PDA

View Full Version : To those who still can't play: Reformat your PC

Customer57
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi, look I know it would take a long time, but it's worth a shot. I don't have much time to try it myself because I'm packing to move to a new school tomorrow. But I tried installing my DVD retail version onto a second computer that had just been reformatted to start from scratch, and it worked and I was able to play the game on it. My dad said that reformatting mine might make it work if it just has all the basic programs, (XP, microsoft, a few others) and nothing else to change too many settings in the background. Anyway, I can't do it to mine right now, but if someone out there has time, maybe it will work for you.

Here are the specs of my PC where it did NOT work: Windows XP service pack 2, P4 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, NVidiaGEFORCEFX 5950 Ultra.

Here are the specs of my dad's comp that it DID work on:
Windows XP service pack 2, P4 3.00GHz, 1GB RAM, NVidiaGEFORCEFX 5200. All settings on lowest possible, ran smooth like any regular game. Haven't passed it yet. played up to maybe chapter 3 or 4. I installed both patches.

I know it may seem strange, but my dad is usually right when it comes to PC stuff, so I will try it when I finish getting things settled after the move. Maybe a week or so. But I encourage anyone else with the time to try it so that we can see if this works.

The game is awesome but I still think Ubisoft sucks and will not buy from them again. I'll check the forum when I can to see if there are any updates on this. Hope this helps somebody.

Customer57
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi, look I know it would take a long time, but it's worth a shot. I don't have much time to try it myself because I'm packing to move to a new school tomorrow. But I tried installing my DVD retail version onto a second computer that had just been reformatted to start from scratch, and it worked and I was able to play the game on it. My dad said that reformatting mine might make it work if it just has all the basic programs, (XP, microsoft, a few others) and nothing else to change too many settings in the background. Anyway, I can't do it to mine right now, but if someone out there has time, maybe it will work for you.

Here are the specs of my PC where it did NOT work: Windows XP service pack 2, P4 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, NVidiaGEFORCEFX 5950 Ultra.

Here are the specs of my dad's comp that it DID work on:
Windows XP service pack 2, P4 3.00GHz, 1GB RAM, NVidiaGEFORCEFX 5200. All settings on lowest possible, ran smooth like any regular game. Haven't passed it yet. played up to maybe chapter 3 or 4. I installed both patches.

I know it may seem strange, but my dad is usually right when it comes to PC stuff, so I will try it when I finish getting things settled after the move. Maybe a week or so. But I encourage anyone else with the time to try it so that we can see if this works.

The game is awesome but I still think Ubisoft sucks and will not buy from them again. I'll check the forum when I can to see if there are any updates on this. Hope this helps somebody.

nemesis213
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Öhm .. question.

Have you tried the game on your "second" computer before you reformated it? Did it work?

Well ... a possible try ...
i have the time ... but i will not reformat my pc only for the poor work UBI/ARKANE did and of course not if all other things and games running well :-\.

Maybe someone other do it.

greetz

binduclow
01-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Its not worth it.If I have to do that to play
they should give out free copys of the game,or
pay me to wast my time fixing there problems.

Oakwarrior
01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
A reformat helps in ANY case. If any of you haven't done it yet you should. It'll make your comps a lot faster and it'll feel fresh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fresh computers... mm... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

WWRTFABATMKUITGShttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Customer57
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey guys. I knew I would get this kind of reaction. I know that doing this is a lot, but I posted this anyway just in case somebody would like to attempt. I had not tried this before on the working PC before, no.

But hey, I got some spare time and ended up reformating my PC, installed DM, patched it up, and it worked. That's right, it worked. Weird. ???

The problem that I had been having before was the mm.exe error that wouldn't even let the game start up when clicking the icon.

So yes guys I know that sucks and I don't even know if it will work for others, but I am just telling you in case anyone wants to try.