PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a movie?

neil_1821
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Well i have been told to make a movie on a specific raid ,famous fight etc etc so i'm asking for any suggestions as i cant really think of any in the pacific, no doubt i'll get scorched for that but ah well.

It would also be helpful if you know if the maps and skins are available, i did come accross one but it was Mitchell bombers off a carrier, which this game doenst allow you to do.

So pour all your ideas onto this post

neil_1821
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Well i have been told to make a movie on a specific raid ,famous fight etc etc so i'm asking for any suggestions as i cant really think of any in the pacific, no doubt i'll get scorched for that but ah well.

It would also be helpful if you know if the maps and skins are available, i did come accross one but it was Mitchell bombers off a carrier, which this game doenst allow you to do.

So pour all your ideas onto this post

96th_Nightshifter
06-05-2006, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil_1821:
i did come accross one but it was Mitchell bombers off a carrier, which this game doenst allow you to do.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you can, have managed it on a crowded carrier before with about 4 of us on deck and we all made it - just need to have low fuel and a not so heavy bombload, having a moving carrier also helps.

Sorry, don't have an ideas for you though.

neil_1821
06-05-2006, 11:20 AM
i know you can land them on the carrier but can you take them off form a carrier? Thats the part i need generally to get the movie rolling.

jarink
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
I was thinking about making a movie about the defense of Wake Island, but I never really got started on it. It has a pretty lmited scope and duration (one USMC squadron averaging only about 4 operational planes over about 2 weeks of combat), so it would be easy to tell the full story.

Other Pacific possiblilites:
Sinking of the Prince of Wales/Repulse
Yamamoto's shootdown
Butch O'Hare's "ace in a mission" flight
Saburo Sakai's last fight over Iwo Jima (amazing that he lived!)
Last mission (and death) of Maj. Tommy McGuire (P-38s vs Ki-43 and -84)
Lots more possibilites.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

As for the Doolittle raid, you could certainly fake it. Make scenes showing the planes on deck and on takeoff rolls. Make other scenes showing the Mitchells climbing up off the deck (fly the scene making touch-and-go landings or just skimming the deck. It might take a few tries, but it's certainly possible.) Combine the two series of clips into what would appear to be a complete takeoff.

310th Falcon
06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Other Pacific possiblilites:
Yamamoto's shootdown </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great ideas jarink...JRJacobs did make a movie about Yamomoto's shootdown...name "Iaijutsu". Very good and well done movie.

Best Regards

Joe-90
06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Techy111's first movie, Doolittle raiders, had the B25's taking off from the deck.

Check out FMB tutorial and you will see how to put them there.

http://www.jumpintojapan.com/index.html

Tooz_69GIAP
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Part 1 of Eye Of The Storm (http://perso.club-internet.fr/ptthome/Films/eye-1.zip)

Check that out to see B-25s taking off from a carrier. It's easy to do. And that was done in Full Switch settings, in a storm!

techy111
06-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Check out my Doolittle Raiders movie on netwings.org under IL2 Videos and let me know what you think?
I have some crazy ideas mate let me know if your still struggling for an idea?

Techy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

neil_1821
06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
thanks techy, i'll have a look at yours when i have found it lol. I've just being having major internet trouble with ntl at home so i'm a bit stuck, and yeah i am still trying to think of a video, i want something that isnt too challenging for my simple mind but would look good after. Although i really need to learn motion sketching and other effects to give it an edge.

Sgt_2Bristo
06-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Why not stay simple and make a movie on the attack of Pearl Harbour.

Do it from different perspectives though

Schuck
06-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Do a movie about the incident when Franz Stigler ran into the B-17 of Charlie Brown.

general_kalle
06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
the amotic bomb attack.

we do have the bomber B29
we do have the target Nagasaki
we do have the atomic bomb...or nearly (hide a Mistel)

well what are u waiting for