PDA

View Full Version : weapon load-out?

HELIUMSNIFFER
03-13-2005, 08:47 AM
which one do u choose to get the good scope?

HELIUMSNIFFER
03-13-2005, 08:47 AM
which one do u choose to get the good scope?

samfisherflame8
03-13-2005, 09:05 AM
the sniper isnt in the demo. and all the other attachments have 1.5 x zoom

braiog
03-13-2005, 09:49 AM
I think I heard somewhere that the Sniper Zoom Scope will have a 6x Zoom. Using the sticky Cam I can see what that would look like, and that should be more than sufficient to take down the baddies at a distance.

I just wonder how SC:CT works.

Do you start off with certain items, and as you progress, you get more, which are then available for you in later loadouts? If you save ammo/items, are they available in later missions or are you given set items per mission depending on your loadout selection? Would they only give you map-critical items (like a Sniper Zoom Scope) on a map where they expect you to snipe enemies?

Lotsa questions, but no review I've seen to date answers that. Oh well, I'll have an answer in 2 weeks.

Spartan117..
03-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I just hope that in SCCT you don't find specially made covert government equipment specifically made for Sams SC20K like sticky cameras in a low tech guerilla bad guy's satchel. Which happened all the time in Pandora Tomorrow, and was really fake if you know what I mean.

black ops freak
03-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I agree, Spartan117, that SCPT was pretty unrealistic. What was even more unrealistic, though, was that you could find ammo specifically made for your gun throughout the levels, as well as the sticky cams and ring foil rounds and even gas grenades. However, in the demo, besides the presence of "health" which is extremely unrealistic, the ammo has been taken out, and all the "satchels" have mostly been taken out in favor of interrogation.

mikeiron0404
03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think I heard somewhere that the Sniper Zoom Scope will have a 6x Zoom. Using the sticky Cam I can see what that would look like, and that should be more than sufficient to take down the baddies at a distance.

I just wonder how SC:CT works.

Do you start off with certain items, and as you progress, you get more, which are then available for you in later loadouts? If you save ammo/items, are they available in later missions or are you given set items per mission depending on your loadout selection? Would they only give you map-critical items (like a Sniper Zoom Scope) on a map where they expect you to snipe enemies?

Lotsa questions, but no review I've seen to date answers that. Oh well, I'll have an answer in 2 weeks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Equipment will become more available as you progress through the game, just like in SC, and they will never make you have to use an attachment, so if you pick stealth you might get foregrip and multilauncher no matter the level, so UBI will never force equipment on you. On the topic of equipment, does anyone know if the sniper attachment will use the same ammo as the SC20K?

SPROGGY
03-13-2005, 02:21 PM
the ammo isnt so unrealistic, 5.56 Nato rounds are fairly Common even in other counries. But i agree about the airfoils and sticky cams....why would they have that stuff......

mdp7828
03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
^agreed, 5.56 is pretty common, however, 5.72 is not, but, its just a game, right?

SilentAce07
03-13-2005, 07:04 PM
there IS extra ammo in the demo... its next to the sleeping guy on the shelf thing, theres ammo, and a frag grenade, and something else i think

braiog
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
On the PC demo, it's just Ammo, Frag and next to the table is a Medkit, but that's not really a weapon or attachment.

Spekkio9
03-13-2005, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeiron0404:
[QUOTE]
Equipment will become more available as you progress through the game, just like in SC, and they will never make you have to use an attachment, so if you pick stealth you might get foregrip and multilauncher no matter the level, so UBI will never force equipment on you. On the topic of equipment, does anyone know if the sniper attachment will use the same ammo as the SC20K? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will use .338 Lapua rounds I believe (it says in one of the training videos), but it's definitely different ammo.

FN57
03-13-2005, 07:49 PM
.338 Lapua, holy ba-jesuz. I hope sam likes felt recoil...