PDA

View Full Version : Fuel bug? :/

colmaniax
03-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi, foud a bug on the second patrol mission to scapa flow, engine setting to standard 10kts all the way to patrol area, used 55% fuel. During the 24hr patrol used diesel and battery at 1/3 throttle used very little diesel3 to 5 kts, on the way back to dock went at 1/3 aprx 5 kts. About 350 miles from port message saif 10% fuel left, at 100 ish miles left to go it said no fuel remaining, yet i was still running on diesels to test the last 100 mils i stuck the engines on full blast to see if the engines stop but no i RTB with empty tank still on diesel fuel. My settings for fuel are on limited. This a bug or something else?

malkuth
03-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Starting to wonder if SHIII is Actually using the Difficulty settings. Only reason I wonder is cause I keep hearing complaints about dud torpedos. yet Ive had dudes set since First Patrol, and have yet to get one. Sunk 5 Merchants and 1 tug.

No dudes yet.

CdGGambit
03-19-2005, 10:11 AM
I was getting a ton of duds. About half my torps were dudding. Very annoying when you fire three torps (in a type II-A) and have them all dud.

I never tempted the fuel issue in a Type II-A though, always made it back to harbor. And with a type II-D (which has alot more fuel) or the type VII I always returned to port after I ran out of torpedos and was being chased by destroyers.

colmaniax
03-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I fept getting dud torps, fired all 3 salvos at a ship 2 broke up after hitting no explosion and the 3rd bounced off the hull, got pi***d off with it so i turned off the torp dud option.
I had the Type IIA the very first sub you get camp start 1939 foatilla 1, small fuel tank.
out of fuel needs to be tested, I did read on the FAQ that out-of-fuel would never happen as the navagator would say when to rtb or someting like that.

PsychoFritz
03-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm using the Type IIA also and its tough to even get to the patrol zone and patrol then get back without running out of fuel. If you never do maybe then I don't have to worry about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I usually have to run at 1/3 speed setting to get there and back with enough fuel.

gamesurfer14
03-19-2005, 12:08 PM
ok i tested the fuel bug and u do run out of fuel. when the guy says out of fuel or whatever if u bring up your fuel gauge u still have about 4 percent fuel left so i cranked here up to flank and made it another proly 120 miles

colmaniax
03-19-2005, 02:26 PM
thanks gamesurfer for the test http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I prob didnt go far enough lol

NastyHyena
03-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Ok, the dud torpedo problem with duds turned off is not a true duds problem. Even with duds off, if the fish hits at an angle too far off of 90 degrees, it might not go boom.

So I just use the influence fuse and run it a few centemeters under the keel.

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 08:14 PM
The devs said that you never get stranded due to fuel. Even if you run out you can still make it home.

SS.DJSatane
03-20-2005, 06:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frederf220:
The devs said that you never get stranded due to fuel. Even if you run out you can still make it home. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? That makes no sense, if someone wants to never run out of fuel they can use less realism options, for the people who actually use the option where you can run out of fuel, you should be stuck and possibly fail mission with message you have been resupply and returned to base by friendly or sank and captured by enemy. But please dont make us to just always make it back even if out of fuel thats just childish.

Dunbal
03-20-2005, 08:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malkuth:
Starting to wonder if SHIII is Actually using the Difficulty settings. Only reason I wonder is cause I keep hearing complaints about dud torpedos. yet Ive had dudes set since First Patrol, and have yet to get one. Sunk 5 Merchants and 1 tug.

No dudes yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing a campaign on full realism and I've had a few duds - about 5-10% (of 40 to 50 torpedoes expended I've had 3 or 4 torpedoes go clonk or detonate prematurely). I personally think this is rather low for the start of the war but they are in there. You do NOT get a "dud torpedo" message tho, at least from what I have seen. Maybe you are getting duds but don't notice them and you think you are missing?