PDA

View Full Version : REGAN SEA BASE...UNWINABLE??

Nightfalc0n1993
12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
i went all the way back to turn 1 and hit the play button and watched the regan sea base.... for now all 53 turns NOBODY has been able to WIN THE Regan sea base. even Russia when they were really good and had the majority of the territory's could not even put op a decent fight at that location. it gives America the high ground and it has 5 up links a not even number so if someone takes 3 of the other team can just crash one and they can win easily.

Lucas_Fake
12-27-2008, 01:28 AM
of course you can win a game as a attacker on reagan.

but an attacking faction have never won it, not on PS3 and not on the 360.

the map is so unfair.
but good commanders winns there all the time. you have to fight over hes uplinks. dont allow him to get 2 uplinks and dont allow him to upgrade.
you need to rush

Joker_Of_Hearts
12-27-2008, 03:40 AM
I think what he is saying lucas, is the fact that it has been 53 turns with no change of ownership to Reagan is a tad unnerving. Not necessarily that it is impossible to win on that map (I have) but overall it hasn't exchanged hands... at all...

Artacool
12-27-2008, 03:41 AM
If you can't win there DON'T ****ING PLAY THERE!!!! let the good players on your faction win. I can't stress this enough... and by good players I don't mean you.

Artacool
12-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Joker_Of_Hearts:
I think what he is saying lucas, is the fact that it has been 53 turns with no change of ownership to Reagan is a tad unnerving. Not necessarily that it is impossible to win on that map (I have) but overall it hasn't exchanged hands... at all...

It's not impossible to win there I do it all the time(just to KIA JSF artillery). What is impossible, is for noobs to have common sense.

Nightfalc0n1993
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Artacool:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joker_Of_Hearts:

It's not impossible to win there I do it all the time(just to KIA JSF artillery). What is impossible, is for noobs to have common sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok two things, 1) im not a noob you called me a noob in two posts im one of the top 100 players on the ps3 version. 2)Apparently only one person understood what i meant "Joker_Of_Hearts" you get the gold star.. what this post was about was that NO FACTION HAS EVER CONTROLLED THE REGAN SEA BASE EXCEPT THE US... yah sure you can win there and so can I but overall we cant win it and it never happened on the 360.. the place is just to easy to defend. our faction will never win it.

Lucas_Fake
12-27-2008, 09:31 AM
and....

Artacool
12-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nightfalc0n1993:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artacool:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joker_Of_Hearts:

It's not impossible to win there I do it all the time(just to KIA JSF artillery). What is impossible, is for noobs to have common sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok two things, 1) im not a noob you called me a noob in two posts im one of the top 100 players on the ps3 version. 2)Apparently only one person understood what i meant "Joker_Of_Hearts" you get the gold star.. what this post was about was that NO FACTION HAS EVER CONTROLLED THE REGAN SEA BASE EXCEPT THE US... yah sure you can win there and so can I but overall we cant win it and it never happened on the 360.. the place is just to easy to defend. our faction will never win it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congradulations! your the millionth person to make a post complaining about Reagan Seabase http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I'm just tired of hearing it. Nothing is going to change maybe try coordinating a attack, where all the good players play there one day and the newer players don't play there that day, but I've already tried. There's just something about Reagan Seabase that draws noobs to play there over and over.

WhoDaresWins
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Artacool:
If you can't win there DON'T ****ING PLAY THERE!!!! let the good players on your faction win. I can't stress this enough... and by good players I don't mean you.

Well theres only two maps that Europe can play this turn and the Russian front (Other) one is used on 90% of maps anyway. Also it's a hell of alot easier to get into a US match than a Russian one since on the Russian front you can be waiting upto 10 minuites for a match.

Artacool
12-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by WhoDaresWins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artacool:

Well theres only two maps that Europe can play this turn and the Russian front (Other) one is used on 90% of maps anyway. Also it's a hell of alot easier to get into a US match than a Russian one since on the Russian front you can be waiting upto 10 minuites for a match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Reason we lose there has been identified by others* YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WhoDaresWins
12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
...What?

cr055man1995
12-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Apart from the obvious, upgrades, high ground and 5 uplinks, ive won 5 games in under 2 mins with a rush i consider to be uber awsome. but winning under 2 mins doesnt count as a win or a loss. you get no credits. and in 2 mins they can easily get both uplinks, meaning its hard to rush aswell.

Lucas_Fake
12-28-2008, 04:05 AM
i didnt wanted to say that, but yes.
JSF are cheating allot on that map.
i allways rush. i win in 4-8 min on reagan.
25% of the players i meet leaves the game before the 3 min mark, cus they can see im getting the upper hand.
it really sucks.

Lucas_Fake
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
but we should get it now, the ruskis is helping us alot.
they are winning on 4 big maps, and they are cutting of reagan.
im guessing only noobs will fight on reagan tonight.

Nightfalc0n1993
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
well us Russians are taking DC now and the Regan sea base now

MonkooAbu
12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I got a strategy that worked everytime with the exception of the US deploying minefields of the ramps. To be honest I have no clue how to get any of the upper building with mines on the ramps.

Here's what I did that worked every other time:
Deploy command (armed UAV required), 2 tanks, 2 transport, 1 engineer, once game begins deploy pure gunships.
Transports load up and take out drones arounf sierra, tanks move to the area across from Alpha and take out the 2 drones on attack side of the building.
As soon as the drones are out all ground vehicles move of Bravo, UAV attacks Alpha and Gunships take Sierra then hold until ground units reach Bravo.

Bravo and Alpha typically fall within seconds of each other, mission accomplished.

The UAV is almost always left alone, given the option to hit 1 UAV or a big attack force they always go for the latter. If it is killed just redeploy and/or finish Alpha with gunships.

TOPBUZZ90
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Regan air base will belong to Russia tonight S.G.B ya bas no surrender

FenrisWolf228
12-29-2008, 10:14 PM
well if you check the PS3 ToW, you'll see that reagan isn't unwinnable.

b_4721
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FenrisWolf228:
well if you check the PS3 ToW, you'll see that reagan isn't unwinnable.
Please the russians have been cheating blatantly on every map for the last week, obvious it's no different here, euros had plenty of chances and the russians win on their first try? Yeah right.

FenrisWolf228
12-29-2008, 11:14 PM
it's never been an assault for 1...
2: Euro sucks... how dare you compare me to them.

Nightfalc0n1993
12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
HA us Russians own the Regan sea base now enjoy trying to take it from ALMIGHTY Russia

Lucas_Fake
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
nice on, lets hope that not all the games are going to be assualt games.

I WUB PUGS
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are certain maps that nearly automatically go to the defending side.

I'm thinking Thessaly for SGB and maybe Matera for EFEC. They're all one sided with air support and tremendous defensive footing, great places for noobs or vets with new battalions to train up units.

Christ, I wish I could get a match on Reagan today to train up my new battalion. But oh well, I'll be going to the Holiday Bowl here in a little bit since I got free tickets, and then it's up to LA for New Years tomorrow, I hope JSF can make a push while I'm gone, got 3 wins out of me on Springfield.

Joker_Of_Hearts
12-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Nightfalc0n1993:
HA us Russians own the Regan sea base now enjoy trying to take it from ALMIGHTY Russia

You guys are ******ed... It is like taking a rock and throwing it at a tank.

EFEC = light weight, fast, manuevarability.
Russia = slow and hard hitting.

On a map like Reagan, with absolutely no support and the inevitable turtle to victory. Why even bother? We can't deploy tactics when every ruskie sits their in their base and permakills with arty.

Nightfalc0n1993
12-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Joker_Of_Hearts:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nightfalc0n1993:

You guys are ******ed... It is like taking a rock and throwing it at a tank.

EFEC = light weight, fast, manuevarability.
Russia = slow and hard hitting.

On a map like Reagan, with absolutely no support and the inevitable turtle to victory. Why even bother? We can't deploy tactics when every ruskie sits their in their base and permakills with arty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you euro's can win there its already been posted how to win there with the euros and you even said part of it yes the euros have the fastest vehicle's in the game so you got to rush for one of the up links and limit us to only one up link. its not impossible to win there .....we did

Joker_Of_Hearts
12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Well as of yet, no one has shown us that rushing head on into ruskie armor has won. So please give me the psn account name to watch that replay.

Lucas_Fake
12-31-2008, 12:33 AM
there is no reason for us to attack reagan anymore, cus the south EU front is open. so finally after 20+ turns we have newmaps to play

Joker_Of_Hearts
12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
23 turns to be exact. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

tancperson
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Regan is not that hard of a map for Russia. I would have laughed at that a few days ago but I found a strategy that will almost always win, depending on the enemys units, as well as take about 7-8 minutes average.
It makes me happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Your freindly neighborhood Russian.