PDA

View Full Version : Question about BDu comms.....

andylegate
09-18-2007, 08:40 AM
This goes out to the GWX team with their mod, as we know the Stock SH3, BDU does little more than say: "Keep up the good work!" and "Be more agressive!"

I love the fact that I get to see all sorts of messages from BDu and other units out there. Makes the sim all that more relistic. Here's the thing.

I'm out patroling, looking for helpless ships to sink, when I get a message. It's from U-101:
"Convoy sighted, grid AL09, dropping beacon."

Well, AL09 is quite a ways off for me, so the convoy will be long gone by the time I get up there.
A message from BDu: "Shadow convoy. Await for other units to converge before attacking."
And another right after that:
"U-48, U-99,and U-110, converge on U-101's beacon and attack the convoy."

Well that's a nice ladidah! When ever I sight a convoy, I fire a message off to BDu right away. The only answer I get is: "Received contact information, good job!"
But do I get back up to help?
Nooooooooooooo!

The question is, are there friendly AI's in this mod that actually will join me in attacking a convoy? Or is it simply messages to add to the abience of relism?

Karl_Donitz_Jr
09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I think it is just eye-candy andylegate. if you EVER got to one of those locations ~ ie if uoi were nearby when the message was recieved, you would not find anything.

That is my understanding anyway...

Kaleun1961
09-18-2007, 09:33 PM
It is definitely eye candy. In fact, you could dig through the game files and find the folder containing all of these messages. They are only to provide atmosphere to the experience and are not based on any in-game events. Personally, I find them annoying after a while and get tired of them knocking me out of time compression.