as it could be, but why does that matter? Look at Path of a Ninja and the old GBA games. I honestly don't care, now that they blink, have facial expressions, and move their mouth when they talk - that's all I really care about. Graphics are a bonus, and should not be what sells the game.

I liked the ROAN fighting system, it just lacked balance - what this is adding tenfold. I see that as improvement enough, on top of extended (and 2) story mode(s) that last a minimum of apparently 15 hours, 70 enemy models, what looks like 30 playable characters, tag team matches, online modes, transformations, I like how this game is coming.

Sure, maybe it is just a bad sequel, but let's wait for it to be released first. It's a work in progress. The graphics? Are you guys kidding me? Why complain about this? I mean, yeah, it's not as good as it could be, but why does that matter? Look at Path of a Ninja and the old GBA games. I honestly don't care, now that they blink, have facial expressions, and move their mouth when they talk - that's all I really care about. Graphics are a bonus, and should not be what sells the game. THANK YOU

xNWHxWARxROCKx
09-27-2008, 01:31 PM
**** graphics just make transformations

PACHACO
09-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I just thought about how this game basically only allows you to do either a jutsu or rage/transformation. Why are they doing this. I understand they wanted to get rid of jutsu spamming but they could have just made it harder to charge or longer. I am still confused on this what is the point for each jutsu to have three levels if you can only do them at certain times(bar filled enough). And people were complaining about NUNS having only one jutsu besides the ougis. Its basically the same for BB unless its 2 on 1. You wont even have the time to do 2 jutsu in a match. Maybe if you fill the bar up and do the first available jutsu twice. Transformations are gonna be short and pointless also. If you have to do damage to build your bar then your opponent will be basically dead when you transform. IDK this game is looking to be a fail IMO

KristKP
09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
It's not hard to fill the bar up, the guy got his on his first combo.

xNWHxWARxROCKx
09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
well imagine dat rage mode spam but at least its harder to get den just dyin

Vantanabanana
09-27-2008, 03:07 PM
agent2800 <--- you are stupid YOU ARE BLIND the tbb GRAFIK IS MUCH BEETER THEn Roan -.- ARGH only naruto is not so good but only the head his hair ONLY THIS and the hidden leafe village is so cool look on the trailer stop the trailer and look any areas and you see the village is destroyed and the details are better ...

when anyone need a game with real naruto anime grafik go buy ps 3and nuns -.-.. when anyone want to have a really fungame online and offline than have fun with your 360 and buy tbb ^^

nickthegoon13
09-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Vantanabanana:
agent2800 <--- you are stupid YOU ARE BLIND the tbb GRAFIK IS MUCH BEETER THEn Roan -.- ARGH only naruto is not so good but only the head his hair ONLY THIS and the hidden leafe village is so cool look on the trailer stop the trailer and look any areas and you see the village is destroyed and the details are better ...

when anyone need a game with real naruto anime grafik go buy ps 3and nuns -.-.. when anyone want to have a really fungame online and offline than have fun with your 360 and buy tbb ^^

are you the guy that was in my clan from mexico forgot your name but you laughed like jajajajajaja

EAzy-bbr
09-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by KristKP:

Sure, maybe it is just a bad sequel, but let's wait for it to be released first. It's a work in progress.

dude have i ever told you what a time/stress saver you are, before you came back active i was stuck all alone with this pit full of idiots, i would have to explain every little thing since Ubisoft seem like they dont give a ish, good work, and why is it that me you and ninjaxx are the only ones who seems to see beyond the beyond. Im not saying were right, but its more than likely that our theory is right

Vantanabanana
09-28-2008, 12:48 PM
nickthegoon13 <--- No? o.O ??? wtF ?? xD

byakuya2008
09-28-2008, 03:15 PM
all they need is more combos and intense realtime jutsu's not the minigame type

nickthegoon13
09-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Vantanabanana:
nickthegoon13 <--- No? o.O ??? wtF ?? xD

oh haha sorry just remembered his name was Vibrahtlovesoul lmfao sorry ha