PDA

View Full Version : Multiple SH3 install - another noob q.

hawkwind1962
01-30-2007, 06:33 AM
thanks for prompt replies to prev. q.

I'd like to have a second install of sh3 to run gwx with, but when i run the disc, the only option is to remove or repair. is this something to do with the copy protection, or am i just being dim?

thanks

Minoos
01-30-2007, 08:36 AM
SH3 disc will NOT start the game...start SH3 and insert your disc when asked for.

TheRealPotoroo
01-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by hawkwind1962:
thanks for prompt replies to prev. q.

I'd like to have a second install of sh3 to run gwx with, but when i run the disc, the only option is to remove or repair. is this something to do with the copy protection, or am i just being dim?
You can have as many installations of SH3 as you like. However, use file copy and not the installation disk to make the second and subsequent copies. If you want to keep the careers separate you'll need to download MultiSH3. Follow the link in my signature and read the help file. It's pretty straight forward.

hawkwind1962
01-30-2007, 10:19 AM
File->Copy the installed files on C or off the disc? (sorry, I'm not too hot at this sort of thing)

Will check the link.

THanks for the help, much appreciated guys.

hawkwind1962
01-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Ahhhh, got it!

Need to start with an unmodded copy. Guess I'll have to finish my Tonnage Mod campaign first.

THanks for the help!!!!

tuddley3
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
What you do, is start with a fresh SH3 stock install. Patch it to 1.4, then copy it to My Docs. Now you have 2 stock installs patched to 1.4. Now, choose which install you want for a Supermod. I suggest keep an unmodded install if you have the space. I have 4 installs.(Stock for multiplayer, WAC for Careers, GWX for Careers, and GWX for Multiplayer)

You will need a separate install of SH3 Cmdr for each Career install you want. Subsim thread about subject (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=98810)