PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to my friend

jmdc23
01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
does anybody have any clue why every time i team up with my friend online it keeps saying that i haven't unlocked or purchased the content.. something like that...

btw i downloaded the free DLC...

mccreight_L
01-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Did your friend download the free DLC as well?
Remember that there are 2 DLCs out but you'll need the latest

Also are you both in the same region (EU for example) or from different regions?

Is the DLC you downloaded from the same region as your game region? e.g. PAL, NTCS etc...

IPurple904
01-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Its not you most likely. its the servers. there trash. me and my friend got level 50 in 6 days and we couldnt connect numerous times and other times we ended up in seperate games for a while. its the servers, not you.

jmdc23
01-01-2011, 10:57 PM
@mccreight L: i told my friend to download the dlc and now we can team up.. thanks

@IPurple904: I agree the server are sometimes really slow, they should work on these asap...

mccreight_L
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
happy to help & have fun on ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ConsoleCaptain
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Been having same issue with a friend. On numerous occasions when I try to accept an invite, I get the error "cannot connect because player has not unlocked/purchased that content". When trying to accept my invites, he is given the same message, but directed at him.

We have all the same DLC and briefly thought we figured it out. Once he hit rank 12 (I was rank 17 or 18) and unlocked the last of the unlockable modes we were able to play together until recently. Now that I have hit rank 20 we're back to receiving the same error messages again.

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Check what update versions you're running - some players got an update just before new year's which appears to have been released and removed soon after - if one of you has it and the other doesn't, that could be the problem. As far as I've seen, only people in US and on PS3 have received the patch, and not all of them (some people got the patch and their friends who live local to them didn't, which is why I say it appears to have been removed). If one has that patch and the other doesn't, those players will be unable to interact. Have seen that same error message given as an example before.

I suggested that someone try uninstalling the game data and going back into multiplayer (which would re-update the game), and it appeared to have worked - haven't heard anything since he said it worked, at least.

ConsoleCaptain
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
according to Ubi phone support, ranks 12 and 20 are causing problems for people. supposedly it's where 12 unlocks the last mode and 20 unlocks the first perk. while you can join each other in lobbies, the Ubi guy said they have been getting a lot of calls about the connection issue of ranks 12 and 20.

ElliottLam
01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Yea check if you have the same patches and if you don't, there's your problem.

Unfortunately there's naught you can do about it atm so let's hope Ubi is working on something lol