PDA

View Full Version : 30,000 tons and all I get...?

simpulon
04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I started a new career last night, starting in July of '42. I took USS Porpoise out to the Solomons, and during the patrol sank a medium split, two large modern splits, a modern large tanker, and a handful of sampans. (The gun crew needs practice!)

On the way home, we spotted an invasion task force with four passenger liners. Radioed it in, as we were out of ammo.

Finally, when we reach Freemantle, the Admiralty is pleased. Great patrol, they say. And then they give me a medal:

the Purple Heart.

ArthurPewty
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
One day I might actually finish a patrol to find out!
Count yourself lucky with the PH.
All I get are occasional incursions from the wife asking me what all the swearing is about, and a nice neck massage.

Goosen83
04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
The point being?

Da11en47
04-20-2007, 06:41 PM
So why did you get the purple heart again? Glich? Is it even called the purple heart in this game, I thought they can't use real medals.

rustywigal
04-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Same for me. Reality level of 72, sink 47,000 tons with no damage to the sub. Return to Pearl and get a Purple HEART ????

When does the next patch come out? Not soon enough. Many, many issues yet to be resolved. Takes 6 Mark IVs to finish off a Modern Split after first one has it at 35 degree list.

The menu interface needs an overhaul when going back to a career to start another patrol. You select the career menu and it always wants to start a new one. BAD!!!

Da11en47
04-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Just scored over 30k on my second patrol and this same exact thing happened, I didn't even get shot at, but thanks for the purple heart...