PDA

View Full Version : no calibration settings...

Ichmari
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
there is no easy way to calibrate this game. there is an "adjust lag" setting, but it has no feedback whatsoever. you have to enter the numbers blindly and hope you got it right. i find the game well nigh unplayable at this point. i'm on the verge of taking this thing back to the store. any suggestions?

Seceded
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
If you have Rockband or Guitar Hero go on those games calibrate the lag write the number down then apply them to Rocksmith is a possibility.

CircusMidget_TS
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Well,the worst setup to have that causes the most input lag is having the sound go through the HDMI cable to get sound through the TV. If you have video going to the TV and audio cables going to a separate speaker system, this would be a better setup.

Check our FAQ that we have on helping to reduce input lag to see if it might help you.

PS3
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap.../15459/p/1483%2C2327 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15459/p/1483%2C2327)

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap.../15458/p/1421%2C2326 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15458/p/1421%2C2326)

RonV66
10-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I have mine set to the default 50 and works fine.

I work with the composite audio out and a HD tv with hdmi.

bankievr6
10-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Some sort of visual lag synchronization system would be a huge benefit. Sort of a "strum the E string when the light flashes" kind of thing. I've been tweaking my settings but haven't quite nailed it yet. This method is very tedious as I have to adjust by a few ms and then go all the way back into a song, load it up, tune, play for 10-20 seconds, quit the song, go back to the sync option menu, change by a few ms, etc.

I'm using HDMI for video and composite audio out to speakers.

DrwhoGalefrie
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I thought the Calibration screen was useless.

Why not do it in real time?

I have no idea which way to go to tighten up the lag.

Mistermann.db
10-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bankievr6:
Some sort of visual lag synchronization system would be a huge benefit. Sort of a "strum the E string when the light flashes" kind of thing. I've been tweaking my settings but haven't quite nailed it yet. This method is very tedious...

Completely agree! I finally got mine dialed in after a fair amount of back and forth as you describe. Besides the negative experience with calibration, the rest of the RS experience has be first rate. Still, this was a major pain to deal with...

AlexLifeson
10-20-2011, 03:32 AM
I had a slight delay with my setup at first
Guitar > PS3 > HDMI > Receiver > speakers connected to AVR > TV for pix

The default was set at 50 ms and I tweaked that down to 30 ms and no more delay issues

done in 3 mins no prob

Mistermann.db
10-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by AlexLifeson:
done in 3 mins no prob

Me=Jealous http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Happy to hear that not everyone struggled with calibration. Thank goodness it's a set and forget type thing.

lethalpianowire
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
I think regardless of how people have calibrated their system an improvement to the existing "setting" window would be nice.

It's not a problem calibrating the game. It's a problem in how long it takes for you to get feedback if you have your setting correct or not.

Ubisoft has recommended using HDMI for video *only* and composite(Y/R/W - cables) to stereo output as the audio option.

Enable any game mode settings on your TV as well.

Once all of this is done, the current tool is still a pain to use because of the testing process. You pick a number (50 default - higher = faster display, lower equal slower) and then have to exit a few menus to load a song or a guitar technique challenge which all take time to load. This increases the time to test and get feedback for your settings.

Is it not possible to add a patch to the game, that with in the calibration window you can just add a small simple line of notes that you can test without having to go back and load a full song etc? It would be greatly beneficial to many of the users who find this process as cumbersome as I do.

What sucks even more is tweaking the settings and then remembering you forgot to put on your TV's game mode!!! LOL Doh!!

Please consider adding a scrolling line that will allow you to test the lag settings for the video within the video calibration window. It really is cumbersome and compared to all of the other musical games out there, it's lacking quite a bit. Rockband and GuitarHero have much much better lag calibration windows and I'm not sure why this far into the genre that wasn't the standard approach.

This game is amazing though and I'm enjoying it immensely. Please ad a lag calibration feedback window so we can tweak the video lag a little easier.

*edit - corrected component/composite term error.

xxBuddhasPALMxx
10-21-2011, 09:40 AM
as i've been using hdmi in my set up for years, do the composite/rca cables support 5.1 surround sound? if not, then i'll deal with the lag, since im already getting used to it

lethalpianowire
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Composite cables, the RCA Y/R/W (yellow/red/white) only support Left/Right Stereo sound. It's actually not too bad if you have a surround sound system. I would prefer to use HDMI and have the full surround experience but the analog cables work well enough too.

Sorry, I may have used the wrong term earlier, component cables are the R/G/B/R/W cables. Red, Green, Blue, left and right audio.

I've even tried just optical out (which does support Dolby 5.1) and it doesn't matter with the audio lag.

Also, something to note: I think, I'll have to double check this, the game doesn't actually support Dolby sound. Your receiver will detect it and change to the Dolby. Mine stays as a Stereo setup which ends up getting mixed out to the surround speakers but it is not true Dolby. Your receiver should detect the signal and switch it automatically. I'l have to confirm this though as I can't remember off the top of my head.