PDA

View Full Version : Could there ever be a joint Rainbow Six & Splinter Cell storyline?

RawKryptonite
04-16-2006, 04:30 PM
As in both games, released simulataneously that share a storyline. Maybe even involve Ghost Recon?

Each game could be played independantly, but each mission on one leads to the next mission on the other game. That enables some sort of lead or info for the first game and back and forth. You could play each game independantly, or if you own each game, play a mission on one, go to the other to directly continue the storyline, then back to the other after that mission was over if you wanted to do it that way.
Kind of how SC campaign and co-op had a little tie in, occured at the same time, whatever.

Sam Fisher on a mission finds out about a terrorist plot, finishes his mission...Rainbow heads in to take down terrorists, captures one who spills the beans about some terrorist training compound where Ghost Recon happens to be, they go in to take them down...more info comes up and feeds the story further...

Would take a lot of cooperation, a lot of quality control and a really good storyline to pull it off, but it would be nice to have the 3 best titles in gaming working together. Would also be an extra incentive for people to own all 3.

Third Echelon and Rainbow are both black ops, just that Rainbow is international, Third Ech is not. Ghost could be worked in due to being in the right place at the right time.
Would make for a really engrossing gaming experience for those who actually like to play out the story, not just finish a mission without thought.

(Yeah, this is a double post since it's in the Rainbow Vegas forum too, but I thought I'd share the idea here too.)

FlameNeog
04-16-2006, 07:44 PM
no. that would suck really bad.

fisher108
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
ya ive thought of that. i think it would be tight.

scorpio_11
04-16-2006, 08:01 PM
If thay make it one game and u can pic what story to go throw make it like 4 disc game disc 1 splinter cell's story line disc 2 ghoste recon story line disc 3 rainbow 6 story line and disc 4 online mode and some spllite screen but make it abut 100$ all the games fall to gether all ends meet the ultimate Tom Clancy Limited-Edition vido game for all hardecore Tom Clancy gamers

ROFL would be cool i would buy it ^ ^

Flash1087
04-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I'd be alright about it. I'm going to wind up buying each new GR, SC, and R6 game anyway, why not tie them all in?

Didn't Ubisoft try very vaguely to tie GR2 and SCCT together, once?

RawKryptonite
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by scorpio_11:
If thay make it one game and u can pic what story to go throw make it like 4 disc game disc 1 splinter cell's story line disc 2 ghoste recon story line disc 3 rainbow 6 story line and disc 4 online mode and some spllite screen but make it abut 100$ all the games fall to gether all ends meet the ultimate Tom Clancy Limited-Edition vido game for all hardecore Tom Clancy gamers

ROFL would be cool i would buy it ^ ^

That would be nice. If it could still be sold as individual games though, that would get the sales numbers since it could just be the next installment of each series. Even if not playing all of them simutaneously, it would be fun to have the references to the other game lines. Would also add replay value to those buying the games at different intervals. Replay the whole thing to get more out of the game(s) you already have when you buy the other "chapters". Putting it together as a "box set", however, would be really nice. Especially if it would be a little cheaper than buying them individually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Vth_F_Smith_
04-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Flash1087:
Didn't Ubisoft try very vaguely to tie GR2 and SCCT together, once? Yep. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scorpio_11
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
thay did, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif what was the game abut? was it good?

SplintacellDA
04-16-2006, 11:54 PM
how many of these posts are there gonna be!!!!

Garrulous
04-17-2006, 02:19 AM
There should be a GR, R6, SC, tied together with FC, PoP, BG&E, and HoMM http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Surlyduff50
04-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Could there ever be a joint Rainbow Six & Splinter Cell storyline?
NO!

capteenix
04-17-2006, 08:33 AM
thata like to connect people an dog, paper nd rock...etc in no way, they are so different worlds too. In one there was a war, in other same year was a peace...no..i already sayd it....no, get off from me...no ...no...NO!

Calgar999
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
I'd personally love to see a tom clancy unified storyline, featuring splinter ceell,rainbow six and ghost recon. All in one game would be excellent but would be too expensive and might not go down well with general public. However three different games revovling around the same storyline would make the plot far deeper.A common crticism of tom clancy game storylines is that they are not really that involving or orginal. It would be a huge project but one that would pay off. If only the guys at UBI agreed.

InfectedAss
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Team rainbow should come in and exterminate the JBA at the end of DA

scorpio_11
04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by InfectedAss:
Team rainbow should come in and exterminate the JBA at the end of DA

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif LMAO that would be crazy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

RawKryptonite
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Calgar999:
I'd personally love to see a tom clancy unified storyline, featuring splinter ceell,rainbow six and ghost recon. All in one game would be excellent but would be too expensive and might not go down well with general public. However three different games revovling around the same storyline would make the plot far deeper.A common crticism of tom clancy game storylines is that they are not really that involving or orginal. It would be a huge project but one that would pay off. If only the guys at UBI agreed.

Not talking about in a single game. Really just a shared storyline from beginning to end. IF you wanted to play them in order, if you had all 3 games, you could do so. They wouldn't interact directly, they'd all be part of a bigger story, doing their part.
Here's how I tried to explain it in the other thread:

I'm not saying they would work DIRECTLY with each other, they wouldn't even have to be AWARE of each other.

Sam finds out that the person/corporation he's investigating is the head of some terrorist organization, who is planning a hit on some VIP in some European country. Sam goes on with the rest of his part of the storyline, which will again feed info to one or both of the other groups to deal with in their fashion. His intel is passed on to the country the guy is in, who mentions that guy has just been taken hostage with 20 other people in a bank. Rainbow is sent in to deal with it, since they're the most qualified. They capture 1 guy who slips about his tactical training by ___ (whoever), before being handed over to the local government. They report that info back, they're involvement is over for the time being. Ghost Recon is near that country now and assault the compound. None of the groups are aware of each other. Sam retrieved the initial intel. He doesn't know that Rainbow is the group handling that part of the mission, the hostage rescue, he's just told it's "in hand". Rainbow doesn't know that Ghost is being sent in to shut down the training compound with 100 evil-doers on site. They work together as part of an intelligence/assault network, not directly with each other, and all do their part that they are specialized to deal with. They don't even have to know about each other, since they're just doing their jobs. That way, the games can all be independant but all tie in neatly together and flesh out every aspect of a huge operation that's bigger than any ONE group.

It's not far fetched, just needs a good plot and storyline to carry it out.

They should all be independant games, just the next in each series released at the same time. Play one, or play all and run the campaigns in order. Sam to Rainbow to Ghost back to Sam's next mission, sets up Rainbow's next...etc. Not necessarily in the same 1,2,3 order, but trackable so you could do everything chronologically if you wanted to.

KevinStreet111
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM
It would only work if the three story lines were good enough to:

a) Work indipendantly, so you didn't wonder what had happened between one mission and another.

b) Work together.

I suppose it could work. At the end of a Splinter Cell mission, that news guy saying something like "and the remaining men were taken out by elite forces", that being a Rainbow mission. You never know.

RawKryptonite
11-28-2008, 03:22 PM
So anyone around here playing EndWar?

LOL
Couldn't resist, happened to remember this thread.

ERN456
11-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I heard it wasn't so good. Well it's UBI's first time with an RTS and the Tom Clancy Franchises haven't had a good game in a long time either.

RawKryptonite
11-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm LOVING Endwar, and that's just SP. Haven't tried MP yet.
There's hardly any Rainbow or SC in it, BTW, just a mention of them in briefings and on the background on the website.
If you ever played with those army men and tanks as a kid, you should love this game. The most "Clancy" game to come out in years, IMO. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheChaosTheory7
12-29-2008, 03:12 AM
possibility of fusing splinter cell with ghost recon and/or rainbow six is to late cause the devoplers walked sam fisher down a path that he cant come back from it went to awesome modern day ninja black op government agent ex navy seal guy to the fugitive double agent was kinda crapy in a couple diff ways cough cough multiplayer, anyway what can sam do after this lamberts dead, lame and fisher is suddenly known he does not exist what gives, i love splinter cell the first 3 but im not really looking foward to this conviction game it went to stealth to action wtf? double agent should of never happened,on the other hand Chaos theory is the best game ever made the hours ive spent on every inch of that game anyway it would of been cool to have a game intertwined like sam sneaks up on mitchell and they have a cool little fight maybe fall down stairs while their doing it. my brother and i have millions of ideas for this game but now its over cause double agent and the upcoming conviction if only we could go back in time and not do double agent after a super solid game like CT DA is a **** stain in the SC world but splinter cell is still my fav games no matter what happens i just with things would of been diff like you still work for the govt that was rad but o you guys know better then me. The world is small nasity and complacited and everybody dies alone!!!

RawKryptonite
03-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Another piece of this (very old now) puzzle.
Mentioned in Xplay that the new Splinter Cell will launch a storyline to be carried throughout the Clancy-verse.
Could we be getting close to this? Hope there's a Rainbow coming in the near future, preferably before Ghost Recon in the Fall, or at least not long after it.

kalle90
03-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Didn't Ubi talk about some huge Tom Clancy MMO styled game? Some people are Rainbows, some Ghost Recons, some Splinter Cells, some Hawx and some are even surveying and commanding people like EndWar. Like a war between 2 supernations

It sounded interesting, but now that all these games have lost the Tom Clancy touch it doesn't sound appealing anymore. It wouldn't be realistic or very tactical