PDA

View Full Version : Where art thou co-op

AirBoy1952
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
whoa is me, i want my co-op
co-op is dead -i love co-op, but nobody is playing,
if there are servers, they are passworded so disapointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
lets all bow our heads..
now i lay me down to sleep i pray to grin co-op to keep if i don't play before i wake ,i pray to grin
dedicated co-op servers next week ,muhahahah http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Sleepdoc-iBeta
07-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Now ye must venture out my son as has thy brothers before thee, assemble thy friends and join tribes and then do as thou fathers have done before thee. Schedule get togethers with people you know, hook up on voice cooms and kick some holy arse.

At this point, grabbing games on the fly is pretty much hopeless. But meeting folks online, voicing with them on their clan servers to stengthen the relationship and then setting up games with them directly is the only way to go. I password all my games and just do it with buddies.

Maybe after the promised patches, things will come back into shape for the random pick up games. but for now, establishng direct freidnships and relationships and then starting games with the poeple already assembled in voice comms is the only way to go.

Sleepdoc

sofbear
07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Me and a couple of buddies play coop all the time. The big problem is that there is no way to communicate. We use teamspeak which adds a whole new level of fun to the game. Without it coop would be just a night of frustration.

I also hated Lockdown but now with teamspeak that is ok too coop.

What I really wish is that UBI would get the bugs fixed that exist in the coop maps that came out with the big patch. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to "the big antennae only to have the game crash my to a hard restart.

The lack of respawn isn't the end of the world when you can communicate with each other. You go real nice and slow and set up good cover zones. We aint dying too often anymore and if the scenario stays stable we are getting them finished. Very challenging. And it really doesn't feel like the sp game at all.

NNDoc
07-20-2006, 03:06 PM
We are a BF2 clan but plan on adding a co-op server once the dedicated server files are released. It will be public. This plan is all dependant on UBI releasing the server files though.

AirBoy1952
07-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Sleepdoc-iBeta:
Now ye must venture out my son as has thy brothers before thee, assemble thy friends and join tribes and then do as thou fathers have done before thee. Schedule get togethers with people you know, hook up on voice cooms and kick some holy arse.

At this point, grabbing games on the fly is pretty much hopeless. But meeting folks online, voicing with them on their clan servers to stengthen the relationship and then setting up games with them directly is the only way to go. I password all my games and just do it with buddies.

Maybe after the promised patches, things will come back into shape for the random pick up games. but for now, establishng direct freidnships and relationships and then starting games with the poeple already assembled in voice comms is the only way to go.

Sleepdoc
lol ye that first line was funny my friend even trying to link up with people is a hard task.... lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Sleepdoc-iBeta
07-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Just feeding off your "Where art thou" subject line.

Though hast made laughter and it was good. Now go forth and play.

AirBoy1952
07-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sleepdoc-iBeta:
Just feeding off your "Where art thou" subject line.

Though hast made laughter and it was good. Now go forth and play.
muhahahahah lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Amoo
07-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Coop was a big reason I bought this game.
I love the coop in GR1, and I was looibg forward to COOP in GRAW.
But I run into waht u just said.

@Sleepdoc-iBeta, Y do I need to join a "clan" to coop? Why can't I just pick up a coop game like GR1?
Grin / UBI droped the ball on MP side.

Amoo