PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Directions

PostMors
09-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Thank you for taking your time and reading this post.

I originally intended to write down a nice presentation of myself and all the reasons for which I'm making this post, but as the document got over 3000 words long, I thought it might not be appropriate to put all of it here. However, should you be interested in reading more, leave me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.

So, here's the situation: I've had an idea for a videogame and I've been developing it for quite a while now, trying to describe each feature in the smallest detail, along with how everything should work and how the players should be able to interact with each feature.

Right now most of the features seems pretty solid and I feel it's time to open the box and start talking about this idea with some real developers, in order to see if it's worth something.

Is it possible for a single man with an idea to stand up and turn it into a real game?
If no, is there some way to make it possible?
If yes, how?

Also, in order to do that I'd like to "protect" this idea. I know that the developement process whithin a company might change it radically, and I'm prepared for that, but it would be too much to be detached from the project.

How can I prevent a company from hearing about my idea, kicking me away and develop it on it's own?

For some time I've been thinking about the possibility of founding my own company, put a copyright mark on the project and then look for either investors or a large company to be absorbed by. But I have no idea about how those things work and that's why I'm asking for guidance.

I know I may sound naiive, but apparently google doesn't hold all the answers and this idea has grown too big to keep hidden.

In the end all I'm looking for is a chance, to discuss about this project in the safest of ways and see i it's possible to turn this mountain of notes, drawings, formulas and explanations into a full fledged game.

Thank you again for your time and thanks in advance for any reply this post is going to recive. I hope this could be the start of a nice, constructive discussion.

Regards
Aspiring Developer
Eseth

P.S.: My english is not perfect, I apologize for any spelling or grammatical mistakes that might be present in the document.

Tully__
09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
There's some good information in http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1054957/m/9001049477 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4811054957/m/9001049477)
Read right through the whole thread, there're some posts about independant development.

PostMors
09-03-2011, 05:19 AM
You're awesome, thank you. ^^