PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for developers

JackBauer_2008
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Splinter Cell franchise and I hope that the developers will improve on some of the flaws of Double Agent (although it was still a very good game).
The main thing in my opinion will be to make character interactions much more realistic. For example, I'd like to see characters become increasingly suspicious if you follow them for too long (Assassin's creed did not fully develop this feature) and take realistic action. There should be at least one difficulty setting where you have to approach things like you would in real life (ex. make sure some NPC's don't see you more than once, be forced to leave absolutely no trace of having been somewhere, NPC's should not forget about something you just did etc). I hope the combat will be similar to the Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum movies (brutal, efficient and realistic moves). There should definitely be some low key disarming moves that you can use in a crowd without attracting attention along with fluid gun disarming etc. This game has the potential to be great as long as it's more investigation/stealth oriented and forces the player to make a lot of decisions about who to trust etc (this should have real consequences).

Sorry about the long thread, I just have high hopes for this game.

JackBauer_2008
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Splinter Cell franchise and I hope that the developers will improve on some of the flaws of Double Agent (although it was still a very good game).
The main thing in my opinion will be to make character interactions much more realistic. For example, I'd like to see characters become increasingly suspicious if you follow them for too long (Assassin's creed did not fully develop this feature) and take realistic action. There should be at least one difficulty setting where you have to approach things like you would in real life (ex. make sure some NPC's don't see you more than once, be forced to leave absolutely no trace of having been somewhere, NPC's should not forget about something you just did etc). I hope the combat will be similar to the Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum movies (brutal, efficient and realistic moves). There should definitely be some low key disarming moves that you can use in a crowd without attracting attention along with fluid gun disarming etc. This game has the potential to be great as long as it's more investigation/stealth oriented and forces the player to make a lot of decisions about who to trust etc (this should have real consequences).

Sorry about the long thread, I just have high hopes for this game.

JackBauer_2008
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
In addition to my previous suggestions, I should mention that I've always wanted to see a game where you are really forced to behave like a professional operator (tradecraft etc). The developers might be interested in taking a look at some books by Andy McNab (former SAS commando) since they describe in great detail exactly how a professional would operate in these types of circumstances. I'm sure Ubisoft has consultants on staff. I just hope that their services are properly utilized.

Some cool ideas that I'd like to see would be for example, sticking someone up with a gun in a crowd and walking away without people noticing (then forcing him to help you). Threatening to kill someone to force another to cooperate would also be new. It would also be great to see a lot of sneaking into places with a lot of alarm systems (using high tech equipment) and being forced not to leave traces (fingerprints, moved objects etc).

That would make for an awesome game.

DoubleOSplint
12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes yes and thrice yes, someone who wants the same game as I do. Good form bro

EskimoBob32
12-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't think you should take everything Andy McNab says too seriously. There's some book called "The Real Bravo Two Zero" (at least I think that's what it's called) which pretty much discounts many of the claims he makes in his book.

AgentXVII
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
I don't think you should take everything Andy McNab says too seriously. There's some book called "The Real Bravo Two Zero" (at least I think that's what it's called) which pretty much discounts many of the claims he makes in his book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the OP was referring more to McNabs professional knowledge and 'tricks of the trade' type stuff he puts into his fiction work rather than his distortion of facts in Bravo Two Zero.

The problems with the accounts of both McNab and Ryan were relating to the role played by members of the team, rather than described military know-how.

rasheed2006
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I would like to see Splinter Cell EXPAND from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.. With SC4 they did not "expand" but experimented in a different direction, that did not work well. (my opinion) Now they are EXPANDING in THAT direction.

I think the new things they added from 1-3 were great. They made it a more realistic stealth game, keeping true to what a TRUE SPLINTER CELL is. Now if they continue making the basic idea into a EVEN MORE REALISTIC game.. It would be amazing..

That is what I looked forward to with each new game.. I would want to see how much REALER will this new game be.. Yet still keeping the idea of the shadows, lights.. Sneaking.. Crawling.. etc..

EskimoBob32
12-02-2007, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AgentXVII:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EskimoBob32:
I don't think you should take everything Andy McNab says too seriously. There's some book called "The Real Bravo Two Zero" (at least I think that's what it's called) which pretty much discounts many of the claims he makes in his book. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the OP was referring more to McNabs professional knowledge and 'tricks of the trade' type stuff he puts into his fiction work rather than his distortion of facts in Bravo Two Zero.

The problems with the accounts of both McNab and Ryan were relating to the role played by members of the team, rather than described military know-how. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's true, but the problem is also the fact that they appear to have sensationalised a lot of it to appeal to populist idea of the SAS. In other words, it has little substance as they are simply telling people what they want to hear about the SAS, namely that they really do have one solider take on a thousand and win.

DoubleOSplint
12-05-2007, 04:50 AM
we're not talking about Andy McNab though really are we?