PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a demo next time?

SGT_2AD
03-24-2008, 03:59 PM
This could have been averted they had released a multiplayer demo a couple of weeks before release. It may not have identified all the issues, but would have caught this one. And generate the heavy network traffic that can only be replicated through a demo.

So if there is one thing that the managers and moderators of the forums should suggest, I would hope it would be that a demo of the product before release, be a requirement, to ensure proper internet online gaming testing. Not just a LAN.

It's damn shame this happened. Such a great game since it was Red Storm Entertainment, and the first Rainbow Six. I miss the custom patch you could wear.

ArtVandelay
03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Do you mean beta test? A demo would be part of the just about finished product and they wouldn't have been able to fix anything.

SGT_2AD
03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ArtVandelay:
Do you mean beta test? A demo would be part of the just about finished product and they wouldn't have been able to fix anything.

Beta or Demo. With a problem this large, they would have pulled back the release date. Remember Rainbow Six Vegas for the PSP was delayed a day before the release date. A couple of weeks out, would have caught this problem, and maybe averted the hard feelings most people have about Ubisoft. It would have been worth it. Pound Foolish Penny Wise.

bishopazrael
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
There's a technical difference.

A demo is something for people to try. It's pretty close to golden master.

A beta is specifically put out in a limited amount to get people to test it out and find bugs. This is put out usually much further back from the actual estimated release date. IE.. I just got the beta for Battlefield bad company yesterday. I'll be playing it all this week starting tomorrow. But the key is.. I'll also have a pen and pad with me to record specific things that the devs of the game will need to address.

A demo is something put out as a courtesy so people can test the game before they buy it. Now theres all kinds of stratagies and such for using both types of products.

I dont for the life of me know why Ubi felt like they didn't need a beta test OR a demo. The could have avoided a whole lot of this mess just by putting one out.

Twinbird
03-24-2008, 05:05 PM
<span class="ev_code_red">[CONTENT REMOVED]</span> They should have spent some more time and polished the game up a little. It's more of an expansion type thing than a sequel. I wish they would've released a demo, it would have most definitely prevented me from buying the game.

GSG_9_Rage
03-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Let's choose our words carefully. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bishopazrael
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I honestly believe that they didn't release a demo because they knew it would deter people from buying it.

Dantheman4887
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
A demo would be a good idea, but maybe ubi doesnt want to give any part of the story away or it might be overwealming and it would take longer for the game to release.

BUT YOU WOULD STILL BUY IT BECAUSE YOU WOULD LIKE IT SINGLE PLAYER IS THE PRO ONLINE PLAY IS THE CON YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEE ONLINE

SGT_2AD
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman4887:
A demo would be a good idea, but maybe ubi doesnt want to give any part of the story away or it might be overwealming and it would take longer for the game to release.

BUT YOU WOULD STILL BUY IT BECAUSE YOU WOULD LIKE IT SINGLE PLAYER IS THE PRO ONLINE PLAY IS THE CON YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEE ONLINE

The first scene would have been a good demo. They released one for RSV 1, on the xbox 360. And if I remember correctly, a single player, then a multiplayer one. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

UnrealBombSquad
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I know Rage please recommend it for any other games, not that I will be buying any other Ubi games after this.

Dantheman4887
03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Well I'm not trying to be offensive to UBI but most videogame compenies dont care if you like there game as long as you buy it and they get the money they are happy. But if they are being threatened with refunds and lawsuits they will definetly make a patch