PDA

View Full Version : problem of co-op submitted to Ubisoft Solution Center

Slipbyu
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
since there was no complaint about the scct co-op problems i submitted one ..after doing a search i found after all the complaints about this in the forum ,but no one summited one to Ubisoft Solution Center
so i did maybe they did'nt know there was a problem...

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 72 business hours.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL! You must login to our database to update this question or incident by clicking on the link below. Again, please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Question Reference #050405-000586
Summary: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op even though i have everything set right and ...
Select Product: PC Titles
Title: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Category: Multiplayer
Sub-Category: any
Date Created: 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Last Updated: 04/05/2005 11:46 AM

Discussion Thread
Auto-Response 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Title: Where are my profiles and saved games stored?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10359&p_created=1112119075

Title: What Ports Are Required to Play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Online?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10361&p_created=1112124082

Title: What Versions of Shader Model Does Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Support?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10380&p_created=1112383370

Title: Why is Chaos Theory trying to connect to the Internet during the single player ga
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10368&p_created=1112208881

Title: Minimum Requirements for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10164&p_created=1105656637

Customer (Slipbyu) 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op
even though i have everything set right and all ports are open
i even tried turning down my graphichs but cannot join a co-op game and many people are complaining about this also, and if i host a game it will host ok sometime lag sometime not depending on who joins me, but while in the game just as things are getting good and exciting we get disconnected, this is happening to just about everyone who host,lots of disconect from server and also many people as myself are sometime getting can not connect to cd key server, so you see there is something not right here and we gamers need your help in fixing it, co-op is very good but most or all of us cannot join a co-op server or if we host we have frequent disconnects its very disappointing.. can you help us to have a stable co-op game, tired all surgestions that people have posted in forums about opening ports cutting down graphics , waiting for who joins to sync up with you before you move, but for most of us about 90% i say are having the no can join a co-op server or get frequent disconnects...with all of the above have been tried! Dxdiag Attachment included.thanks

Slipbyu
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
since there was no complaint about the scct co-op problems i submitted one ..after doing a search i found after all the complaints about this in the forum ,but no one summited one to Ubisoft Solution Center
so i did maybe they did'nt know there was a problem...

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 72 business hours.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL! You must login to our database to update this question or incident by clicking on the link below. Again, please DO NOT REPLY directly to this email.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Question Reference #050405-000586
Summary: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op even though i have everything set right and ...
Select Product: PC Titles
Title: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Category: Multiplayer
Sub-Category: any
Date Created: 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Last Updated: 04/05/2005 11:46 AM

Discussion Thread
Auto-Response 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Title: Where are my profiles and saved games stored?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10359&p_created=1112119075

Title: What Ports Are Required to Play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Online?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10361&p_created=1112124082

Title: What Versions of Shader Model Does Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Support?
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10380&p_created=1112383370

Title: Why is Chaos Theory trying to connect to the Internet during the single player ga
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10368&p_created=1112208881

Title: Minimum Requirements for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Link: http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10164&p_created=1105656637

Customer (Slipbyu) 04/05/2005 11:46 AM
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op
even though i have everything set right and all ports are open
i even tried turning down my graphichs but cannot join a co-op game and many people are complaining about this also, and if i host a game it will host ok sometime lag sometime not depending on who joins me, but while in the game just as things are getting good and exciting we get disconnected, this is happening to just about everyone who host,lots of disconect from server and also many people as myself are sometime getting can not connect to cd key server, so you see there is something not right here and we gamers need your help in fixing it, co-op is very good but most or all of us cannot join a co-op server or if we host we have frequent disconnects its very disappointing.. can you help us to have a stable co-op game, tired all surgestions that people have posted in forums about opening ports cutting down graphics , waiting for who joins to sync up with you before you move, but for most of us about 90% i say are having the no can join a co-op server or get frequent disconnects...with all of the above have been tried! Dxdiag Attachment included.thanks

Jenxie
04-05-2005, 10:29 AM
almost certainyou will get the same reply as i did please post if you did:

- If you are using Windows XP, please make sure that the default firewall is disabled. (Please refer to your Windows XP documentation on how to disable this feature). If you have any other type of firewall software installed, please make sure that it is configured to allow access for the game that you are playing, or disabled. Mcafee Personal Firewall is the exception, that software will need to be completely uninstalled.

- If you have a router in your home network, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed for that device. Your router manufacurer should be able to help you complete this update.

- If you have a firewall or router on your Internet connection, the following ports should be open (consult your firewall documentation):

TCP 40000 to 43000 included
UDP 44000 in input/output
UDP 45000 in input/output
UDP 45001 in input/output
UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8888 - 8891 in input/output
UDP 8878 in input/output

These last two ports can be configured via Default.ini file. Please note that in case port 8878 is not available, the next 10 ports will be automatically tested.

For AllSeeingEye
- you need to open some more ports :

(27243-27245) UDP + TCP and 9011 UDP

- For the server, your firewall must be configured so as to accept the connections initiated from the outside

- To avoid getting "no connection" type error messages, please make sure that all of the required ubi.com ports and the ports for your specific game(s) are open and forewarding correctly. If you are unsure of how ports work then best course of action would be to contact your system administrator or ISP for more information.

Ts.Wakkko
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
what if you can't turn off your xp firewall?

scworld
04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
What if my router doesnt support ranges of ports?

Slipbyu
04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenxie:

- If you are using Windows XP, please make sure that the default firewall is disabled. (Please refer to your Windows XP documentation on how to disable this feature). If you have any other type of firewall software installed, please make sure that it is configured to allow access for the game that you are playing, or disabled. Mcafee Personal Firewall is the exception, that software will need to be completely uninstalled.

- If you have a router in your home network, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed for that device. Your router manufacurer should be able to help you complete this update.

- If you have a firewall or router on your Internet connection, the following ports should be open (consult your firewall documentation):

UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8878 in input/output

These last two ports can be configured via Default.ini file. Please note that in case port 8878 is not available, the next 10 ports will be automatically tested.

For AllSeeingEye

- For the server, your firewall must be configured so as to accept the connections initiated from the outside

- To avoid getting "no connection" type error messages, please make sure that all of the required ubi.com ports and the ports for your specific game(s) are open and forewarding correctly. If you are unsure of how ports work then best course of action would be to contact your system administrator or ISP for more information. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok will let you know , i did notice that i did not get disconected with winxp firewall off but i like to keep my fire wall on , i will try zone alarm if the free version let me choose ports

Slipbyu
04-05-2005, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenxie:

UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8878 in input/output

For AllSeeingEye

- To avoid getting "no connection" type error messages, please make sure that all of the required ubi.com ports and the ports for your specific game(s) are open and forewarding correctly. If you are unsure of how ports work then best course of action would be to contact your system administrator or ISP for more information. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yep got the same reply,, and i did everything they said i opened all of these ports
UDP 7776 in input/output
UDP 8878 in input/output
and still have the same problem ,you see how they ignore the problem by sending you the same things to do that don't work... talk about poor support...

D12AKO
04-05-2005, 07:13 PM
SC World,

If your Router doesn't support Port Ranges (which will be a first for me) then there's always the DMZ (aka IP Passthough) option. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif An IP Passthough bypasses your Routers security and all Ports are OPEN. If you do go that rought I then suggest you at least run a 3rd party Firewall to protect the rest of the ports the game isn't using.

ksimms
04-06-2005, 12:29 AM
i get that exactly the same thing - all required ports are open i actualy got to play it for about 6 seconds b4 it hung and disconnected now i dont even see the game during loading its disconnects straight away. i dont see why they made versus its own exe and not co-op they did it in pandora so why not chaos theory?. the idea of coop is awsome but the end of the matter is taht it just doesnt work like making a posh chair with one leg its poise out does its functionality. i allso been looking on diffrent sites for my isp "BT" i know theyve been blocking my ports cause of connection loss to newsservers and i know that bt are thinking aobut blocking ports and allso have herd that bt have blocked udp ports for 1-5142 im just wondering if anyone else is on bt if so i think i may have to email em.
BTAdsl (http://www.ispreview.co.uk/articles/btadsl/)

Jenxie
04-06-2005, 04:45 AM
yeah i figured you'll get the exact same pre-answerd reply wich is kinda poor, i did exactly as mentioned above and unlucky it didn't work but i got more support we were talking about built in routers in DSL modems and i had no clue DSL modems had routers in them =) BUT however my Alcatel SpeedTouch Home does not have a router in it =( i called my ISP also as they asked me to and they said my modem had no router and if your not protecting your own computer there is no blockung from their side... I got a reply that he forwarded the problem and it couldn't be solved... anyhow with all this info me and my neighbour started todo some serious testin, now when we played randomly with our regular video settings the game got disconected in co-op 1-20seconds into the game i told hi to turn all video settings off and run 640x480 (though we have very good computers) and we could actually play co-op, problem was when a camera spot'ed us or more than 2 guards started shooting at us game got disconnected, felt like it was an overload of some sort, so we said let's try NOT to get spot'ed at all that's when we almost finished a whole co-op mission... Unfortunatly the disconnect happen after awhile... we gave up figuring this was a graphical issue or the whole netcode thingie that 2 comps has to sync or whatever feels like the whole co-op is in BETA STAGE wich it truly sux to buy something that doesn't work..

ksimms
04-06-2005, 11:15 AM
deffo i was told to download the Gaming service (http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe)its like a ubi version of steam doesnt have chaos theory as i can see manadge to actualy play a game of about 5 seconds b4 it crashing and disconnectin,
not tryed the gfx element yet i dont see why u should need to turn down gfx just to play a game

braiog
04-06-2005, 12:25 PM
OMG!

I read that link's Q&A

(http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=10368&p_created=1112208881)

That is just SAD! Ubi! Ah man, I want to like you so much but you're SUCH a freakin sellout! Using an internet connection to download new in-game advertisements?

I hope someone makes a patch where it blocks this, and it finds what files contain those graphics so I can change the Diet Sprite Vending Machines to Mountain Dew ones, the Axe Deorodant to Axe : Essence (hey, it's my fave) and the Movie references to "Face/Off" (my all time favorite movie)

ksimms
04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
that would prbably why theres numour wriggley speargums init im shure uve all noticed that it aint from game sales more from advertisement

F_r_a_n_k98
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Yesterday, I also sent this email to Ubi :

"I'm trying to play coop with one of my friend over Internet. Both of us have high-end PCs and both of us are behind a D-Link 624 router (with built-in firewall/NAT).

We can chat in lobbies without problem but when one of us creates a coop game, the other cannot join. When we create the game and wait for the other to join, we only see his user name blink in the second slot for half a second and then never comes back. During this time, the player trying to join keeps looking at the "Joining Game" message and then times out.

Most of todays routers use a trigger TCP/UDP port to allow ports to be opened to the Internet for a specific application (like SC:CT). Which TCP or UDP port (only 1) should I use as a trigger to open the whole range of ports mentioned at pages 25 and 32 of the manual ? And, if I want to play coop, should I open ports at page 25 or 32... or both ?

We've even tried to put our routers in DMZ (all ports open) without success. Note that Windows XP built-in firewall is NOT active (I'm running XP-SP1 and my friend XP-SP2 with no firewall).

Thanks !"

... still waiting for an answer.